Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot Seat

Started by hogcard1964, October 24, 2016, 09:20:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Doh!!!

I know, "the buyout is too high", "he needs more time", "he's recruiting good boys"...

http://coacheshotseat.com/

IntegrityHog

Absurd.  CBB's seat is about as warm as dry ice.  Love the picture of Muschamp though - really looks like a psycho there.

HawgTrough

the SMU guy just waxed Houston. I doubt his seat is very hot.
WPS

hogcard1964

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 24, 2016, 09:24:03 am
Absurd.  CBB's seat is about as warm as dry ice.  Love the picture of Muschamp though - really looks like a psycho there.

I don't think it's hot yet either, but it's warming.  Watch it at the end of the year.

jackflash

Coach BB not on a hot seat maybe some of his defensive staff may be

hogcard1964

I agree with the top 5.  I don't believe there's any way those 5 keep their jobs.

Atlhogfan1

You can't be surprised by him appearing on a list like this.

It will be warm going into next season.  How warm depends on if we beat MSU and Mizzou or not and how these home games end up as far as competitiveness.

I'm getting to the point with the football program to say Frank it as I did with basketball with the endless campaign for Anderson.  Finally 6 seasons in and with help from his JC connections and the state's high school basketball, Anderson's program finally looks like it may take off. 

BB leaves and tries to repair the damage to his career from taking this job.  And we get Chad Morris or The Pirate or Dykes or Holgerson and we get this HUNH thing out of the way.  Too bad Bobby doesn't have a protégé.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

AugustaHog

That buyout is really making it impossible for anyone to legitimately call for his head.  His team has really underperformed this year.  The record is a lot better than the actual substance on the field.  Auburn proved that Saturday.  This team is a wreck.  We are weak as a kitten up front on both sides of the ball.  Our LBs are not good at all.  Brooks Ellis, God bless him, is just not fast enough to cover or tackle in space.  Our Safeties aren't very good either and it becomes even more apparent because we aren't getting much play from the LBs.  Our OL is going to get Austin killed and is allowing the DL to live in our backfield on 2 out of 3 run plays.  CBB raved about this being the best defensive staff he has ever had before the season.  I just don't see it.  Segrest has had the deepest DL in Arkansas history the past two years and we've done nothing with it.  Hargreaves has yet to show me that he is getting the most out of suspect LB talent.  The safeties are the worst in the league, bar none.  We are very fortunate to have overinflated wins vs. a bad TCU team and an extremely flawed OM team.  If those teams didn't have all that pre-season hype, the outside perception would be a lot less forgiving. 

Polecat

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 09:42:04 am
You can't be surprised by him appearing on a list like this.

It will be warm going into next season.  How warm depends on if we beat MSU and Mizzou or not and how these home games end up as far as competitiveness.

I'm getting to the point with the football program to say Frank it as I did with basketball with the endless campaign for Anderson.  Finally 6 seasons in and with help from his JC connections and the state's high school basketball, Anderson's program finally looks like it may take off. 

BB leaves and tries to repair the damage to his career from taking this job.  And we get Chad Morris or The Pirate or Dykes or Holgerson and we get this HUNH thing out of the way.  Too bad Bobby doesn't have a protégé.

Lashlee maybe?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Oklahawg

This is the thread for all nut jobs to chime in. IT would take an epic failure on a number of fronts - and by "epic" I mean Auburn level - to even start looking for the first match.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogcard1964

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 24, 2016, 09:49:36 am
This is the thread for all nut jobs to chime in. IT would take an epic failure on a number of fronts - and by "epic" I mean Auburn level - to even start looking for the first match.

So if he chokes away another season this year (6-7 wins) his seat won't be hot?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Polecat on October 24, 2016, 09:48:06 am
Lashlee maybe?

Nah, he won't satisfy the mob.  Needs to be someone of more experience and stature.  Maybe Gundy is tired of Ok St and needs a change.  Got to get that spread coach though.  Our only chance. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: AugustaHog on October 24, 2016, 09:45:51 am
That buyout is really making it impossible for anyone to legitimately call for his head.  His team has really underperformed this year.  The record is a lot better than the actual substance on the field.  Auburn proved that Saturday.  This team is a wreck.  We are weak as a kitten up front on both sides of the ball.  Our LBs are not good at all.  Brooks Ellis, God bless him, is just not fast enough to cover or tackle in space.  Our Safeties aren't very good either and it becomes even more apparent because we aren't getting much play from the LBs.  Our OL is going to get Austin killed and is allowing the DL to live in our backfield on 2 out of 3 run plays.  CBB raved about this being the best defensive staff he has ever had before the season.  I just don't see it.  Segrest has had the deepest DL in Arkansas history the past two years and we've done nothing with it.  Hargreaves has yet to show me that he is getting the most out of suspect LB talent.  The safeties are the worst in the league, bar none.  We are very fortunate to have overinflated wins vs. a bad TCU team and an extremely flawed OM team.  If those teams didn't have all that pre-season hype, the outside perception would be a lot less forgiving.

The buyout for him if he leaves is declining every year.  This should be the hope for those wanting him gone. 

The Segrest hire was BB taking a chance because he was impressed with Samford's dline when we played.  How many LBs do we have on the roster for Hargreaves to work with? 

Agent S

His hot seat could be number 1 ranked doesn't matter. He's back for 2 more years after this doesn't matter how much he wins. Its the truth. Guy has no clue how to coach.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 09:42:04 am

Too bad Bobby doesn't have a protégé.

He does.  #54.  On another subject, what is this guy's methodology in putting together this hot seat list?  Just curious.  I can't believe anybody actually believes CBB's seat is remotely hot.  Guys he isn't going anywhere for at least two more years.  Quit torturing yourselves.

Torqued pork

I don't see it unless there are one or two more bloodlettings this season and even then a staff shake-up could calm a lot of nerves.

ricepig

His seat isn't even lukewarm, lol.

Atlhogfan1

thefisher

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 24, 2016, 09:24:03 am
Love the picture of Muschamp though - really looks like a psycho there.

HA!  First thing I noticed as well.  Wow ...
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on October 24, 2016, 10:08:45 am

Well his job isn't remotely in any danger.  But lets not downplay he is at somewhat of a crossroads now after that AU game.  Can't have another disaster this season and that would include a loss to either of those last two opponents.  And can't have one next season either. 

DiamondHogFan

I take being #8 on that list as a compliment.  There are many other coaches listed below CBB that have done a much worse job, yet his seat is hotter?  That means Arkansas is viewed as a program that should win 9-10 games regularly. 

Or this is just based off of fan reaction...and in that case, yeah CBB should have been fired long ago according to our fans.

RazrRila99

I dont mean this to sound bad, but as a chance to upgrade our staff - maybe if Partridge falls at FAU he could come back and be D-line here?  Id be ok with that. 

Smith/Segrest goes back to NFL; Rhoads promoted to D-Coord & DBs; Partridge comes back as D-line; we hire a REAL special teams coach. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on October 24, 2016, 10:15:33 am
I take being #8 on that list as a compliment.  There are many other coaches listed below CBB that have done a much worse job, yet his seat is hotter?  That means Arkansas is viewed as a program that should win 9-10 games regularly. 

Or this is just based off of fan reaction...and in that case, yeah CBB should have been fired long ago according to our fans.

Then again, it's pretty bad when you're the highest rated coach on that hot seat from your conference and are ahead of Muschamp, Smart and Stoops in the line of fire.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 24, 2016, 10:20:42 am
Then again, it's pretty bad when you're the highest rated coach on that hot seat from your conference and are ahead of Muschamp, Smart and Stoops in the line of fire.

1st year coaches and a coach at UK where they could drop football and few would care.  Pressure and timing plays a role in this subjective, click bait list. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 10:23:02 am
1st year coaches and a coach at UK where they could drop football and few would care.  Pressure and timing plays a role in this subjective, click bait list.

Smart will be there a minimum of three more years and Muschamp maybe another two.  I can't say the same for Bielema and Stoops.

Ironhawg

Sportster365

None of this is adding up we're going nowhere fast. There's no one glaring whole we can point to and say if only we could sure this up we could make some noise

I'm under the impression he feels his system and philosophy is foolproof and he can win with just any old Jimmy or Joe he inserts into the game. If so, he's wildly mistaken.

When is he going to realize he's no longer in B10 country?

Our offense is efficient enough thanks to Enos and Allen but is not potent enough the counter the deficiencies of the OLine and front defensive 7. We have to take advantage of every opportune provided and that will require your biggest playmakers to be on the field as much as possible.

Games That Matter
LA Tech (5-3) - 1pt W
TCU (4-3) - 3pt W
A&M (6-1) - 21pt L
Bama (8-0) - 19pt L
Miss (3-4) - 4pt W
Aub (5-2) 53pt L

The quality* teams we played, we beat them all by less than a TD all needing 4th QTR/OT comebacks. The games we've lost, we lost terribly. Without AA we could easily be sitting at 2-6 right now.

Then theirs our recruiting, player attrition and CBBs coaching carousel. I think it highlights the unwillingness of both players and coaches to want to play and work for him. When will he ever take responsibility for the buck starting and stopping with him. He comes out on live TV throwing players and coaches under the bus this not a good look from the man telling everyone the value of being a team player and taking on the we're a family mentality. No one wants to play or work for a guy acting like a complete jerk.

DeltaBoy

He not on the Hot Seat cause Jeff Long never Wrong.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 09:56:40 am
The buyout for him if he leaves is declining every year.  This should be the hope for those wanting him gone. 

The Segrest hire was BB taking a chance because he was impressed with Samford's dline when we played.  How many LBs do we have on the roster for Hargreaves to work with?
I'm not even advocating that CBB has to go.  I just think he has to gain a new reality on where we are at.  This defensive staff helped produce the worst pass defense in school history last year.  Now this year they are working on the worst run D in school history.  We haven't been a really good defense in a long time, so that's saying something.  The scheme/calls are just not getting it done.  The talent isn't that much different than the past and our defenses haven't ever been this inept.  Drastic change is necessary.  If not, we are going to go 7-6 this year and be halfway through next year wondering why the hell the defense is still awful.  He still seems to be in denial about the OL too.  If he can't see that we aren't protecting the QB or coming close to winning in the run game against good defenses, I don't really know what to say.  I think he likes Robb Smith and Kurt Anderson.  They are good guys and have shown some ability in the past.  I just hope he doesn't hunker down and stubbornly hang on to guys that aren't cutting the mustard to prove a point.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: AugustaHog on October 24, 2016, 11:11:23 am
I'm not even advocating that CBB has to go.  I just think he has to gain a new reality on where we are at.  This defensive staff helped produce the worst pass defense in school history last year.  Now this year they are working on the worst run D in school history.  We haven't been a really good defense in a long time, so that's saying something.  The scheme/calls are just not getting it done.  The talent isn't that much different than the past and our defenses haven't ever been this inept.  Drastic change is necessary.  If not, we are going to go 7-6 this year and be halfway through next year wondering why the hell the defense is still awful.  He still seems to be in denial about the OL too.  If he can't see that we aren't protecting the QB or coming close to winning in the run game against good defenses, I don't really know what to say.  I think he likes Robb Smith and Kurt Anderson.  They are good guys and have shown some ability in the past.  I just hope he doesn't hunker down and stubbornly hang on to guys that aren't cutting the mustard to prove a point.

I agree with you.  I was really asking the question on our LBs.  We are lacking numbers at some positions.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: RazrRila99 on October 24, 2016, 10:20:39 am
I dont mean this to sound bad, but as a chance to upgrade our staff - maybe if Partridge falls at FAU he could come back and be D-line here?  Id be ok with that. 

Smith/Segrest goes back to NFL; Rhoads promoted to D-Coord & DBs; Partridge comes back as D-line; we hire a REAL special teams coach.

IMO, that's what happens (sans where S & S go), except the special teams part... I think we'll have a new DB's coach in this scenario...

sowmonella

Idiot writers writing for idiots.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Sportster365

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 24, 2016, 11:15:13 am
IMO, that's what happens (sans where S & S go), except the special teams part... I think we'll have a new DB's coach in this scenario...

The DBs aren't the real problem here. Its our DL and LB core. Any time you allow a team to run for over 500+ yds on the ground you have some serious issues with your front 7

MrThunderhog

bielema will leave when jeff long does. this buyout will eventually cost them both their jobs.
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Tusks

I love me some 53 point loss, especially how on the first play of the game a Hog defender didn't even touch the runner.

That is #uncommon.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Sportster365 on October 24, 2016, 11:23:37 am
The DBs aren't the real problem here. Its our DL and LB core. Any time you allow a team to run for over 500+ yds on the ground you have some serious issues with your front 7

in his scenario he moved Rhoads to DC.. I just stated that I thought we'd fill the DB position, not hire a ST coach...

AugustaHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 11:14:31 am
I agree with you.  I was really asking the question on our LBs.  We are lacking numbers at some positions.
I was talking about this point with my Dad at the game the other day.  He was griping about Hargreaves and felt like he was doing a pretty poor job.  My argument was that we just didn't know if he's good or not.  The issue has been the last couple years that Brooks Ellis is the most experienced LB due to having played all 4 years because of depth issues all the way back.  This experience and knowing the playbook has kept him as a guy who is entrenched in his position.  He is incapable of covering anyone.  20 years ago he would be a prototypical MLB and would be fine covering most TEs and even some of the slower backs.  The game has changed to favor fast TEs (like Engram and Howard) and smaller, more elusive backs.  Brooks is a good kid and is extremely intelligent.  If he takes a bad step, there is no recovering.  With the 2 LB scheme we are asking him to cover more ground and make more plays.  It's a recipe for disaster.  I'm not laying it all at the feet of Hargreaves (Segrest I do hold issue with though).  I would just suspect with a new DC we will be getting at least some new position coaches.  I'm still praying Mason gets canned at Vandy and we throw a bank at him.

Little Lady Back

No way he is on the hot seat. Way too early.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

riccoar

Bielema is too high on that list.  And Strong should be #1 on that list.  He's already gone and knows it.

hogcard1964

Quote from: MrThunderhog on October 24, 2016, 11:27:03 am
bielema will leave when jeff long does. this buyout will eventually cost them both their jobs.

This

Joe-T

I think Charlie at Texas would be #1 on my list. He's gone and they just haven't announced it yet 😜

code red

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 24, 2016, 09:26:23 am
I don't think it's hot yet either, but it's warming.  Watch it at the end of the year.
This.....our kids were not ready...our defense has been neglected there is heat most definately
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

1highhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 24, 2016, 10:08:45 am

Exactly right.  And really shouldn't be,,,,yet.  But, after this season mind you, there needs to be some blood letting, if not, CBB will hear the distant sounds of natives pounding on the drums for his head to be thrown into the pot, and he needs to hear it to.  After this season, he needs to cut the fat on the defensive side of the ball and fire some Coaches, starting with the DC, and going down the list.  I'd also look on the offensive side as well, there are two that stand out that need trimming, who are y'alls picks?  By my post, you can see I'm talking about a true dream because there's no way he's getting rid of that many coaches, but I think he needs to.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Joe-T on October 24, 2016, 11:44:07 am
I think Charlie at Texas would be #1 on my list. He's gone and they just haven't announced it yet 😜

They have Baylor, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Kansas and TCU left.  If he somehow wins 4 of those 5, he may keep his job.  I do think West Virginia is an automatic loss, but the rest are winnable.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

farmhawg

Quote from: AugustaHog on October 24, 2016, 11:11:23 am
If he doesn't see the reality now then he never will.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Gonzo

This ranking is far too high for now IMO, but I don't think his seat ice cold either. I think it all depends on how the rest of the season unfolds. If the Hogs finish 3-1 or better, I think he's ok, might (and perhaps should) make some changes on his own. That would still mark a regular season improvement and be probably about where most folks thought they'd be before the season started. Finish 1-3 or, heaven forbid, worse, and I think there might be some cracks showing in the foundation of his support, not anywhere near the point of his job being in danger this offseason, but to the point he could probably  feel a little warmth going into the next.

I honestly don't expect the latter. I think they get at least one of the two home games and at least one of the two road games, with a 50/50 chance of sweeping either. I'm thinking (hoping anyway) they have a good chance at 3-1. Just like the UA will do I'm sure, we need to wait until we can look back at the season as a whole. Saturday sucked, sure, but hopefully it was as aberration. We'll see soon enough.

Go Hogs! Beat Florida!

hobhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 24, 2016, 09:49:36 am

This. And if we pull off the Florida game the other nut jobs will be claiming Sugar Bowl again.

Let's just see how this plays out.

HawgTrough

Quote from: tusked on October 24, 2016, 11:29:16 am

I love me some 53 point loss, especially how on the first play of the game a Hog defender didn't even touch the runner.

That is #uncommon.

Bielema said "they've been waiting all week to run that play on us"

Did you happen to spend any time thinking about stopping it?
WPS

hogcard1964

Quote from: hobhog on October 24, 2016, 12:53:17 pm
This. And if we pull off the Florida game the other nut jobs will be claiming Sugar Bowl again.

Let's just see how this plays out.

What if we lay down again Florida?