Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot vs Bentonville

Started by LRrazorback, March 11, 2016, 09:40:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Jim "Bad News" Barnes, born in Tuckerman, but played high school in Ok, I think. #1 draft choice.

WilsonHog

Anyone remember James Crockett?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 13, 2016, 12:28:35 pm

Oh yes - made my single favorite dunk in the history of the Hogs.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bvillepig on March 12, 2016, 08:45:40 pm
No doubt Monk is very good. However he has been hyped with You Tube videos since the 8 th grade.

I just don't think all things in he is better he is better than Moncrief or Corliss. 

When Monk shows the ability to carry his team and dominate a sure NBA player one on one, the way Corliss did in an NCAAT game against North Carolina, then maybe we can talk about how great he is.

Corliss never wilted in a state tournament game.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 13, 2016, 12:28:35 pm

Yep. I had some friends that were his Hog teammates.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tophawg19

Even Jonathan Modica , did as much as Monk has
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

MountieDawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 13, 2016, 12:55:26 am
No weaknesses? The guy shoots a knuckleball half the time. With his size that should never happen.

Also, Joe Johnson was better than Malik Monk, IMO. I wouldn't even put Monk in the greatest Arkansas high schooler of the last 25 years much less ever. Johnson and Anderson were better. In terms of all time, Williamson was extremely good to have been the Gatorade player of the year prior to Youtube and Keith Lee was far more dominant as a high schooler than was Monk and Lee didn't go to Arkansas either.

Keith Lee did have 4 other D1 players on his team and 1 of those had a long NBA career. Malik was forced to be a 1 man show at Bentonville with double and triple teams. Maybe why he chose UK to have good players around him.
SEC!

root_hawg

Monk is #5 player in the country and #1 at his position; only Corliss can touch that.

1highhog

I got in on this thread late on congratulating Cabots win over Bentonville because I've been in the hospital but what a great win by Cabot for their first Title.  I love the fact Monk is leaving Arkansas without a Championship, I hope the same for him while at Kentucky.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: 1highhog on March 15, 2016, 11:24:38 pm
I got in on this thread late on congratulating Cabots win over Bentonville because I've been in the hospital but what a great win by Cabot for their first Title.  I love the fact Monk is leaving Arkansas without a Championship, I hope the same for him while at Kentucky.

Maybe he can even be like Archie Goodwin and never even play in a NCAA tournament game.

songofthesword

as good as he is, he's never won a state championship. that's pathetic.

JayBell

All of the lulz at the denial in this thread.

Quote from: IronMountainHog on March 12, 2016, 06:29:22 pmHis high school career is over. That list is best high school players. He is not in my top 10.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi