Previous topic - Next topic

Can CBB win 9-11 Games a Year?

Yes
66 (41%)
No
95 (59%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Prestworthy

Let's see what hogville thinks. This is just speculation, of course.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 24, 2016, 08:44:07 am

At this point 6-6 would be optimistic and I was one of the 10-2 people at the start.

Atlhogfan1

Jesus probably could.

Seriously, 9-11 a year on avg going fwd?  Do you know the SEC programs that have done that since the 92 expansion?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LJHOG

Not until we increase our spending for players and assistant coaches, especially players.  Until we figure out how to acquire some top talent, then middle of the pack is the best we can hope for.

ZERO

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 24, 2016, 08:57:55 am
At this point 6-6 would be optimistic and I was one of the 10-2 people at the start.

He meant just in general each year. Mississippi State and Missouri are god-awful this year. Those two are likely wins in the bag regardless. We'll be 7-5 going into the bowl. I highly doubt we beat Florida or LSU.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

hogcard1964

He averaged between 9 and 10 wins per year at Wisconsin.  He's averaging about 6 here.  So no.

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 08:59:13 am
Jesus probably could.

Seriously, 9-11 a year on avg going fwd?  Do you know the SEC programs that have done that since the 92 expansion?
Is Jesus leading A&M this year?  Sumlin's fourth year right? Should we be comparing our program to USC and MIZZO accomplishments? Oh wait..MU did make the SEC CG it' first 2 years in the league...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 24, 2016, 09:12:32 am
He averaged between 9 and 10 wins per year at Wisconsin.  He's averaging about 6 here.  So no.
Apparently Alvarez had allot to do with that.....their D is nasty right now...

majp51

You need to make it 10-13, not 9-11. I mean the average rational person would say yes if it includes 9 wins. After All 8-4 is totally possible. 3 Scrubs + 1 middle of the back Power 5 team + 2 SEC East opponents means you only have to win 2 games in the west. I think Arkansas, under Bielema , can consistently get to 4-4 in the SEC. 4-4 means 8 wins in the regular season in most cases, and a middle tier Bowl, which is usually quite winnable, getting Arkansas to 9 wins.

10 wins and above is where I could see people having questions at this point. I'm not ready to write that off, but I am beginning to wonder if Arkansas sort of got the Ole miss HDN experience from CBB. By that I mean HDN looked better than he was because he lucked into coaching Arkansas during a time at which the Rest of the SEC west was really down (excepting LSU), so ultimately Ole Miss got burned. I think CBB is a better coach than HDN, but do wonder if the reason his resume looked so good was because of the relative weakness of the Big 10 at the time of his coaching, versus real coaching acumen.

Piggfoot

No. In his glory days at Florida Spurrier averaged 9 or 10 games a year over 12 years. We don't have Florida's recruiting base. Arkansas rabid fans are dreaming.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Danny J

No...I don't think its likely to consistently win 9-11 every year unless we hire Meyer or Saban. I think 9-11 is something we should strive for every 3-4 years.

Atlhogfan1

Meyer did it at Fl although his program was about to decline.

Saban avg just under 10 at LSU and just over 11 at Bama.  Avg 7 at Mich St

Les avg 10 in 11 seasons.  Avg 7 at Ok St

Stallings avg 10 at Bama

Terry Bowden avg 9 at AU over 5 seasons.  This before starting 1-5 in 98 after the NCAA sanctions caught up.

Tuberville 8.5 at AU

Richt just under 10 at UGa

Spurrier 10 at Fl

Some of these coaches did it in 1 or 2 less games per season.

This is your on avg expectation for Arkansas football in the SEC?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: majp51 on October 24, 2016, 09:35:51 am
You need to make it 10-13, not 9-11. I mean the average rational person would say yes if it includes 9 wins. After All 8-4 is totally possible. 3 Scrubs + 1 middle of the back Power 5 team + 2 SEC East opponents means you only have to win 2 games in the west. I think Arkansas, under Bielema , can consistently get to 4-4 in the SEC. 4-4 means 8 wins in the regular season in most cases, and a middle tier Bowl, which is usually quite winnable, getting Arkansas to 9 wins.

10 wins and above is where I could see people having questions at this point. I'm not ready to write that off, but I am beginning to wonder if Arkansas sort of got the Ole miss HDN experience from CBB. By that I mean HDN looked better than he was because he lucked into coaching Arkansas during a time at which the Rest of the SEC west was really down (excepting LSU), so ultimately Ole Miss got burned. I think CBB is a better coach than HDN, but do wonder if the reason his resume looked so good was because of the relative weakness of the Big 10 at the time of his coaching, versus real coaching acumen.

9 is a huge number to get to for an Ark coach to avg over any length of time - 5 seasons or so or more

WilsonHog

Unless we start paying players, I don't believe any coach could consistently do that at Arkansas.

If that is your standard, you will always be unhappy with whoever the coach is at UA.

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 09:51:24 am
9 is a huge number to get to for an Ark coach to avg over any length of time - 5 seasons or so or more
Every one of your posts explains how we just need to except mediocrity here at AR and how any real success has just been a fluke...OK..we got it..you are wrong..but we got it. Some of us are tired of the excuses and want to do what it takes to build a winner here at AR. and it can be done with the right personnel... obviously even you know CBB ain't the guy, hence you defeatest, poor Arkansas, woos me mindset...

Redhogs

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 24, 2016, 10:02:10 am
Unless we start paying players, I don't believe any coach could consistently do that at Arkansas.

If that is your standard, you will always be unhappy with whoever the coach is at UA.
So the performace on the field Sat. was a result of not paying players or coaching deficiencies? Serious question.

ricepig

Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2016, 10:09:46 am
So the performace on the field Sat. was a result of not paying players or coaching deficiencies? Serious question.

You didn't think there was a talent difference? As far as coach deficiencies, sure, we got out coached, just like when we win, we out coach our opponents. We looked like a team playing it's 8th game in a row, while Auburn looked fresh. Is that an excuse, no, but it didn't help any. I guess, if anything, our defense is the puzzling part, most  everyone back, but we can't stop the run.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2016, 10:04:25 am
Every one of your posts explains how we just need to except mediocrity here at AR and how any real success has just been a fluke...OK..we got it..you are wrong..but we got it. Some of us are tired of the excuses and want to do what it takes to build a winner here at AR. and it can be done with the right personnel... obviously even you know CBB ain't the guy, hence you defeatest, poor Arkansas, woos me mindset...

You don't have to accept anything.

You don't understand the difference in avg 9-11 per year and having 9-11 win seasons occasionally....  Our program can do that....

31to6

No. Nobody can at Arkansas in this division. At least not in the current recruiting landscape while running a clean program.

I think the reasonable goal is 8 wins per season.

Of course, it is fine to expect some double-digit seasons mixed in when schedule aligns with an experienced team.

Torqued pork

It would likely take considerable regression from the SEC-W and some major improvement from Arkansas high school football. I wouldn't hold my breath for either to happen soon.

RollHogTide

I believe there are perhaps 10 programs maybe a few more that have a HUGE recruiting advantage based on their history and/or recruiting location (Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma, Florida State, and Notre Dame).  Assuming those schools have good coaches AND execute AND have some luck on their side - could consistently have 9-10 win seasons with an occasional run at the NC, with occasional drop-offs, because of the depth of the team.

The rest of the schools either need an innovative coach that does something to offset the built-in advantages the previously mentioned schools have in order to be competitive year-in/year-out or catch lightning in a bottle with a few key players on both offense and defense.  At this point, I don't think Arkansas has either - however, if we look at the teams that would appear to have an advantage several of those teams are struggling as well (i.e. Texas, Georgia, Notre Dame, USC and I think you could throw Oklahoma in there as well). 

It's easy to look at coaches that have had success at smaller institutions Briles(Baylor), Petrino(Louisville), Chip Kelly(Oregon), and Swinney(Clemson) and say, "Look at what they have done."  But the questions are - Can they sustain? What happens when they play a power football team?  Could their team stand-up to the grind?  Don't get me wrong - those guys are perhaps the BEST coaches in college football (like them or not), but put their teams in a tough division (year-in/year-out) and see how they fair.  Before the CBMFP crowd jumps in with both feet - tell me again how many SEC or NC's he's won, and let's not play the pretend game of - if he hadn't screwed-up Arkansas would have won X, Y, or Z.

Is Coach Bielema the right coach for the job - I think so.  Can he field a competitive team year-in/year-out - I believe so.  Will he consistently win 9-10 games a year and compete for SEC/NC regularly in today's environment - I doubt it.   

MrThunderhog

depends on how many directional schools we can schedule

CBB wont average 4-4 in conference
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: RollHogTide on October 24, 2016, 10:26:00 am
I believe there are perhaps 10 programs maybe a few more that have a HUGE recruiting advantage based on their history and/or recruiting location (Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma, Florida State, and Notre Dame).  Assuming those schools have good coaches AND execute AND have some luck on their side - could consistently have 9-10 win seasons with an occasional run at the NC, with occasional drop-offs, because of the depth of the team.

The rest of the schools either need an innovative coach that does something to offset the built-in advantages the previously mentioned schools have in order to be competitive year-in/year-out or catch lightning in a bottle with a few key players on both offense and defense.  At this point, I don't think Arkansas has either - however, if we look at the teams that would appear to have an advantage several of those teams are struggling as well (i.e. Texas, Georgia, Notre Dame, USC and I think you could throw Oklahoma in there as well). 

It's easy to look at coaches that have had success at smaller institutions Briles(Baylor), Petrino(Louisville), Chip Kelly(Oregon), and Swinney(Clemson) and say, "Look at what they have done."  But the questions are - Can they sustain? What happens when they play a power football team?  Could their team stand-up to the grind?  Don't get me wrong - those guys are perhaps the BEST coaches in college football (like them or not), but put their teams in a tough division (year-in/year-out) and see how they fair.  Before the CBMFP crowd jumps in with both feet - tell me again how many SEC or NC's he's won, and let's not play the pretend game of - if he hadn't screwed-up Arkansas would have won X, Y, or Z.

Is Coach Bielema the right coach for the job - I think so.  Can he field a competitive team year-in/year-out - I believe so.  Will he consistently win 9-10 games a year and compete for SEC/NC regularly in today's environment - I doubt it.

Clemson belongs on the "haves" list or close to it.    Not a smaller institution, football program or for that matter regional location any longer. 

The Kig

Question is too vague.  Can he win 9-11 ever or can he win 9-11 games on the average? 

I went with yes because I think there are years where we will win 9 games (not this one without a bowl win) and there are years where we CAN win 11.  As an average, no chance.   We will average exactly what we have for most of our storied history... around 7-7.5. 
Poker Porker

WilsonHog

October 24, 2016, 10:38:57 am #25 Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:52:21 am by WilsonHog
Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2016, 10:09:46 am

A combination of factors. Recruiting, poor coaching, scheme issues, and eight games in a row.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hogsanity

over the last, lets say 15 years, how many d1 programs have averaged 9+ wins per year? Now how many bcs/p5 programs have done that?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RME

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2016, 10:40:30 am
over the last, lets say 15 years, how many d1 programs have averaged 9+ wins per year? Now how many bcs/p5 programs have done that?

This is something else people need to realize.

The Kig

I believe there are perhaps 10 programs maybe a few more that have a HUGE recruiting advantage based on their history and/or recruiting location (Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma, Florida State, and Notre Dame).   

I would agree with one exception... Notre Dame.  While they probably have more resources than several of these schools combined, I think their time in the sun has past.  Not just because they have insisted on remaining sort of "unaligned", but the shine has worn off the gold.  It's an exceptional school, which is going to create issues with getting/keeping kids in school.  The draw of playing for the fighting Catholics just doesn't seem to resonate right now. 
Poker Porker

SpeedyHog

Quote from: ZERO on October 24, 2016, 09:09:41 am
He meant just in general each year. Mississippi State and Missouri are god-awful this year. Those two are likely wins in the bag regardless. We'll be 7-5 going into the bowl. I highly doubt we beat Florida or LSU.
I could see splitting those two games and going 8-4. Flip side I can also see losing 3 out of 4 and going 6-6. 5-7 not happening this year.
Call Me Trumpton.

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 24, 2016, 10:38:57 am
A combination of factors. Recruiting, poor coaching, scheme issues, and eight SEC games in a row.

They only played 2 SEC games in row prior to the Auburn debacle.

jkstock04

I've said for a while now his ceiling regardless of it is this year or year 10...is 8 wins regular season. Until we see differently I'll stick to that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2016, 10:48:24 am
I've said for a while now his ceiling regardless of it is this year or year 10...is 8 wins regular season. Until we see differently I'll stick to that.

Then we should part ways and he should want to leave.

hogcard1964

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2016, 10:48:24 am

This is spot on.

plumbhog

+1
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

FineAsSwine

Great summation. Some really good points there. Just sucks for the realization though that, for as much as this program and it's fans deserve better, the cards are stacked against us being a perennial top 10 program because of recruiting limitations (and being stuck in the SEC West).

I guess if you consider all the factors mentioned above, Houston Nutt was a pretty good coach here.

Also, I feel somewhat conflicted about your screen name. I see a Hog being choked and squeezed between Roll Tide. How about rollHOGtide? Easier on the eyes for me.  ;)

orvillesghost

Arkansas will never average nine to 10 wins over a long period of time, I don't care if Saban or Meyer was here, still couldn't be done.

Our past record shows we can reach nine or above occasionally, say once out of five years.

Can BB reach nine or above? Well not looking too promising right now and next year's schedule is even more murderous so I would say no.

Youngsta71701

I believe there are perhaps 10 programs maybe a few more that have a HUGE recruiting advantage based on their history and/or recruiting location (Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma, Florida State, and Notre Dame).
I might would add Miami to this list. ??? :-\
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hawgar The Horrible

Can CBB? Nope. Can any other coach average 9-11 wins per year at Arkansas? Nope.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 10:50:30 am
Then we should part ways and he should want to leave.
Why would he want to leave? Look at our expectations. 6-8 wins, be competitive, clean program. This is a cush job. In my opinion the best job in the entire SEC when considering all factors. All you have to do here is beat the cupcake teams, and then win 2 or 3 conference games, run a clean program, be a nice guy, and we will happily give you 4 million bucks.

As long as 56-3 blowouts to Auburn are the exception and not the rule he's golden. I expect us to bounce back and play a competitive game against Florida and most will forget and forgive this Auburn debacle.

We talk a lot about recruiting on here as to why our expectations should be so low. If all this is true (which it probably is) I think we should go back to the good ole boy system the way Nutt used to do things recruiting wise. Seriously.

What's the point in giving some 2 star kid 600 miles away a scholarship to play here? I would rather give the scholarship to a kid from Arkansas who you know will at least play his guts out for you...simultaneously giving the fans a chance to cheer for a hometown kid. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2016, 11:15:36 am
Why would he want to leave? Look at our expectations. 6-8 wins, be competitive, clean program. This is a cush job. In my opinion the best job in the entire SEC when considering all factors. All you have to do here is beat the cupcake teams, and then win 2 or 3 conference games, run a clean program, be a nice guy, and we will happily give you 4 million bucks.

As long as 56-3 blowouts to Auburn are the exception and not the rule he's golden. I expect us to bounce back and play a competitive game against Florida and most will forget and forgive this Auburn debacle.

We talk a lot about recruiting on here as to why our expectations should be so low. If all this is true (which it probably is) I think we should go back to the good ole boy system the way Nutt used to do things recruiting wise. Seriously.

What's the point in giving some 2 star kid 600 miles away a scholarship to play here? I would rather give the scholarship to a kid from Arkansas who you know will at least play his guts out for you...simultaneously giving the fans a chance to cheer for a hometown kid.

Because he is a competitor and wants to win and doesn't want his career damaged by staying here, getting forced out and ending up in the MAC or Sun Belt or MWC or a coord trying to rebuild his career as he enters what should be the prime years for him.  If 8 wins a season is the ceiling he sees here, why the hell stay?  The money?  If it is just about the money, we shouldn't want him nor should anyone else.  (I don't believe it is)

I don't believe it is the ceiling.  At least not yet.  I was just saying if you are correct, he should want to be gone. 

A 2 star from Arkansas has played darn competition with small time staffs and offseason programs for the most part compared to other states in the south.  I agree with the motivation part.  But I understand taking a chance on recruits from Ga, Fl, La etc. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 11:18:56 am
Because he is a competitor and wants to win and doesn't want his career damaged by staying here, getting forced out and ending up in the MAC or Sun Belt or MWC or a coord trying to rebuild his career as he enters what should be the prime years for him.  If 8 wins a season is the ceiling he sees here, why the hell stay?  The money?  If it is just about the money, we shouldn't want him nor should anyone else.  (I don't believe it is)

I'm looking at it pragmatically. Supposedly when hiring...these coaches want stability and knowing they are safe. I've read a lot on here about a 6 year guarantee from Long to Bielema. That's as big a cushion as I have ever heard of for a brand new coach. I think with any coach the $$$$ and stability/unconditional support are going to be high if not the highest priority. So it's not just the money...but stability as well.

You know the $$$$ has got to be a huge part of it. These high end coaches leverage power every offseason to get huge raises. And then in turn all other schools like Arkansas have to try and keep up with the jones'. The only problem with this on their end is when they want more $$$ the expectations rise...rightfully so. I laugh when these guys catch heat and cry foul. I like seeing these 10 win coaches get their asses fired when things slip. This brings more accountability and lets the fans know the administrations aren't blindly throwing money at someone taking it for granted. When an employee asks me for a raise my first question is always 'what am I getting for it in return?'

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on October 24, 2016, 10:40:30 am

Prestworthy doesn't like to factor those kinds of things in.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 24, 2016, 11:29:43 am
I don't see any way in hell Bielema leaves voluntarily.

Few people here seem to realize Wisconsin wasn't sad to see him go.  Barry Alvarez built the program and Wisconsin, and hand-picked Bielema to run it for him.  Every UW fan with even a passing interest in the workings of their program could see who was running things.

Bielema is now swimming upstream to try and find success of his own making. 
He has a reality TV show.
He plays the Good Father Figure role.
He pleases the media.

He does not recruit well.
He does not make in-game adjustments effectively.
He does not have a task-master for an AD requiring him to do these things.
He does not have the drive to make these changes himself.

It depends on what options he would have. 

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2016, 11:45:42 am
I'm looking at it pragmatically. Supposedly when hiring...these coaches want stability and knowing they are safe. I've read a lot on here about a 6 year guarantee from Long to Bielema. That's as big a cushion as I have ever heard of for a brand new coach. I think with any coach the $$$$ and stability/unconditional support are going to be high if not the highest priority. So it's not just the money...but stability as well.

You know the $$$$ has got to be a huge part of it. These high end coaches leverage power every offseason to get huge raises. And then in turn all other schools like Arkansas have to try and keep up with the jones'. The only problem with this on their end is when they want more $$$ the expectations rise...rightfully so. I laugh when these guys catch heat and cry foul. I like seeing these 10 win coaches get their asses fired when things slip. This brings more accountability and lets the fans know the administrations aren't blindly throwing money at someone taking it for granted. When an employee asks me for a raise my first question is always 'what am I getting for it in return?'

Absolutely they want security.  It is needed so they can feel comfortable to implement what they want to do.  Can't hire a coach and make them think they have 2-3 seasons to start proving themselves(outside of a Coker situation).  Recipe for shortcuts to be attempted and bad decisions to be made and a coach to not even feel he can do what he needs.  Strong at Texas is getting this. 

Bielema has money now.  He could go into football broadcasting and make money.  I don't blame them for wanting to be paid market value whether that would be $100K a year or $4 million a year.  No different than other jobs. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 11:53:02 am
It depends on what options he would have. 

Absolutely they want security.  It is needed so they can feel comfortable to implement what they want to do.  Can't hire a coach and make them think they have 2-3 seasons to start proving themselves(outside of a Coker situation).  Recipe for shortcuts to be attempted and bad decisions to be made and a coach to not even feel he can do what he needs.  Strong at Texas is getting this. 

Bielema has money now.  He could go into football broadcasting and make money.  I don't blame them for wanting to be paid market value whether that would be $100K a year or $4 million a year.  No different than other jobs. 
That's fine. And I actually don't disagree.

However, our mindset as Arkansans is we need to pay market value...but at the same time we don't hold the same type of accountability these other schools do. Because of our shortcomings in this conference we can't have much in the way of expectations.

So now you and I have gone full circle LOL and back to the beginning. This is an excellent job for any coach. We have low expectations but will pay market value.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogcard1964

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2016, 12:01:50 pm

However, our mindset as Arkansans is we need to pay market value...but at the same time we don't hold the same type of accountability these other schools do. Because of our shortcomings in this conference we can't have much in the way of expectations.

So now you and I have gone full circle LOL and back to the beginning. This is an excellent job for any coach. We have low expectations but will pay market value.

+1000

There's zero pressure to win here.  He could win 7 per anum and he'd feel the love.

Sed76

At the rate he is going he won't ever hit that mark even once let alone on a consistent basis.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2016, 12:01:50 pm

Not exactly, we are going to pay market value but if you come in and the best you can do after 4-6 years is 8 wins then you are going to be gone.  Bielema knows that and long is prepared to act upon that.  Paying market value is an investment, we are investing in someone to build this program and I believe Bielema is doing just that.  We also had to add money to the job because of the position it was in, I believe we did that by monetarily compensating him as well as giving him a very solid 6 year agreement. No matter what you think of Bielema, he has put this program in a position for the next guy whenever that be to succeed.