Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proof That Hard Work Pays Off

Started by Memhogs, February 10, 2018, 06:45:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Memhogs

Hats off to the new staff this year. I have never heard so much publicity on how hard a coaching staff has worked on recruiting.. and I must say, for Morris's situation (coming in after the season on a bad year and losing most of his previously committed players) he has put together a mighty fine class. Will be great to see how our recruiting goes after a season with a few more W's alongside an exciting offense and hopefully a better defense! Im predicting better for the future!
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

Effort, very difficult to go forward without effort.  Real, effort, every day.  Planned tunnel vision effort.  Without effort, nothing, no matter the talk.

liljo

Quote from: 12247 on February 10, 2018, 01:43:58 pm
Effort, very difficult to go forward without effort.  Real, effort, every day.  Planned tunnel vision effort.  Without effort, nothing, no matter the talk.

Yes sir, I believe this. It would take a very special group of coaches to take a bunch of young men who've been beaten down, berated, insulted, and lead them to truly believe things can be different.

It would take a very special staff of very creative coaches to come up with schemes that maximize the abilities and disguise the liabilities of this bunch of under-rated players.

It would be almost unbelievable for most critics to envision what could happen with a staff and team like the one I describe. A team that might even pull off a major upset now and then, even before the natural talent level was improved.

Special things can happen, and a football team that truly buys into the vision of its coaches may just find out they are capable of standing up to the Big Bad Bully on any given Saturday.

Watch. These Hogs are going to grow teeth. Don't believe it? Fine, but shut up about it. This team needs encouragement, and tons of it. It needs to know We The Fans have their back. That we are rooting for every one of them. That we aren't going to kill them on social media for making mistakes. That as long as they give their best, we wouldn't trade them for anybody else's players.

Root for the Razorbacks that are up there working NOW. 
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Hoggish1

Will be really interested to see how they do with a full year to recruit.  I have no interest in stars, per se.  These guys will recruit hard nosed players; ones needed to build on.

RockyMtnHog

I would not want to tangle with the Razorbacks in a year or so.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

liljo

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on February 10, 2018, 10:09:37 pm
I would not want to tangle with the Razorbacks in a year or so.

+1

Mean lookin' Hog right there! WPS!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

razCzar

Nice thread/OP, Memhogs!
A couple very fine posts there 12247 and liljo!
Not to mention a very badass Hog, RockyMtnHog (which you may see as my avatar one day, unless you get it first!)

This brief thread packs a lot of punch.

redeye

Speaking of hard work, Richard mentioned that we already have over 120 offers out for the 2019 class.  I checked 247Sports and they show 129 offers.  Then I checked how many CBB averaged in a year, and it was 209.6.  So Morris has already handed out over 60% of the number CBB would hand out in a given year and it's only been 1 week since the 2018 NSD.

liljo

Quote from: razCzar on February 10, 2018, 10:53:08 pm
Nice thread/OP, Memhogs!
A couple very fine posts there 12247 and liljo!
Not to mention a very badass Hog, RockyMtnHog (which you may see as my avatar one day, unless you get it first!)

This brief thread packs a lot of punch.

Thanks RazCzar! Great avatar!

liljo

Quote from: redeye on February 10, 2018, 11:02:00 pm
Speaking of hard work, Richard mentioned that we already have over 120 offers out for the 2019 class.  I checked 247Sports and they show 129 offers.  Then I checked how many CBB averaged in a year, and it was 209.6.  So Morris has already handed out over 60% of the number CBB would hand out in a given year and it's only been 1 week since the 2018 NSD.

Good stuff!

I love the work ethic, ability to evaluate, and passion of this staff. And I think their player development is going to shock a lot of people. 

redeye

Quote from: liljo on February 10, 2018, 11:11:41 pm
Good stuff!

I love the work ethic, ability to evaluate, and passion of this staff. And I think their player development is going to shock a lot of people.

I'm not sure how much that was worth, but my main point is that CBB didn't hand out many offers and I think Morris will offer more.

presidenthog

Quote from: redeye on February 10, 2018, 11:02:00 pm

Arkansas under Bret handed out the lowest amount of offers than any other sec school, or was neck and neck with the bottom 3. Drove me nuts.

rude1

Quote from: presidenthog on February 11, 2018, 01:37:10 am
Arkansas under Bret handed out the lowest amount of offers than any other sec school, or was neck and neck with the bottom 3. Drove me nuts.
When your recruiting the #Uncommon, the amount of players you will look at is lessened.