Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calipari was right--KY shouldn't have been a 4 seed.

Started by joeyself, March 19, 2016, 06:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intelligence

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 20, 2016, 05:54:25 pm
So Michigan State should have been a 16 seed?
ha, you feasted all season long on the despair of the Razorbacks, now suck on this you lilly wildcat fan.

joeyself

"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Inhogswetrust

March 20, 2016, 08:01:11 pm #52 Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:54:39 am by Inhogswetrust
Normally I would root for any SEC team playing any other conference or in a tournament with one exception. I cannot do that for Kentucky men's basketball.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TomBigBeeHog

Wonder how many players he threw under the bus after they lost?  ;D
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

lefty08

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 20, 2016, 08:04:58 pm
Wonder how many players he threw under the bus after they lost?  ;D

The same number he will force to leave even if they aren't ready, gotta make room for the next 7 studs
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

RacinRazorback

SWEET watching the slimy's get beat. Cal will only win with superior talent, not a good coach, but a good recruiter!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

jkstock04

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 20, 2016, 02:31:16 pm
It's all about perspective, last year MA finished 2nd in the SEC and 2nd in the SEC tournament and won 1 game in the NCAAT and many on here call it a great season and he had rebuilt the program.  Cal finishes tied for 1st in the SEC and won the SEC tournament and loses the 1st game in the NCAAT and it's a massive failure.
Isn't it funny how that works. The bias, head in the sand opinions on here can be glaring.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

lefty08

It's a perspective when looking at where both programs are. It's a valid opinion
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: lefty08 on March 21, 2016, 08:07:02 am
It's a perspective when looking at where both programs are. It's a valid opinion

True, and Cal sets himself and his teams up for that type of sentiment.  He consistently talks about how the conference and conference tournament aren't really that important because at Kentucky all that matters is what you do nationally. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BadHog

Quote from: JIHawg on March 19, 2016, 06:39:20 pm
Wasn't a selling point to Monk that he would be competing for a national championship?

The selling point is that he could play for a year and it is a given that KY will be competing for a NC every year (how close they get is questionable but it's closer than you would be at UA), get primed for the NBA and would not have to attend class.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: BadHog on March 21, 2016, 02:58:02 pm
The selling point is that he could play for a year and it is a given that KY will be competing for a NC every year (how close they get is questionable but it's closer than you would be at UA), get primed for the NBA and would not have to attend class.

Riiiiiiiiiiight..... Like that one year that Archie Goodwin competed for a national championship.  Good times..
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 21, 2016, 03:10:27 pm
Riiiiiiiiiiight..... Like that one year that Archie Goodwin competed for a national championship.  Good times..
4 final fours in 6 years.  Who else has as many?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Karma on March 21, 2016, 09:33:46 pm
4 final fours in 6 years.  Who else has as many?
UCLA had a nice run once upon a time.

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 21, 2016, 09:37:46 pm
UCLA had a nice run once upon a time.
I didn't mean who else has ever done better. I mean who else in the last 6 years.  But to your point, would you have criticized someone in the late 60s/early 70s who went to UCLA?

For the record, I do not believe that Calipari is in the same class as Wooden. Maybe only 2 or 3 coaches are.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 22, 2016, 01:07:16 pm
We'll never know exactly what role Sam Gilbert played in that, but he sure wasn't clean.

I've read stories about how John Wooden wanted to be kept in the dark on such things, a/k/a plausible deniability.  I think it was probably very close to the "relationship" between John Calipari and World Wide Wes.  Had Wooden coached in the 24 hour news cycle age, he may not have been looked upon with such reverence as he still is today.  But the man could coach and he was very strict with his players.  I know that both Alcindor and Walton considered him as much a father figure as a coach.