Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECU Fan Perspective on Attendance

Started by ECU Pirate 1, December 15, 2009, 10:42:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghelmet14

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 17, 2009, 08:22:33 am
As for saying our stands are "empty" here is a list of order to how full each stadium was this year for every team...notice arkansas is behind ecu, as well as 92 other fbs teams, so mabye you should concentrate on how empty arkansas stadium is looking.

South Fla.
Oregon
Texas
Kansas
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Kentucky
Ohio St.
Michigan
Boise St.
Florida
Minnesota
Wake Forest
Utah
BYU
LSU
Virginia Tech
Georgia
Notre Dame
Alabama
Penn St.
Wisconsin
Michigan St.
Iowa
Tennessee
North Carolina St.
Mississippi St.
East Carolina
Cincinnati
Auburn
Connecticut
West Virginia
Illinois
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia Tech
Rutgers
Kansas St.
Texas Tech
Colorado
Navy
Oregon St.
Texas A&M
Clemson
Mississippi
Arizona
Southern California
Arkansas
Florida St.
Missouri
Oklahoma St.
Washington
Vanderbilt
Maryland
TCU
Southern Miss.
Indiana
Iowa St.
UCF
Stanford
California
Fresno St.
Pittsburgh
Purdue
Boston College
Syracuse
Houston
Idaho
Virginia
Duke
Louisville
Air Force
Tulsa
Fla. Atlantic
Ohio
Hawaii
Baylor
UCLA
Army
Colorado St.
New Mexico
Western Mich.
SMU
Middle Tenn.
Arizona St.
Louisiana Tech
Central Mich.
Washington St.
Wyoming
Miami (FL)
Utah St.
Kent St.
Toledo
UNLV
Troy
La.-Lafayette
Western Ky.
North Texas
Bowling Green
Marshall
Nevada
Akron
Arkansas St.
UTEP
Buffalo
New Mexico St.
Northwestern
FIU
San Jose St.
Miami (OH)
Ball St.
Northern Ill.
San Diego St.
La.-Monroe
Memphis
Tulane
Rice
Temple
UAB
Eastern Mich.

Dude... get a life.... if that is all acurate... you spend way tooooo much time to prove a useless point.... Go to bed... get some sleep... come back tomorrow and we will discuss how your team is going to lose on the field.... cuz you done lost the stands war!

ps... your champ game was a HOME game if it took place IN YOUR STADIUM!!!! period! therefore... avg 41K! :D
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 17, 2009, 07:53:36 am

...if we went 11-1...12-1  we would be in a bcs bowl with our schedule...

I would say that with the 56th ranked schedule, you may or may not have to go undefeated to get into the BCS.  One loss might keep you out.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/toughest%20schedule/fbs_9games_cumm.pdf

hogdiggity

Quote from: PorkPariah on December 17, 2009, 08:46:51 am
This is ridiculous.  I really don't understand why you and others get a thrill out of running them down.  You guys need a hobby or something.

My point was that they have only sold 4500 tickets to this game, I think that is pitiful.  They can have all the excuses they want, but it won't change the fact that thier numbers will be low.  Then they have some fans that come to a Razorback message board and want to talk crap about how great their program is and how great of fan support they have. 

DukeOfPork

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 17, 2009, 08:28:16 am
lol, your a loser, have fun failing at life I will just ignore you from here on out.

If you are going to continue participating in the flaming wars, then you need to not look ignorant.  You have already racked up 199 posts on this board, most of which contain an incorrect usage of the word "your".

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your

DukeOfPork

Quote from: hogdiggity on December 17, 2009, 08:57:59 am
My point was that they have only sold 4500 tickets to this game, I think that is pitiful.  They can have all the excuses they want, but it won't change the fact that thier numbers will be low.  Then they have some fans that come to a Razorback message board and want to talk crap about how great their program is and how great of fan support they have. 

4500 tickets is not good.  Nor is the recent attendance at BWA.

And it is true that if this bowl were being played in South Carolina or somewhere, ECU fans would outnumber us.  Yes, we bring more fans in general.  But we are an SEC school and we should expect to do that.

EcuHeisman

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 17, 2009, 08:48:12 am
Dude... get a life.... if that is all acurate... you spend way tooooo much time to prove a useless point.... Go to bed... get some sleep... come back tomorrow and we will discuss how your team is going to lose on the field.... cuz you done lost the stands war!

ps... your champ game was a HOME game if it took place IN YOUR STADIUM!!!! period! therefore... avg 41K! :D

it took all of 1 minute, its called copy/paste....but then again that may be a stretch for arkansas fans to figure out.

EcuHeisman

Quote from: PorkPariah on December 17, 2009, 08:58:09 am
If you are going to continue participating in the flaming wars, then you need to not look ignorant.  You have already racked up 199 posts on this board, most of which contain an incorrect usage of the word "your".

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your

lol an arkansas fan joking someones grammar, now that is funny.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 17, 2009, 09:19:21 am
lol an arkansas fan joking someones grammar, now that is funny.

Well, it's not like you made that mistake just one time.  You made that mistake in seemingly dozens of posts, so you clearly do not understand the difference between "your" and "you're".

You can take this as a flame or you can use this as a golden opportunity to learn the difference once and for all.  Afterall, I just want to help...

EcuHeisman

Quote from: PorkPariah on December 17, 2009, 09:51:19 am
Well, it's not like you made that mistake just one time.  You made that mistake in seemingly dozens of posts, so you clearly do not understand the difference between "your" and "you're".

You can take this as a flame or you can use this as a golden opportunity to learn the difference once and for all.  Afterall, I just want to help...

do you really think im paying attention to my grammar on a message board? notice i am not using capital letters at the beginning of my sentences gee golly wizzz, i may not pas da firs grade..

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 17, 2009, 09:57:47 am
do you really think im paying attention to my grammar on a message board? notice i am not using capital letters at the beginning of my sentences gee golly wizzz, i may not pas da firs grade..

Well you won't in Arkansas. Good thing you live in the Carolinas. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

Beaverfever

Honestly I'm surprised ya'lls attendance is that impressive.  Didn't think yall had a fanbase like that.  43k is nothing to be ashamed of. 

rwspear

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 17, 2009, 02:10:59 pm
Honestly I'm surprised ya'lls attendance is that impressive.  Didn't think yall had a fanbase like that.  43k is nothing to be ashamed of. 

Nothing to brag about either, although the little pirates seem to think think it is. Go home pirates, and don't come back until January 2nd. I'll have crow for you.

ECU Pirate 1

Off subject but I can't stop looking at EcuHeisman Avatar.  AWESOME!

I will be in Memphis wearing the Purple and Gold whether we have 1 fan me or 4,500 (would be pitiful).

Not sure of our numbers last year but it did seem like we filled close to 1/2 of the stadium.  I guess UK is a bigger name than ARK.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: ECU Pirate 1 on December 17, 2009, 02:41:32 pm

I guess UK is a bigger name than ARK.

Well, we don't have the star power that an ECU does, but we do what we can.

rwspear

QuoteNot sure of our numbers last year but it did seem like we filled close to 1/2 of the stadium.  I guess UK is a bigger name than ARK.

How much more disappointed will you be than last year when we have our bench in the game before the start of the 4th quarter?

rtpbuc

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 17, 2009, 02:10:59 pm

It's nothing to sneeze at when you are a regional school in a state with 5 D1 universities and you aren't one the two "state" schools.  We have a high percentage of out of state students (a lot from the northeast) as well so once they graduate they generally move back home.  We are proud of our attendance.  And it's only going to get better. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ECU Pirate 1 on December 15, 2009, 11:02:31 am
The point is lawhawg that most people can't even put a finger on a map to point out where Arkansas is.  It's a hole in the wall place that you move to if you are hiding from your cousin who you had an afair with.  Case and point no NFL team and no other major University in the vicinity.

Had to call bs.. Arkansas is a hole in the wall where you hide WITH your cousin and raise a family...

U r dum...

Sorry fellow Arkansans.. I couldn't help myself...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoghelmet14

All I know is that the second of January can't get here soon enough!.... ecu fans exit stage left....

Beaverfever

Quote from: rtpbuc on December 17, 2009, 05:37:56 pm
It's nothing to sneeze at when you are a regional school in a state with 5 D1 universities and you aren't one the two "state" schools.  We have a high percentage of out of state students (a lot from the northeast) as well so once they graduate they generally move back home.  We are proud of our attendance.  And it's only going to get better. 
Yes that's what I meant.  For being basically a no name school (no offense, yall look to be headed upwards) 43k is great.  I didn't figure schools like NC State, Wake and Duke got much if any more than that. 

El Dogg Hog

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 17, 2009, 08:22:33 am
As for saying our stands are "empty" here is a list of order to how full each stadium was this year for every team...notice arkansas is behind ecu, as well as 92 other fbs teams, so mabye you should concentrate on how empty arkansas stadium is looking.

South Fla.
Oregon
Texas
Kansas
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Kentucky
Ohio St.
Michigan
Boise St.
Florida
Minnesota
Wake Forest
Utah
BYU
LSU
Virginia Tech
Georgia
Notre Dame
Alabama
Penn St.
Wisconsin
Michigan St.
Iowa
Tennessee
North Carolina St.
Mississippi St.
East Carolina
Cincinnati
Auburn
Connecticut
West Virginia
Illinois
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia Tech
Rutgers
Kansas St.
Texas Tech
Colorado
Navy
Oregon St.
Texas A&M
Clemson
Mississippi
Arizona
Southern California
Arkansas
Florida St.
Missouri
Oklahoma St.
Washington
Vanderbilt
Maryland
TCU
Southern Miss.
Indiana
Iowa St.
UCF
Stanford
California
Fresno St.
Pittsburgh
Purdue
Boston College
Syracuse
Houston
Idaho
Virginia
Duke
Louisville
Air Force
Tulsa
Fla. Atlantic
Ohio
Hawaii
Baylor
UCLA
Army
Colorado St.
New Mexico
Western Mich.
SMU
Middle Tenn.
Arizona St.
Louisiana Tech
Central Mich.
Washington St.
Wyoming
Miami (FL)
Utah St.
Kent St.
Toledo
UNLV
Troy
La.-Lafayette
Western Ky.
North Texas
Bowling Green
Marshall
Nevada
Akron
Arkansas St.
UTEP
Buffalo
New Mexico St.
Northwestern
FIU
San Jose St.
Miami (OH)
Ball St.
Northern Ill.
San Diego St.
La.-Monroe
Memphis
Tulane
Rice
Temple
UAB
Eastern Mich.

You got Boise St. on both lists there Butt Pirate....so you're cover is blown. Go back and try to make up something else to make your attendance look good.

El Dogg Hog

Quote from: ECU Pirate 1 on December 17, 2009, 02:41:32 pm
  I guess UK is a bigger name than ARK.

You guess it's a bigger name.......god, I love these pink pirate football fans. They know nothing; however, I'm glad CBP is going to give them an education.

EcuHeisman

December 18, 2009, 07:31:10 am #121 Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:33:06 am by EcuHeisman
Quote from: El Dogg Hog on December 17, 2009, 08:40:45 pm
You got Boise St. on both lists there Butt Pirate....so you're cover is blown. Go back and try to make up something else to make your attendance look good.

its not made up, go to

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/attendance/fbs_attendance.html

tell me when you find a brain.

LZH

Quote from: PorkPariah on December 17, 2009, 08:46:51 am
This is ridiculous.  I really don't understand why you and others get a thrill out of running them down.  You guys need a hobby or something.

Agreed.  I'll piss on your leg, you piss on mine...I'll piss on your leg, you piss on mine...I'll.....................

85AHog

thread jack alert

ECU guy-What's the story behind Ron Cherry (ACC official) hating ECU? 

2FNFST4U

The guys point was there are Saturdays when 3 college teams located within 50 miles of each other are all playing home. The combined attendance could be upwards of 150k which isn't bad for that market.

Throw in the fact that Charlotte is a few hours and a crappy I-40 away and not many people are driving up from Charlotte.

Plus Charlotte is now a city of people from all over as it has grown tremendously over the last couple decades.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 18, 2009, 08:22:40 am
Agreed.  I'll piss on your leg, you piss on mine...I'll piss on your leg, you piss on mine...I'll.....................

:D

Yeah, it just makes them feel warm all over.

hogfan064

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 18, 2009, 07:31:10 am
its not made up, go to

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/attendance/fbs_attendance.html

tell me when you find a brain.

This list isn't accurate because it doesn't consider the fact that Arkansas plays in 2 stadiums. 

The following is the official attendance for every Hog game this year

Missouri State in Little Rock 55572
Georgia 74210
Auburn 72559
Eastern Michigan 62501
South Carolina 68865
Troy 664442
Miss State in Little Rock  55634
Total attendance  455,783
Total avg attendance 65,112

Now consider the capacities of Razorback Stadium(Fayetteville) and War Memorial Stadium(Little Rock).

Razorback Stadium has an official capacity of 72,000
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=187018

War Memorial has an official capacity of 53,727
http://www.wmstadium.com/history/stadium-history

For Fayetteville games we averaged 68,915, that is 96% capacity

For War Memorial games we averaged 55,603 that is 103% capaciy

Total possible capacity for home games was 66,779.  So actual capacity for the season by % was 97.5%, which would rank us 27th right ahead of ECU. 

South Florida's capacity #s are a joke.  Raymond James Stadium seats well over 60,000 and they only average 52,000.  The NCAA has some faults in this ranking. 

Trottsky

Dr. Christopher Knighten, formerly of ECU and now the Razorback Band director, was able to find Arkansas on a map, and he and his educator wife fled that directional university for what they obviously see as a better life at UA.

ECU Pirate 1

Quote from: NolanForAD on December 18, 2009, 10:53:37 am
I'm still LMAO at the guy who tried to put down Arkansas by saying he couldn't find it on a map.  Is there somewhere we can submit that for the most stupid quote of the year?

Nolan go back and read the quote again it clearly states "Most people can't find Arkansas on a map" not I can't find it on a map.

Although "Most" is clearly and exageration at the time I typed it due to the mood you Razorbacks put me in I would still be confident in saying that "Some" is a more accurate assumption.

hogfan064

Quote from: ECU Pirate 1 on December 18, 2009, 11:08:36 am
Nolan go back and read the quote again it clearly states "Most people can't find Arkansas on a map" not I can't find it on a map.

Although "Most" is clearly and exageration at the time I typed it due to the mood you Razorbacks put me in I would still be confident in saying that "Some" is a more accurate assumption.

Some people can't read and write either.  Some people actually believe there isn't a North or South Carolina.  They think it is just "Carolina"

Only stupid people don't know where Arkansas is.  Those people who are too dumb to have learned geography in 3rd grade.  Any educated person knows where Arkansas is.

Verge

Quote from: ECU Pirate 1 on December 18, 2009, 11:08:36 am

If you don't know the 50 states and you are over the age of 12, you need to be taken out back and culled from the collective society as anti-evolution.

ECU Pirate 1

Quote from: hogfan064 on December 18, 2009, 11:21:06 am
Some people can't read and write either.  Some people actually believe there isn't a North or South Carolina.  They think it is just "Carolina"

Only stupid people don't know where Arkansas is.  Those people who are too dumb to have learned geography in 3rd grade.  Any educated person knows where Arkansas is.

North Dakota, South Dakota, Deleware and Rhode Island may give some people trouble also.

ECU Pirate 1

Quote from: Verge on December 18, 2009, 11:22:16 am
If you don't know the 50 states and you are over the age of 12, you need to be taken out back and culled from the collective society as anti-evolution.

Ha ha hahahahaha.  Now that's funny.  Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!

Porkerpower

Quote from: Shnooka on December 15, 2009, 12:12:43 pm
My buddy ECU Pirate 1 makes a good point... if it werent for the oversaturation of universities in the area then we would definitely have better attendance.  The so-called "fair weather fan" or the casual football fan in North Carolina has many choices other than East Carolina.  Thats not a shot at your fans at all. 

In regards to the "die-hard" fans, we will be in Memphis.  We are not weak in any aspect of the word.  We will be loud and proud of our Pirates, just as i expect you all to be. 

And we are definitely not losers... we have knocked off a good share of top 25 opponents of the past 2 years and held a higher ranking in the polls than you have.  And there is also the back to back conference championships.  While we are certainly not in a conference like the powerhouse SEC, we arent afraid to play you and we expect to beat you.  Thats how winners play. 

I expect a great game and i know you have the capability to blow us out... just know we have the capability to win this game.  Thats why they play the game. 

See you in Memphis hogs, ill be the loud ECU fan in your earhole, win or lose. 

GO PIRATES!!!

You sound like Ark. St. fans.  Sure, Ark. St.'s fan base would be huge if the Razorbacks weren't around.  But to bad, so sad, they ARE.

Yea, East Carolina would have a huge fan base if only there were no North Carolina, NC State, ect...

Not running your program down at all, just sayin...     I've watched you guys two or three times this year, and you look like a well coached, scrappy team to me. 

All respect to you and your team.

Sooie!!!

ECU Pirate 1

Quote from: NolanForAD on December 18, 2009, 11:42:01 am
Its actually not funny.  You people that can't find various states on a map, or name the countries that border the U.S. (much less name their capitals) are the prime example of the international joke that the U.S. educational system has become.

Damn you're a Debbie Downer.  You can't even have fun on these boards.  Anyways I have better things to do than listen to Mr. Politics over here.

Later.

saturday6

Quote from: ECU Pirate 1 on December 15, 2009, 11:02:31 am
The point is lawhawg that most people can't even put a finger on a map to point out where Arkansas is.  It's a hole in the wall place that you move to if you are hiding from your cousin who you had an afair with.  Case and point no NFL team and no other major University in the vicinity.

Hmm - Maybe they don't teach Geography at ECU.  Most 5th graders know where all the states are located.  I recently was in the New York area and ran into some real dummies about state locations but talk SEC Football and most could name the teams in the SEC.

GO HOGS GO

hoghelmet14

Did one of the ecu dudes get mad and take his toys and go home?

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Verge on December 18, 2009, 11:22:16 am

What about them rectangle shaped states... that all look the same?  do we have to be able to tell by shape or just name all 50?

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 19, 2009, 07:23:21 am
Attention ECU fans!!!

Tickets to the Liberty Bowl less than face value...
This should help your attendance!!!

Link:
http://boneyardbanter.com/message_board/football/2009/December/16/1241.php

I doubt it... it might sleet! LOL

blackbeard96

Heads up Arkansas fans!!!!!! It dont matter to us how many butts u put in the seats, we got this. SEC Powerhouse rolls over subpar opponent, and the 1st string actually never even dressed out. Petrino so superior to Holtz, a white flag option being considered. Hawgs had 70,000 show up for losers from CUSA just to assure themselves of a large pig-pickin alumni blow out.  We bow down... almighty Arkansas.  Thanks for taking time out of ur busy SEC schedule to come and play in the Liberty Bowl, oh wait... this is ur bowl game too.. I almost thought, just for a second that we both were in the Liberty Bowl. But I was wrong..... the hawgs honestly feel they deserve more, well.... there isnt. And after we beat u, I will be back here, hopefully in tact after being in Memphis...so take a BIG bite of some butt pirates...

HoopS

BIGBADHAWG1

Ecu and ARKANSAS will meet Jan. 2, and the proof will be a cold ,hard truth to the pirates......ARKANSAS  48      ecu 17. Come back and take like a real Pirate on Jan 3......

HoopS

Officials expect over 50,000 fans there.   

That is, 50,000 Hog fans. 

El Puerco

December 21, 2009, 07:51:14 am #143 Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:53:27 am by El Puerco
Quote from: ECU Pirate 1 on December 15, 2009, 10:54:53 am
I don't typically respond to ignorance but you are obviously not a fan of this sport with a comment like that.  You must be one of those people stuck in that SEC bubble that never comes out to enjoy other leagues.  Understandable.

I, for one, like to get out of my SEC bubble and enjoy other leagues.  Enjoyed the UCF game, enjoyed the Southern Miss game....Going to enjoy the ECU game....
How did so many "Conference USA" teams make bowl games?  Is this that thing where the other school pays like a million dollars to play you guys?  That "Rent-a-win" deal? 
How much will we have to pay your team to fly drive out to Memphis to have their spleen stomped?

big_ol_meat

http://www.city-data.com/city/Greenville-North-Carolina.html Population in July 2008: 79,629

http://www.city-data.com/city/Fayetteville-Arkansas.html Population in July 2008: 73,372

States ranked by median household income:
37 North Carolina $46,549
48 Arkansas        $38,815

Population: Arkansas USA; Population, 2008 estimate        : 2,855,390
Population: North Carolina USA; Population, 2008 estimate : 9,222,414
NC has 3 times as many people and average 8K more a year.  No excuse on traveling to support a team.
To all the virgins, thanks for nothing.

Kyle76

Little Rock to Memphis = 137 miles
Raleigh to Memphis = 767 miles

50,000 Arkansas fans travel a total of 6,850,000 miles

9,000 ECU fans travel a total of 6,903,000 miles

Who really goes farther to support their team?

big_ol_meat

Results: (Attendance Record)
2006 - Florida 38, Arkansas 28 (73,374 at Atlanta)
2002 - Georgia 30, Arkansas 3 (74,835 at Atlanta)
SEC Championship results.  You're right.  Arkansas won't travel.

Kyle76

Quote from: big_ol_meat on December 21, 2009, 02:43:01 pmYou're right.  Arkansas won't travel.

Who said Arkansas won't travel?  I'm just trying to put a little perspective on things. 

big_ol_meat

Quote from: Kyle76 on December 21, 2009, 02:14:43 pm

Who really goes farther to support their team?

Quote from: big_ol_meat on December 21, 2009, 02:43:01 pm
Results: (Attendance Record)
2006 - Florida 38, Arkansas 28 (73,374 at Atlanta)
2002 - Georgia 30, Arkansas 3 (74,835 at Atlanta)
SEC Championship results.  You're right.  Arkansas won't travel.

Arkansas to Atlanta is 699 miles.  Arkansas has proven to support their team. You would think with ECU's recent success that traveling to a Post New Year's Day bowl would be no issue drawing more than 8000 people.

hoghelmet14

Amazing.... the lengths some ecu fans will go to to make excuses for poor travel and attendance at games.... Distance means nothing if your a real fan.... Cost means nothing if your a real fan.... I am excited to see the final sales figures....