Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Someone here should apply to be our next head coach. I mean

Started by MtPorker, October 24, 2016, 02:40:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MtPorker

it is obvious many posters here have all the answers.  Know more than all of our current coaching staff, combined.  Someone step up as our new AD, then hire the correct posters.  Then we can all sit back and bask in the glory of championship after championship.  How great it will be to never lose a game.  Start applying now and we will all ride that hog train to the land of glory.  I think we can also hire the right basketball coach here too.  Why are we ever losing a game?  Reality is a harsh mistress.  It doesn't mean we should settle, but we need to understand how it all works.  Coaches will never beat down the door to coach at Arkansas, especially when their are so many openings at major institutions.  Win, lose, or draw, the sun will come up tomorrow with more important issues than winning a game.  Go Hogs

Sed76

People are just frustrated, happens a little more when your 3 SEC losses have all been blowouts on the scoreboard. Before the season we were treated to TV specials called "Why Not Us" and talk about how the defense would be the strength of the team. In year 4 when the problems are so obvious that Stevie Wonder could see them of course people are going to voice complaints.

The Boar War

I read a post like this and it ends "Go Hogs".  And I think 'Where are they going?'.  It's a reasonable response to question where the program is headed after beating a couple of ranked teams only to be blown out by a lower ranked, middle of the road team.

Yes we all understand that the sun will come out tomorrow.  If I didn't think it would I wouldn't be concerned with such a disappointing loss and it's implications for tomorrow.

redleg

Arkansas should fire Bielema, and hire one of the "expert" Hogville talking heads that seem to know everything.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

S.A.D.C

Quote from: redleg on October 24, 2016, 03:11:11 pm
Arkansas should fire Bielema, and hire one of the "expert" Hogville talking heads that seem to know everything.

But everyone knows Jeff Long would hire the wrong one! 

redleg

Quote from: S.A.D.C on October 24, 2016, 03:11:49 pm
But everyone knows Jeff Long would hire the wrong one!
That's an easy fix. Just fire Long too, and hire another Hogville taking head to hire the other Hogville talking head.

redleg

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

tolerati

Ah if only all our problems were that simple....
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

SemperHawg

In all seriousness, I think I could have coached out team to a 56-3 loss last week.

razorsharptusk

Seriously.  This post is so expected.  Let fans express themselves on a message board and be frustrated about the total embarrassment that took the field in Auburn on Saturday night and we are exposed to a post that challenges us to be head coaches. Give me a break.  Coach B. is paid the big dollars to this very thing...Coach. Fans are going to be fans and am I'm just as much of one as you are. 

You don't hang 30 on Alabama just to turn around get the ball ran down your throat by Auburn and be happy about it.  Wait...isn't that what we are supposed to do, run the football?   Fans have a huge role in who leads these Hogs. Let the fans quit buying tickets and merchandise and see how long the head coach stays around.  This is a business.  Put a winning product on the field, or next man up.
GO HOGS!!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: MtPorker on October 24, 2016, 02:40:22 pm
it is obvious many posters here have all the answers.  Know more than all of our current coaching staff, combined.  Someone step up as our new AD, then hire the correct posters.  Then we can all sit back and bask in the glory of championship after championship.  How great it will be to never lose a game.  Start applying now and we will all ride that hog train to the land of glory.  I think we can also hire the right basketball coach here too.  Why are we ever losing a game?  Reality is a harsh mistress.  It doesn't mean we should settle, but we need to understand how it all works.  Coaches will never beat down the door to coach at Arkansas, especially when their are so many openings at major institutions.  Win, lose, or draw, the sun will come up tomorrow with more important issues than winning a game.  Go Hogs

Look at BB's conference win/loss record.  Fans deserve better after 4 years.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: razorsharptusk on October 24, 2016, 03:31:14 pm
Seriously.  This post is so expected.  Let fans express themselves on a message board and be frustrated about the total embarrassment that took the field in Auburn on Saturday night and we are exposed to a post that challenges us to be head coaches. Give me a break.  Coach B. is paid the big dollars to this very thing...Coach. Fans are going to be fans and am I'm just as much of one as you are. 

You don't hang 30 on Alabama just to turn around get the ball ran down your throat by Auburn and be happy about it.  Wait...isn't that what we are supposed to do, run the football?   Fans have a huge role in who leads these Hogs. Let the fans quit buying tickets and merchandise and see how long the head coach stays around.  This is a business.  Put a winning product on the field, or next man up.

Exactly......Great post

007 License To Squeal

Here we go again.....what a crap post!

jkstock04

For 4 million bucks? I'd give it a shot in a heartbeat. Set it up for me and I'll take it on.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2016, 03:38:04 pm
For 4 million bucks? I'd give it a shot in a heartbeat. Set it up for me and I'll take it on.

I would like to apply to be your DC, please.

Youngsta71701

IKR...I wouldn't mind being the DC. ;)
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

greenEGnHAWGS

I do especially love all of these responses to a guys simple sarcastic remarks to make a point about our CBB hater crowd.

Let me ask you...I assume you work...and I assume that their are people under you...then their are guys who are under them...and guys under them...so on and so forth which leads to the corresponding position of our fans and CBB/staff. People who don't know jack crap about the unbelievably complex coordinating that goes into making a top team in the SECW. Recruiting. Coaching. Training. Grades. All to be monitored by a million annoying "experts" who are calling for your head and saying "I'd love a crack at it".

I know. I know. "The fans are the program." "For 4 Million, the results should be better." Fine. whatever. The man is coaching in Arkansas for Pete's sakes and competing in the top region in the top conference in the nation. Let the man coach and take his lumps. Yes, the Auburn game was embarrassing, but guess what guys, Art Briles isn't gonna be the Savior for the Hogs. You've got to have a strong infrastructure of high-school talent and that's not what we have.

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

casken

We may never get to the 10 win every season plateau. It may be once or twice a decade. Saban couldn't approach a national championship at Sparty, The Ole Ball Coach had some well earned success at USCe but no natty, it wasn't Florida. There are some perimeters that Arkansas works within, which includes a pedestrian high school football pool, that the other SEC teams do not contend with.

Understanding what is and then working hard to overcome the obstacles is not accepting mediocrity, it is understanding reality. Many talk themselves into a 2 or 3 loss season in their own mind...then place that expectation in the real world. Sadly, it doesn't work that way. I figured a 4 or 5 loss season during a year we knew the O line would struggle. Also, despite making up a little ground we are still lean at LB.What often seems lost is there is talent beyond what we have in most teams we play. The coaches are trying to break that advantage but have had spotty success as of yet recruiting talent rich states. Arkansas high school has limited pickings to choose from.

While I was quite disappointed with the Auburn game I am not sure a realistic answer exists outside of the one we have. A solid coach, not a miracle worker. Going forward it does appear a solid program (not Bama but solid) in the midst of the gauntlet seems most likely to emerge from stability and supporting the efforts, which require far more than typing on a keyboard and wishing.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

The Boar War

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 24, 2016, 04:00:43 pm
I do especially love all of these responses to a guys simple sarcastic remarks to make a point about our CBB hater crowd.

Let me ask you...I assume you work...and I assume that their are people under you...then their are guys who are under them...and guys under them...so on and so forth which leads to the corresponding position of our fans and CBB/staff. People who don't know jack crap about the unbelievably complex coordinating that goes into making a top team in the SECW. Recruiting. Coaching. Training. Grades. All to be monitored by a million annoying "experts" who are calling for your head and saying "I'd love a crack at it".

Interesting analogy.  I'll add to it by asking the question:  "What does a 50+ point blow out/ negative record setting performance look like in your career?  Do you survive it?"

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 24, 2016, 04:00:43 pm

I know. I know. "The fans are the program." "For 4 Million, the results should be better." Fine. whatever. The man is coaching in Arkansas for Pete's sakes and competing in the top region in the top conference in the nation. Let the man coach and take his lumps. Yes, the Auburn game was embarrassing, but guess what guys, Art Briles isn't gonna be the Savior for the Hogs. You've got to have a strong infrastructure of high-school talent and that's not what we have.

Sooooo replying to sarcasm with sarcasm is unacceptable?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 24, 2016, 03:31:30 pm
Look at BB's conference win/loss record.  Fans deserve better after 4 years.

Why so deserving over any other SEC fan base?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

I would but I`ve been enjoying "winning" football by another Arkansas college football team so I`ve been busy.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on October 24, 2016, 06:27:47 pm
I would but I`ve been enjoying "winning" football by another Arkansas college football team so I`ve been busy.

And yet here you are. Still finding this joint enjoyable or just talking more smack?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RME

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on October 24, 2016, 06:31:29 pm
And yet here you are. Still finding this joint enjoyable or just talking more smack?

I think he just wants to run around and give us all high-fives.

LZH

That is the type of argument that some resort to when they have nothing else left to say. Give me a [CENSORED] break. If we were all Hot Shot coaches, we damn sure wouldn't be wasting our time on here.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 24, 2016, 06:33:30 pm
I think he just wants to run around and give us all high-fives.

I think he imagines himself having some sort of influence while wielding a Daisy Red Ryder.

farmhawg

Quote from: LZH on October 24, 2016, 06:36:52 pm
That is the type of argument that some resort to when they have nothing else left to say. Give me a [CENSORED] break. If we were all Hot Shot coaches, we damn sure wouldn't be wasting our time on here.

Give me half the pay and I can wear flip flops and listen to reggae with anyone.....
From theflyinghog

LZH

Quote from: farmhawg on October 24, 2016, 06:44:07 pm
Give me half the pay and I can wear flip flops and listen to reggae with anyone.....

There we go....^^^^

Truth is, any one of us that knows a fart in the wind about football could have relied on his coordinators Saturday night and would not have been any more embarrassed. Soak that up for a second.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: LZH on October 24, 2016, 06:36:52 pm

I've been repeatedly making the point the decision making folks won't be found on this board either. Time is being wasted...BIG time.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: The Boar War on October 24, 2016, 06:10:40 pm
Interesting analogy.  I'll add to it by asking the question:  "What does a 50+ point blow out/ negative record setting performance look like in your career?  Do you survive it?"

So you're going to take a snapshot of one game and make a decision based on it? If I put a manager in charge of a dumpster for and told him, make it better...and every year he progresses. Even if he has a moment where he just bombs it and loses is money, I still don't make a knee jerk reaction. I look at what he's done and how we are tending in an uber-competitive market. If enough time passes and he continuously bombs out and losses me money, I would absolutely have to rethink his employment.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: LZH on October 24, 2016, 06:50:07 pm
There we go....^^^^

Truth is, any one of us that knows a fart in the wind about football could have relied on his coordinators Saturday night and would not have been any more embarrassed. Soak that up for a second.

So...you "far in the wind" guys would've produced better results in the Ole Miss game? TCU? Heck...even Bama? Think about what you say before you post please. You can't take a snap shot of our worst game of the season and be taken seriously when saying "we aaaallllllll coulda done that...let that sink in".

LZH

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 24, 2016, 07:00:53 pm
So...you "far in the wind" guys would've produced better results in the Ole Miss game? TCU? Heck...even Bama? Think about what you say before you post please. You can't take a snap shot of our worst game of the season and be taken seriously when saying "we aaaallllllll coulda done that...let that sink in".

Did I say any of that?... none of those teams beat us by 53 points, nor did we lay down for any of those teams. And yes, I can take a snapshot of our worst game of the season - our entire season depends on it.

According to you it took some serious coaching to lose 56-3. Really?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: LZH on October 24, 2016, 07:07:45 pm
Did I say any of that?... none of those teams beat us by 53 points, nor did we lay down for any of those teams. And yes, I can take a snapshot of our worst game of the season - our entire season depends on it.

According to you it took some serious coaching to lose 56-3. Really?

Wow...where do I begin?

Ummm...I asked you a question, so...I'm not sure why you insinuate that I was trying to embellish on anything you said. I asked a simple question to see if you think you woulda done any better as a coach in THOSE games...cuz OBVIOUSLY thats an important comparison (us coaching for different results)
Did I say that it took some "serious coaching to lose 56-3"...? Talk about putting words in others mouths...

Lastly...Sooooooo...I guess Toledo defined our season last season...? Right! Nope. Winning 6 of our last 7 games defined it. You snapshot fans are killing me.

gangstaback

OK, I accept the challenge and I have a 10 point plan.

Of course ... I would be getting paid $4 MILLION dollars to start with because you are comparing me to Bielema:

1. 90% of this money is spent on hiring a couple of competent assistant coaches ... I can hire half of the head coaches in the FBS so ... obviously I pick a couple of mid major winners who can recruit.

2. 10% I would invest in a Think Tank Marketing Machine. I need my image... this fan base gets kinda franked up from time to time. Hot girlfriend, Christian values, and some talk of stadium expansions in the dystopian post War Memorial world.

Keep all the other coaches ... or ... hire equivalents because I can and they're a "bunch of quitters" or something we can spin. 

4. Schedule Kansas ... because we got lucky Michigan cancelled ... still get that major conference win.  ;)

5. Go 8-4 minimum. Everyone under me is gunning to be the next Coach because they realize my incompetence. Basically a Good to Great scenario and we overachieve at all levels.

6. Those 4 loses I blame on the following:
a. Assistant head coach 1.
b. Assistant head coach 2.
c. Those Refs.
d. That brutal SEC Schedule  ???.

7. We go bowling, first season, and I get the obligatory program building contract extension and raise ... because it shows stability and stuff. I pocket the raise $$$$.

Student athletes love me because I'm buying drinks at the bowl game pre party ... Frio and Fire bombs for all... go 8-5 ... but we still won the after party.

9. Some of my coaches Rage quit  >:(, because I am clearly incompetent, but my Think Tank Marketing Machine is kicking ass so I'm not going anywhere. Most of them stay, though, because they realize I'm unstoppable.

10. Schedule a bunch of overrated teams out of conference ... open to Notre Dame in Austin, TX  ::hornsdown:: ... homecoming with SMU ... Maryland and BYU (basically... whoever Wisconsin schedules every year). Go 10-2 riding the coat tails of my amazing coaching staff. Make it to a BCS bowl.

Golden era of Razorback Football  :razorback:

rude1

Sounds like a plan, as long as we have our apologist to run interference for us around here with the excuses after we get our asses handed to us.

LZH

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 24, 2016, 07:18:48 pm
Wow...where do I begin?

Ummm...I asked you a question, so...I'm not sure why you insinuate that I was trying to embellish on anything you said. I asked a simple question to see if you think you woulda done any better as a coach in THOSE games...cuz OBVIOUSLY thats an important comparison (us coaching for different results)
Did I say that it took some "serious coaching to lose 56-3"...? Talk about putting words in others mouths...

Lastly...Sooooooo...I guess Toledo defined our season last season...? Right! Nope. Winning 6 of our last 7 games defined it. You snapshot fans are killing me.

You win...I'm tired. Celebrate with me though....Thank God we had Bielema because he is the only coach that would have kept Auburn from beating us by more than 53 points.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: LZH on October 24, 2016, 07:39:18 pm
You win...I'm tired. Celebrate with me though....Thank God we had Bielema because he is the only coach that would have kept Auburn from beating us by more than 53 points.

Sounds good. Just let me take 1 picture of the guy puking in the bathroom to let everyone know how the entire party went.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: razorsharptusk on October 24, 2016, 03:31:14 pm

You seem to want everyone to let you bitc# but you can't stand it if someone holds you accountable. If you can complain about the loss, others have just as much right to make fun of you for it. Grow up and take criticism as well as you give it.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

razorsharptusk

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 24, 2016, 09:30:34 pm
You seem to want everyone to let you bitc# but you can't stand it if someone holds you accountable. If you can complain about the loss, others have just as much right to make fun of you for it. Grow up and take criticism as well as you give it.

What are you talking about? I've seen no criticism of my post. MtPorker has a right to post and I have a right to respond.  Did you read the thread at all?  And I can promise you, many of my post have been criticized on this forum.  You have just as much right to dislike what I say as you do to like what I say. I doubt very seriously it's going to bother me much either way.  C'mon man!
GO HOGS!!

Athog

Good post!! Surely the amount of coaching talent on here is very high!