Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perspective and Placement

Started by onebadrubi, October 24, 2016, 11:36:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Lets put this season into perspective, at the beginning of the year we didn't know what A. Allen could do, we had a scary RB situation, knew the wr would be good along with Sprinkle, and had absolutely no idea about the O line.  We thought this D would have to hold it's head on experience with some senior laden players in the back 7 and depth in the D line that we haven't had in a few years but still lacking the star power or real talent.  We weren't going to be beating Bama odds tells us, we didn't realize the O line was going to get Allen killed against A&M and I personally had no idea Auburn had been hoarding D lineman as good or better than the previously two mentioned schools.

No fast forward to 2/3rd's of the season gone and we are still for the most part healthy.  We are down for sure 1 player in Greenlaw who had some speed on defense but still young. 

Now on too placement, we are battling for the 4th-6th spot in the sec with I guess an outside chance at 3rd in the SEC.  How many of you at the beginning of the year would have loved to be told we have an outside chance at 3rd in the SEC and are solidy in the 4th or 5th spot baring a collapse? 

With the errors that we admit to knowing that is tolerable so long as we continue to improve in all facets of the football program.  By errors, I am referring to the pittman lack luster O line recruitment and not getting us numbers and bodies 2-3 years ago.  We are about to see the same errors on the DL side I believe next year as well. 

Firing Bielema is just to irrational at this point, no matter how angry you are.  There will most likely be at least one assistant coach spot open after this season but possibly 2 just given how it usually plays out. Bielema has done a great job in coaching hires a majority of the time, probably only one thus far that was a true down grade and that was DL,  but that coach was destin to work his way up the coaching ranks after he left here.  If you fire Bielema now you only add another 4 year window to someone else having to work their tail off in the most difficult division of football and rolling the dice to having a Vandy type situation (which I wouldn't mind seeing as our next DC by the way). 

Bielema and the Hogs by position:

QB: Good and on the way up with Kelly, the way up
RB: As good as the razorbacks have been since Dmac and Jones
TE: we have capable bodies and a stud currently starting
Oline: BIelema's job depends on the getting this group back to better than average in the next year and a half
WR: We are losing a lot of bodies after this year but we are ok there.  I think Pettway and crew sittign in the waiting are good. 

DLINe: just copy and paste what i said about Oline.  We aren't competing for an SEC Title until then.
LB: Some young guys with speed in the waiting
SEconday: We are all shocked by Pulley and his flash this year, hopefully that continues to get better.  This ist he first year we have seen us play DB's at the line of scrimmage and I am glad to see it!  We must improve our Safetly play though and we have that being done in recruiting this year. 

All of that being said, when you factor in perspective and placement we are at currently, most are coming here to vent and bitch.  But do it while being realistic