Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buckle your seatbelts guys/gals

Started by Clint Alan, December 08, 2009, 04:35:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

You are about to see a finish as fast and as hard as you would see at Texas Motor Speedway.
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Kenny Hawgins

when do you expect the fireworks to start?
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

athunt

My prediction is within the next 2 weeks.

Im hoping for a little Hawaiian flavor!
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Table Rocker

Bubba's Bruisers

Are we just speculating today because we are entering the crazy season in recruiting, or do we know something?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 08, 2009, 04:35:47 pm
You are about to see a finish as fast and as hard as you would see at Texas Motor Speedway.

I feel we are on quite a few highly regarded prospects.  And by 'quite a few', I mean more than we have space for.  Any Will Secords this year?

HoggusMaximus

im pretty agnostic about this thread.

CoonHog1971

There are alot of names starting to surface. I hope we finish strong  jsut like last year.

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

HoggusMaximus

What positions are you thinking we are going to get some help at Rub?

Clint Alan

Quote from: hawgndodge on December 08, 2009, 04:49:55 pm
i think the "5 star" the good lord just called up from your family is putting in a good word for us!  hope you and your family are doing well rmh.

He was as big a Hog fan as there was out there, thats for sure. Thanks for your thoughts.......

Clint Alan

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 08, 2009, 04:53:48 pm
What positions are you thinking we are going to get some help at Rub?

I think in the end Max, we look really good on the defensive side of the ball. I also know that there are some "dont turn away" interests right now as well.

We may all be counting on our fingers/toes again this year, to see how we are going to make some of these kids fit.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 08, 2009, 04:58:35 pm
I think in the end Max, we look really good on the defensive side of the ball. I also know that there are some "dont turn away" interests right now as well.

We may all be counting on our fingers/toes again this year, to see how we are going to make some of these kids fit.

I can live with that.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 08, 2009, 04:35:47 pm

Good news, RH, but could you have waited until AFTER I'm done with finals (tomorrow)?  Now I have to try to concentrate on studying!  Geesh!    ;)

Clint Alan

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 08, 2009, 05:01:57 pm
Good news, RH, but could you have waited until AFTER I'm done with finals (tomorrow)?  Now I have to try to concentrate on studying!  Geesh!    ;)

The fact you are on a message board to begin with, explains what you really think of studying for finals.

Also, Monday-Wednesday of NEXT week fella's

HoggusMaximus

December 08, 2009, 05:08:45 pm #15 Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:11:47 pm by HoggusMaximus
Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 08, 2009, 04:58:35 pm

Nice, always good to hear good news on D-Fence now one more question, on a scale of 1-10 how sure are you of this good news.

pigtrino

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 08, 2009, 05:04:46 pm
The fact you are on a message board to begin with, explains what you really think of studying for finals.

Makes it sound like you look for a commit from a weekend visitor.

Clint Alan

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 08, 2009, 05:08:45 pm

Nice, always good to hear good news on D-Fence now one more question, on a scare of 1-10 how sure are you of this good news.

Define scare, as used in your sentence please.

HoggusMaximus

PorkSoda

Quote from: pigtrino on December 08, 2009, 05:09:22 pm

Makes it sound like you look for a commit from a weekend visitor.
no visitors this weekend.  most of the coaches are on the road recruiting
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 08, 2009, 05:04:46 pm

Gotta take a break some time (or go insane).  ;)  Anyway, I guess I better get back at it.  Seriously, thanks for the teaser!

razorback44

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Huds_HawgTide

biddy said on drive time we r having like seven or so this weekend and i think scott from juco, and the three or four from hawaii and brandon denmark and lacraig brown and others
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

jgphillips3

I too believe we are about to make a strong push and some of the highly regarded kids who have agreed to visit will start to commit between now and the middle of January.  I don't have any feel for who it is but, like the big boys, if you go out and recruit a ton of nothing but good ballplayers, when the ink dries what you will have is a solid, salty lineup of quality players in your class. 

This isn't the old days of concentrating on one guy here or there.  Petrino is in on a ton of talented kids and we will sign some of them.  I just hope RMH is right that we start to see some verbals next week so the anticipation doesn't kill me.

Huds_HawgTide

but im liking your spunk for whats 2 come
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Music City Hog

Wish we had more spots!  3-5 isnt many

The_Iceman

any word on if we have some kind of presentation to show the recruits about the future upgrades to facilities?

RazorBassin

Would love to see some commits early next week!  WPS!

3kgthog

I really wish we had a top notch basketball program to entertain these guys with during the last portion of recruiting season. It does help and I think at least some of you would agree.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 08, 2009, 09:15:54 pm
I really wish we had a top notch basketball program to entertain these guys with during the last portion of recruiting season. It does help and I think at least some of you would agree.
Man, you just HAD to mention our basketball team.... What a buzzkill.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

want2be

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 08, 2009, 07:09:14 pm
Wish we had more spots!  3-5 isnt many

There will be more......Petrino knows the numbers will work themselves
out.

trphog

This is going to be fun. Here is one guy that I believe just hit the radar:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Danny-Spond-86338

Doesn't have an offer yet but it looks like there is mutual interest

The Hogfather

Quote from: trphog on December 09, 2009, 09:56:57 am
This is going to be fun. Here is one guy that I believe just hit the radar:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Danny-Spond-86338

Doesn't have an offer yet but it looks like there is mutual interest

What position will he play in college?

Tomhog™

I'm hearing there are several committed to other schools that have marked interest in the Hogs along with some uncommitted ones.  Hopefully it will end well like last recruiting season.

gohogsgo006

Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Erockster20

I guess my question is why are these names secret?  It seems to me we could get the recruiting bandwagon up and going for some of these kids.  Let them know they are wanted here.  IE Ronnie Wingo last year.

Chuck Boarris

Quote from: Erockster20 on December 09, 2009, 11:42:55 am
I guess my question is why are these names secret?  It seems to me we could get the recruiting bandwagon up and going for some of these kids.  Let them know they are wanted here.  IE Ronnie Wingo last year.

Like Tomhog said, they're currently committed to other schools.  Thats probably why they're kept a secret.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 09, 2009, 10:00:35 am
What position will he play in college?
Based purely on measurables I'd have to guess LB or TE.  He's too slow for a DB, RB, or WR, and he's too small for a lineman.  That leaves LB and TE.

Considering our needs, I'd say LB.

His ESPN profile says he's a QB/athlete that projects nicely as a LB in college.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=70429

RazorBassin

RazorBassin

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on December 09, 2009, 11:55:18 am
Based purely on measurables I'd have to guess LB or TE.  He's too slow for a DB, RB, or WR, and he's too small for a lineman.  That leaves LB and TE.

Considering our needs, I'd say LB.

His ESPN profile says he's a QB/athlete that projects nicely as a LB in college.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=70429

I think with a RS year in the weight room he could be a great DE if he kept his speed.  But, he looks good at LB now!

TX HOG

are we talking about any ***** players? 

Talon

We have a basketball program?

improv

Quote from: Talon on December 09, 2009, 05:53:16 pm
We have a basketball program?

I sure hope people can get over their hatred of the bball program enough to show up for the games during these official visits.  No sense in letting the ineptitude of the basketball team hurt the football team.
The more you speak, the less people will listen.

athunt

Quote from: improv on December 09, 2009, 09:01:37 pm
I sure hope people can get over their hatred of the bball program enough to show up for the games during these official visits.  No sense in letting the ineptitude of the basketball team hurt the football team.
its pretty sad this has to even be stated
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

BigErn

Everyone get to the cat fish hole Friday night and lets show these kids how we want them on campus and are completely starved for a championship. :razorback:

tbhogfan

Go Hogs!

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Totally agree. Last year after the OU and Texas game we had a sold out, rocking Bud Walton for the Saturday night MS. State game. I remember that Wingo was there and commented on impressed he was with the environment. We had a bunch of other recruits (DD Jones) that were there that ended up signing with us

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.