Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema Show

Started by Sho Nuff, October 24, 2016, 11:26:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho Nuff

I missed the show.  Did he say anything different than usual?  How many times did he say "obviously?"

Sed76

From what I saw he just stood there with a sour look on his face while Chuckles recapped the beating. Gave short one word answers while never really addressing the problems.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Sed76 on October 24, 2016, 11:39:12 am
From what I saw he just stood there with a sour look on his face while Chuckles recapped the beating. Gave short one word answers while never really addressing the problems.
I'm ready for his standard media obligations because I want to hear that we have a plan.  Everything I have heard about our D or OL issues sounds like that there is very little reality about the situation.  56-3 pretty much forces you to take a long hard look at who and what you are.  I'm rooting for him to get involved and force some changes.  If that involves taking the playcalling from Smith then so be it.  Continuing to do the same stuff over and over just can't occur.  I just want to hear that there is a direction that we plan to go. 

Sed76

Was hoping he would take a couple of minutes to apologize, say it was unacceptable and we would be seeing some changes. Instead he came off as a sullen teenager who got the keys to the car taken away for the weekend.   

onebadrubi

That's always been his MO on the show.  Much different than BP use to do by going over plays in depth.

MountieDawg

We had a few hundred CORRECTABLE ERRORS!!!
SEC!

razoredge178

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 24, 2016, 11:48:09 am
That's always been his MO on the show.  Much different than BP use to do by going over plays in depth.

Is it fair to say the format of the program itself is brutal?? I'd walk off if I were BB..

farmhawg

Quote from: AugustaHog on October 24, 2016, 11:44:20 am
I'm ready for his standard media obligations because I want to hear that we have a plan.  Everything I have heard about our D or OL issues sounds like that there is very little reality about the situation.  56-3 pretty much forces you to take a long hard look at who and what you are.  I'm rooting for him to get involved and force some changes.  If that involves taking the playcalling from Smith then so be it.  Continuing to do the same stuff over and over just can't occur.  I just want to hear that there is a direction that we plan to go. 
He is involved, that's the problem on both sides of the ball. He needs to let his coordinators do it their way and then hold them accountable.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: razoredge178 on October 24, 2016, 12:20:41 pm
Is it fair to say the format of the program itself is brutal?? I'd walk off if I were BB..

No insider info, but i believe the format is the way it is because of Bielema.  Petrino's use to do his on sundays, not when Bielema gets on the plane to come on on saturdays he is already done with it. 

Redhogs

Quote from: razoredge178 on October 24, 2016, 12:20:41 pm
Of course it's brutal when you are getting smoked 56-3 on the field by a middle of the pack SEC team, by a team whose coach was on the hot seat 2 weeks ago. Sure walking off and pretending it did not happen with no explanation would be the way to handle it..yea..OK.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ricepig

Bye week, so there aren't any of the normal media obligations this week, never is. I'm not sure on the Wed weekly SEC phone call blitz.

AugustaHog

It's gonna be a long, quiet week then.

razoredge178

Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2016, 12:34:30 pm
Of course it's brutal when you are getting smoked 56-3 on the field by a middle of the pack SEC team, by a team whose coach was on the hot seat 2 weeks ago. Sure walking off and pretending it did not happen with no explanation would be the way to handle it..yea..OK.

Lighten up Francis. If you notice I was speaking to of the format of the program, not this particular weekends show.

OLDHOG

There wasn't too many highlights to go over, that's for sure.

BassinHawg

I think he realizes the Honeymoon is over and that he is in over his head!

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

DeltaBoy

I record it and watch it Tuesday after work.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

farfromgroovins

The show is only 1 hour, not enough time to address half the problems.

I watched part of it and that was the same feel I got from it. He had a look about him that he had just lost...........56-3!

Regardless, still fighting!
WPS!!!!

kaki

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 24, 2016, 11:26:54 am
I missed the show.  Did he say anything different than usual?  How many times did he say "obviously?"
You really interested or just taking a shot?

HognitiveDissonance

I haven't watched it since 2013, CBB's first year.
It's a terrible show. Just a bunch of canned features, and no in-depth analysis and coverage of the game.
Of course you won't have that, because they tape the show right after the game is over. Which is crazy.
They're obviously just trying to throw something together just to say they did a coach's show.
Do it right and do it the next day. If you're going to do something at all, do it right.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2016, 12:34:30 pm
....getting smoked by a middle of the pack SEC team...
A "middle of the pack SEC team"? Somebody's smoking alright.

Wild Bill Hog

In other words, his complete confusion was obvious.

jackflash

I wouldn't want to be part of his defensive staff this weekend. BB not happy and their going to answer for it. If we don't see improvement their will be changes you can bet on that

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: jackflash on October 25, 2016, 10:25:45 am
I wouldn't want to be part of his defensive staff this weekend. BB not happy and their going to answer for it. If we don't see improvement their will be changes you can bet on that

What about his offensive staff?

The Kig

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on October 24, 2016, 11:51:01 pm

Ok bottom of the pack SEC team.  Is that better?  They are 5-2 and Gas was on the hotseat after being on bottom last year coming into what looked like a fairly tough game with Arkansas.   If he had lost, his seat would definitely be warm. 
Poker Porker

hogcard1964

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on October 24, 2016, 11:51:01 pm

They're an at best 3rd place team.  Their coach has been on the hot seat all season.  They kicked our arsses.

RazorPiggie

Do they do that show right after the game?

buldozer

Nothing was addressed on his tv show, this show is basically worthless. No real information as others have said. I heard him say he would address the media on Wed with his normal Mon press conference since they are recruiting this week. I hope he comes out in the press conference Wed and announces major changes on both the Offensive and Defensive sides. I am hoping for coaching changes that will affect Rob Smith and Kurt Anderson. Both of these areas need to be addressed if CBB wants to keep the heat off of himself and most importantly, improve the team. 

jm

Close to 45 points per game should have should have forced a long look before now.

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: The Kig on October 25, 2016, 10:29:03 am
Ok bottom of the pack SEC team.  Is that better?  They are 5-2 and Gas was on the hotseat after being on bottom last year coming into what looked like a fairly tough game with Arkansas.   If he had lost, his seat would definitely be warm.
Hate to break it to you pal, but looking at Auburn's remaining schedule there is a very good chance they will go into Tuscaloosa with only one SEC loss and the Iron Bowl will be the defacto SEC championship game.  Obviously Bama will probably win , but just think about the meltdown here if Auburn wins the SEC and makes the playoffs. Haha would be epic meltdown for sure. Chances are obviously slim to none.

ICEman

Just the normal 50% bumper music and commercials coupled with 50% 'Chucked' softballs.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Mr. Porkleone

I agree. Show format is Horrible.

texhog22

YEP, Long just couldnt find a way to keep BP! Hell! even they media was shocked that he got fired! Hes got Louisville rolling again LOUISVILLE!! For Christs Sakes!!

Sho Nuff

Quote from: kaki on October 24, 2016, 03:32:45 pm
You really interested or just taking a shot?
Dear Lord.  Try to be less annoying.