Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calipari was right--KY shouldn't have been a 4 seed.

Started by joeyself, March 19, 2016, 06:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyself

"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

JIHawg

Wasn't a selling point to Monk that he would be competing for a national championship?

lc480

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Atlhogfan1

UK was cheated.  Only reason SEC teams lose away from home. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

joeyself

Quote from: JIHawg on March 19, 2016, 06:39:20 pm
Wasn't a selling point to Monk that he would be competing for a national championship?

Probably.

But in order to compete for one, you first have to be in the field, no?

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Breems

No, Kentucky has a great business program for aspiring business decision-makers.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

joeyself

Quote from: Breems on March 19, 2016, 06:41:59 pm
No, Kentucky has a great business program for aspiring business decision-makers.

:)

JcS

Jackrabbit Hog

I continue to believe that Calipari does less with the talent he has had than most other coaches.  Top recruiting class after top recruiting class.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

lc480

There want be enough basketball to go around when Monk gets there, he doesn't like to pass it only jack up 3 pointers!!!!!!!!!

joeyself

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 19, 2016, 06:45:07 pm
I continue to believe that Calipari does less with the talent he has had than most other coaches.  Top recruiting class after top recruiting class.

True--although (and I'll sound like a Cal apologist when I say this) teams that play together only one year lack the cohesion of those that stay together for multiples.  Sure, virtually every team loses someone to graduation each year, but there isn't the wholesale swaps that KY has.

JcS

opineonswine

Oliver

joeyself

Quote from: Oliver on March 19, 2016, 06:56:18 pm
Kentucky should fire him

I haven't been there--and am not going--but I wonder if there are threads like that on KY's version of Hogville?

JcS

discombobulationist

Anything sweeter than Kentucky tears? I like Auburn and Texas tears too, but for my money Kentucky tears are the best!
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Oliver on March 19, 2016, 06:56:18 pm
Kentucky should fire him

Or maybe Cleveland should make another run at him after they don't win it all this year?

joeyself

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 19, 2016, 07:01:32 pm
Notre Dame's are in that group too...

True.

But in football, nothing beats Alabama tears.

JcS

grayhawg

Dr. Starcs

The_Bionic_Pig

Monk will only have to compete with a backup for minutes Hawkins because 85 -90% of their scoring punch is either going to play for $$$ or graduating. 

Unfortunately for Kentucky  that also means starting all over again.

Their will be no Championship run next season either.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Farmer Hogget

I usually pull for our SEC brothers except of Auburn football and UK basketball.

Cal only won a single game in the NCAA tourney .. .he should be fired!

joeyself

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 19, 2016, 07:45:07 pm
I usually pull for our SEC brothers except of Auburn football and UK basketball.

Cal only won a single game in the NCAA tourney .. .he should be fired!

If it weren't for the financial angle of it, I'd just as soon all SEC schools lost in the first round. Success by our rivals can't be good for us.

And then I remember, it's not my money, so I lose that angle of it as well. 

JcS

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: joeyself on March 19, 2016, 07:47:26 pm
If it weren't for the financial angle of it, I'd just as soon all SEC schools lost in the first round. Success by our rivals can't be good for us.

And then I remember, it's not my money, so I lose that angle of it as well. 

JcS

SEC basketball needs to get stronger.  Doesn't help our brand to play in such a weak power conference. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: grayhawg on March 19, 2016, 07:14:09 pm
Wonder how Ashley Judd is taking this?  LOL
Her emotional support dog will be logging some overtime tonight.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on March 19, 2016, 07:50:03 pm
Her emotional support dog will be logging some overtime tonight.
Easy there. Bish might sue you for slander. :)

latrops

Exactly why you shouldn't complain about seeding if you are a legitimate contender.  There is no easy path to the Final Four.  Gotta beat some good teams along the way regardless of seeding.  Kentucky just wasn't good enough this year.

WorfHog

Kentucky isn't that good this year, and they wiped the floor with us in BWA. IF the Hogs can't win then at least Texass and Kentucky lost. 

code red

Quote from: joeyself on March 19, 2016, 06:32:35 pm
They should have been a 5, under Indiana! :)
At least, he has the leverage to discuss???
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 19, 2016, 08:40:29 pm
Sometimes, Karma gets her just due.
KARMA is currently kicking our butts.  Maybe most here will admit that the SEC stinks.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

moses_007

A&M just might make it to the Final Four.  I'm more than glad to see Kentucky gone.  They've been there more than enough in the past 5-6 years.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 19, 2016, 06:45:07 pm

southeasthog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 19, 2016, 07:48:51 pm
SEC basketball needs to get stronger.  Doesn't help our brand to play in such a weak power conference. 
Normally I would agree with this but as long as we are mediocre, that is not going to matter. If we are in a weak power conference then we shouldn't lose to the bottom teams at home. Gotta fix our "brand" and then worry about the conference.

opineonswine

Quote from: southeasthog on March 20, 2016, 06:58:41 am
Normally I would agree with this but as long as we are mediocre, that is not going to matter. If we are in a weak power conference then we shouldn't lose to the bottom teams at home. Gotta fix our "brand" and then worry about the conference.

Illinihog

MountieDawg

Cal should be fired for having an awful showing this year and in this awful NCAAT year he won as many NCAAT games in 5 years.  What should happen to MA... extend his contract???
SEC!

Calipari is my least favorite coach, but he is 26-4 in the NCAA tournament at UK. Hard to argue with that.

rljjr

Ah yes, Kentucky ... the Arizona of the Southeast.

MountieDawg

It's all about perspective, last year MA finished 2nd in the SEC and 2nd in the SEC tournament and won 1 game in the NCAAT and many on here call it a great season and he had rebuilt the program.  Cal finishes tied for 1st in the SEC and won the SEC tournament and loses the 1st game in the NCAAT and it's a massive failure.
SEC!

WooPig90

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 20, 2016, 09:15:45 am
Cal should be fired for having an awful showing this year and in this awful NCAAT year he won as many NCAAT games in 5 years.  What should happen to MA... extend his contract???

Of course someone would bring in MA to this thread which has nothing to do with the Hogs..

Pulled(PP)pork

was not or was it?

PP

The_Bionic_Pig

Your a big John Pelphrey supporter so your judgement in coaches just dismissed your own post

Quote from: Illinihog on February 03, 2011, 01:16:13 pm
Did any of you not watch the rest of the game?  I thought Pel made proper adjustments throughout the game.  At one time we were 10-18 at the FT line, and we missed some easy shots.  He put the guys in a position to make plays tonight and some didn't.  Georgia isn't the worst team in the EAST.  I thought coming in they would win that division or be 2nd behind Kentucky.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

joeyself

Quote from: rljjr on March 20, 2016, 11:47:37 am
Ah yes, Kentucky ... the Arizona of the Southeast.

What would that make us--Washington State? I'm not that familiar with the Pac-12 teams.

JcS

Atlhogfan1

Cal is right.  UK shouldn't have been a 4/15th overall seed.  About 4-5 places too low.  Guessing conference rep hurt them. 

joeyself

March 20, 2016, 04:31:51 pm #44 Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:50:47 pm by joeyself
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 20, 2016, 04:25:43 pm
Cal is right.  UK shouldn't have been a 4/15th overall seed.  About 4-5 places too low.  Guessing conference rep hurt them. 

The place to prove the committee was wrong was on the floor.  They didn't back up his mouth.

JcS

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: joeyself on March 20, 2016, 04:31:51 pm
The place to prove the committee was wrong was on the floor.  They didn't back up his mouth.

JcCS

Not really.  Seeding and matchups go a long way to having success and advancing in the tourney.  That easily could have/should have been a matchup in the next round.  The committee does things like this though and this one seems to have made an effort to do so.  Renewed this rivalry.  Tried with Texas vs A&M.  Tried a Big 5 matchup with Nova-Temple. 

joeyself

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 20, 2016, 04:36:28 pm
Not really.  Seeding and matchups go a long way to having success and advancing in the tourney.  That easily could have/should have been a matchup in the next round.  The committee does things like this though and this one seems to have made an effort to do so.  Renewed this rivalry.  Tried with Texas vs A&M.  Tried a Big 5 matchup with Nova-Temple. 

No question there was some of the rival pairings in mind, but the fact remains, Cal claimed his team should have been higher seeded because of (a) how good they were and (b) they just beat A&M.  I thought he had a bit of a point on the latter, but on the former, if you can't win two games against lower seeded teams--be it a 13 and then a 5 or a 14 and then 6--you weren't jobbed by the committee.  They saw something about KY that caused them not to put them in the top 12, and were proved right.

JcS

rljjr

Quote from: joeyself on March 20, 2016, 04:20:19 pm
What would that make us--Washington State? I'm not that familiar with the Pac-12 teams.

JcS

Don't make me think about US, man!!! This is a dog UK thread. :-)

HOGINTENNESSEE

MountieDawg

Quote from: joeyself on March 20, 2016, 04:55:12 pm
No question there was some of the rival pairings in mind, but the fact remains, Cal claimed his team should have been higher seeded because of (a) how good they were and (b) they just beat A&M.  I thought he had a bit of a point on the latter, but on the former, if you can't win two games against lower seeded teams--be it a 13 and then a 5 or a 14 and then 6--you weren't jobbed by the committee.  They saw something about KY that caused them not to put them in the top 12, and were proved right.

JcS

So Michigan State should have been a 16 seed?
SEC!