Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quit trippin!

Started by mook, October 23, 2016, 11:33:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mook

As of right now, we are 5-3. We might not win another game or we might win out. I thought we were going to have a better defense and the line would be better. But they aren't good. So suck it up. People before the season said if we went 6-6 that CBB did a helluva coaching job. We beat TCU and peoples opinion of the team changed. Too any mistakes; missed blocks, missed tackles and missed assignments. If we go 7-5 okay.... If we go 9-3 okay..... What I believe is our main issue is the defensive philosophy. The catch'em tackle defense isn't working. We need headhunters!

razorbackkid

Sometimes sh?t just happens.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

thefisher

Quote from: hogz11 on October 24, 2016, 03:08:09 am
OP.......maybe the worst loss in Hog history happened Saturday. People are gonna be "trippin" :(

And guess what ... it still only counts as one loss. 

There is no extra credit given for huge wins. A win still only counts as one win.

There is no extra deficit taken for a huge loss.  It still only counts as one loss.

CBB is still currently on an 11-4 run with the first ever in school history back to back bowl wins.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

LZH

Quote from: thefisher on October 24, 2016, 03:42:18 amCBB is still currently on an 11-4 run with the first ever in school history back to back bowl wins.

I'll take a 21-5 run and a 1-1 bowl record anytime/every time.

thefisher

Quote from: LZH on October 24, 2016, 03:55:13 am

Well .... I would take wine over water.  However, when you have to produce a vineyard to get the grapes it takes five years to get your first pressing of them.

Hog football is in the same boat right now.  Takes some time to produce the juice.  However, the clear progression is there to see-

2013 - 3-9
2014 - 7-6
2015 - 8-5
2016 - currently 5-3 with a reasonably good chance to meet/surpass last years total wins.

Possible chance of hitting 9 wins this year even with the rebuilding being done ... especially with the bowl

Any even minded person can see the clear progress there.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

HogShat

Quote from: thefisher on October 24, 2016, 04:11:15 am
Well .... I would take wine over water.  However, when you have to produce a vineyard to get the grapes it takes five years to get your first pressing of them.

Hog football is in the same boat right now.  Takes some time to produce the juice.  However, the clear progression is there to see-

2013 - 3-9
2014 - 7-6
2015 - 8-5
2016 - currently 5-3 with a reasonably good chance to meet/surpass last years total wins.

Possible chance of hitting 9 wins this year even with the rebuilding being done ... especially with the bowl

Those are few and far between here....

hogcard1964

Quote from: mook on October 23, 2016, 11:33:27 pm
As of right now, we are 5-3. We might not win another game or we might win out. I thought we were going to have a better defense and the line would be better. But they aren't good. So suck it up. People before the season said if we went 6-6 that CBB did a helluva coaching job. We beat TCU and peoples opinion of the team changed. Too any mistakes; missed blocks, missed tackles and missed assignments. If we go 7-5 okay.... If we go 9-3 okay..... What I believe is our main issue is the defensive philosophy. The catch'em tackle defense isn't working. We need headhunters!

Somebody here claimed 6-6 would equal a helluva coaching job?

mook

No. Somebody on here didn't. The national media. And they might be right. To be honest it doesn't look like Coach Pittman cared after the first year of recruiting.

DeltaBoy

Rome was not built in a day and this Loss was a perfect storm game.  We had 3 battle royals before Tigger2 and they had a bye week and a coach on the hot seat and revenge for last years loss on their minds.  Tough loss but we got  Fla, LSU STATE and the Zoo left.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RME

al_pigcino

And you would have that if CBB had played as many .500 and below finishers as Petrino did.

bhogs05

It was a very bad game no doubt about that and Bret needs to answer for the extremely flat performance, but lets let the season play out before we can our entire staff like everyone on hogville wants to do.  I guess Jimbo Fisher should probably be fired too since he gave up 63 to Lousiville which is one of their worst losses in history.  But then again it was against the greatest coach of all time in Petrino so 63 is just a given I guess. 

I loved it when Petrino was here but he deserved to be fired for what he did.  Also..do all the people that keep on bringing up Petrino really think he was going to be here for 10 years or more..he's a job hopper and would of been here maybe 2 or 3 years max..and yes I know his buyout was big but someone would have paid it if he had kept his nose clean.  Petrino is not here anymore so let it go. 

RME

Quote from: bhogs05 on October 24, 2016, 09:06:38 am
It was a very bad game no doubt about that and Bret needs to answer for the extremely flat performance, but lets let the season play out before we can our entire staff like everyone on hogville wants to do.  I guess Jimbo Fisher should probably be fired too since he gave up 63 to Lousiville which is one of their worst losses in history.  But then again it was against the greatest coach of all time in Petrino so 63 is just a given I guess. 

I loved it when Petrino was here but he deserved to be fired for what he did.  Also..do all the people that keep on bringing up Petrino really think he was going to be here for 10 years or more..he's a job hopper and would of been here maybe 2 or 3 years max..and yes I know his buyout was big but someone would have paid it if he had kept his nose clean.  Petrino is not here anymore so let it go.

Comparing Bielema to Fisher. A guy who is 73-16 as a head coach at the same school, has won a national title, and 3 conference championships, with your overall argument tied together and measured by Petrino.

Now I've (almost) seen it all.

jkstock04

I had us at 6 wins....so technically OP is right on one point....in my case at least.
Really we are ahead of schedule where I had us.

What is tough for me to swallow however is the 56-3. That is a devastating beat down of epic historical proportions within our program.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

bhogs05

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 24, 2016, 09:09:53 am
Comparing Bielema to Fisher. A guy who is 73-16 as a head coach at the same school, has won a national title, and 3 conference championships, with your overall argument tied together and measured by Petrino.

Now I've (almost) seen it all.

That's my point..Fisher is an outstanding coach and is in year 6 or 7 yet he lost by 43 pts.  All I've been reading about on Hogville is how we should never lose by 53 in year 4..which is bad no doubt but sometimes games just snowball and it gets out of hand and it can happen in year 1 or 4 or 10.  My point was I don't think everyone would be saying well Fisher needs to go he got beat by 43 in year 6 by a ranked team on the road

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogz11 on October 24, 2016, 09:21:43 am
Fisher has actually proven he can get it done and win big on the national level. Bielema has yet to prove that and last Saturday's game gives no one but the fairies and unicorns  on here hope that he will. He looked unprepared and lost Saturday.

Bielema's won very few big games in his life.  And that goes back to his days at Wisconsin.

bhogs05

Quote from: hogz11 on October 24, 2016, 09:21:43 am
Fisher has actually proven he can get it done and win big on the national level. Bielema has yet to prove that and last Saturday's game gives no one but the fairies and unicorns  on here hope that he will. He looked unprepared and lost Saturday.

I'll agree he looked unprepared and the defense especially..all I'm saying is lets let the season play out before we go too crazy. If we have another of those games then yes heads need to roll, but we still have 4 games left and they are all winnable in my opinion.  I was just trying to point out that the game we just played can happen to the best of coaches

DoctorSusscrofa

Some would take 21-5 no matter what.  I won't. BP was scuzzy. Period.  He had a chance to continue at Arkansas by not doing scuzzy things. He personally blew it.  And he blew it in April - just about the worst time to blow it for the program.  I don't like what we did Saturday.  But it's one game. And the scuzziest people are dumping on my Hogs who have a winning record over all and are still playing for more wins.

Our fans are are just plain scuzzy, unfaithful, liars.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

thefisher

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 24, 2016, 09:23:54 am
Bielema's won very few big games in his life.  And that goes back to his days at Wisconsin.

Calling total BS on that one. You are 100% absolutely wrong.

When hired CBB was one of the 10 winningest active coaches in college football.

He had won 3 P5 conference titles.

He had gone to 7 straight bowl games including 3 BCS bowls and had a win over Arkansas in the Capital One. 

He had posted a 68-24 (74%) P5 conference record. CBP had a 34-17 (66%) P5 conference record for comparison.

jkstock04

Quote from: thefisher on October 24, 2016, 09:56:15 am
Calling total BS on that one. You are 100% absolutely wrong.

When hired CBB was one of the 10 winningest active coaches in college football.

He had won 3 P5 conference titles.

He had gone to 7 straight bowl games including 3 BCS bowls and had a win over Arkansas in the Capital One. 

He had posted a 68-24 (74%) P5 conference record. CBP had a 34-17 (66%) P5 conference record for comparison.

Right but who did they play? They would have what 2 maybe 3 legit match ups/season? I wish we could play Indiana and Purdue every year to pad stats.

In the SEC it's week in and week out.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: hogz11 on October 24, 2016, 10:14:55 am
Hard to see this post since it was obviously written on such a high horse. Where would the world be without your infallible morals?

For the record, I think BP was a great coach but he did deserve to be fired.

But if you think what happened Saturday was just one game and nothing more, then you are delusional. I'd challenge anyone to name a worse Razorback loss.
2013 South Carolina was almost as bad. Worse if you consider it was at home. That's the only time I've ever left a game at halftime.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jackflash

were not going  to have a defense this year with his group

pfrg999

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 24, 2016, 09:26:34 am
Some would take 21-5 no matter what.  I won't. BP was scuzzy. Period.  He had a chance to continue at Arkansas by not doing scuzzy things. He personally blew it.  And he blew it in April - just about the worst time to blow it for the program.  I don't like what we did Saturday.  But it's one game. And the scuzziest people are dumping on my Hogs who have a winning record over all and are still playing for more wins.

Our fans are are just plain scuzzy, unfaithful, liars.

You talk mighty Big behind a Keyboard... Come to the Stadium or a local bar and start yelling about how (all) Arkansas fans (you included) are all scuzzy, unfaithful, liars! YOU WON'T because you would be shut down.. But you are brave online... But what do you expect from a Soap Box Dancer... 
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

jkstock04

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 24, 2016, 10:21:57 am
Hint - if we actually beat more teams, then more teams are likely to finish below .500...

Crazy, I know.
Lol. It kind of reminds me of the argument some people use regarding a "down" SEC west. It's funny how when they Hogs do have a salty team it's always when the SEC west is "down." If we are losing than inevitably it's because the SEC is stronger than it has ever been.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Uberanubis

Quote from: hogz11 on October 24, 2016, 03:08:09 am
OP.......maybe the worst loss in Hog history happened Saturday. People are gonna be "trippin" :(

I guess you don't remember the 70-0 ass whippings we got form USC when nutt job was here.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Torqued pork

It may be just one loss, but for some it had the same affect of getting to church Sunday morning and finding out their pastor got a DWI Saturday night. The shock value is going to be felt for awhile.

SpeedyHog

I ain't trippin. I'm over that Auburn loss.
Call Me Trumpton.

Pigdiana Jones

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 23, 2016, 11:55:12 pm
Sometimes sh?t just happens.

:razorback:

Yes, it does. But not like what happened last Saturday. That was not s**t just happening. That was complete and total BS to get beat like that since our coach is in his 4th year with his recruited players.

No excuses!
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

PonderinHog

I didn't trip!   Somebody pushed me!   >:(

HotlantaHog

This game is not just one loss.  It's going to be burned into everyone's memory for many years. It is not just another game.

thefisher

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 24, 2016, 10:17:42 am
Right but who did they play? They would have what 2 maybe 3 legit match ups/season? I wish we could play Indiana and Purdue every year to pad stats.

In the SEC it's week in and week out.

Well .... they beat Arkansas in the Capital One Bowl and also beat LSU earlier this year. 

As I looked it over I see they were 3-2 (60%) against the SEC West during CBB's coaching time at Wisconsin. 
They had wins over Arkansas, Auburn and LSU with losses at LSU and Bama.

As way of comparison CBP went a total of 13-10 against the SEC West (57%).

When only factoring in the same SEC West teams Wisconsin had to play (Bama, LSU, Auburn) CBP was a combined 5-8 (39%) against the teams that CBB & Wisconsin went 3-2 (60%) against.

So .... it appears that CBB & Wisconsin had more success against the SEC West teams than CBP did.

No wonder the country laughs at us.  Delusional beyond all belief.

eric_mullins34

Quote from: thefisher on October 24, 2016, 11:58:13 am
Well .... they beat Arkansas in the Capital One Bowl and also beat LSU earlier this year. 

As I looked it over I see they were 3-2 (60%) against the SEC West during CBB's coaching time at Wisconsin. 
They had wins over Arkansas, Auburn and LSU with losses at LSU and Bama.

As way of comparison CBP went a total of 13-10 against the SEC West (57%).

When only factoring in the same SEC West teams Wisconsin had to play (Bama, LSU, Auburn) CBP was a combined 5-8 (39%) against the teams that CBB & Wisconsin went 3-2 (60%) against.

So .... it appears that CBB & Wisconsin had more success against the SEC West teams than CBP did.

You're really going to compare a total of 5 games to that of 23? Are you really that desperate to ATTEMPT to make your point? It's laughable that you would even consider they're comparable.
Calling the Hogs from NEA!

thefisher

Quote from: eric_mullins34 on October 24, 2016, 12:15:10 pm
You're really going to compare a total of 5 games to that of 23? Are you really that desperate to ATTEMPT to make your point? It's laughable that you would even consider they're comparable.

Uh...no.   It is common practice in establishing a teams relative strength or weakness to compare the results of their common opponents. 

Did you not know this?

How a team performs against common opponents is the most usable marker as to ascertaining their relative strength against each other without a direct on field competition.

Again, how do you not know this?

thefisher

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 24, 2016, 12:11:54 pm
No one at Wisconsin misses Bielema.

No one at Wisconsin attributes the success you mention to Bielema.

The country doesn't laugh at Arkansas.  Until proven otherwise Arkansas has moved into the realm of irrelevance unworthy of consideration resulting in laughter.

I post raw facts and data.  You post opinion based on nothing.

Oh yeah ... and I lived in Wisconsin for 7 years.  Yes, yes they do laugh at Arkansas.

kkbrody

Here is a fact. CBB is head coach for 2 of the 3 worse SEC losses in Razorback history(56-3 and 52-0)

EastexHawg

Quote from: mook on October 23, 2016, 11:33:27 pm
People before the season said if we went 6-6 that CBB did a helluva coaching job.

Really?  That's what people said?  Your recollection is certainly different from mine.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 24, 2016, 07:47:31 am
Somebody here claimed 6-6 would equal a helluva coaching job?

There would be quite a few calling him coach of the year at 6-6. This team minus Austin Allen and his balls would be awful.

PRJ

LZH

Quote from: thefisher on January 17, 1970, 08:22:12 pm
How a team performs against common opponents is the most usable marker as to ascertaining their relative strength against each other without a direct on field competition.

Where did you come up with this one? I am dying to hear this.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: pfrg999 on October 24, 2016, 10:32:24 am
You talk mighty Big behind a Keyboard... Come to the Stadium or a local bar and start yelling about how (all) Arkansas fans (you included) are all scuzzy, unfaithful, liars! YOU WON'T because you would be shut down.. But you are brave online... But what do you expect from a Soap Box Dancer...

Come see me in El Dorado and so what you're threatening to do.  You can pm me and I'll tell you directions to my house.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: hogz11 on October 24, 2016, 10:14:55 am
Hard to see this post since it was obviously written on such a high horse. Where would the world be without your infallible morals?

For the record, I think BP was a great coach but he did deserve to be fired.

But if you think what happened Saturday was just one game and nothing more, then you are delusional. I'd challenge anyone to name a worse Razorback loss.

Every bad loss leads to your kind of comments on this board every single time. "Oh! It's the worst loss ever!" Or "oh! It's a loss that will live in infamy!" It was a bad loss. Just one loss. Don't be such a drama queen!

SRV

Quote from: thefisher on October 24, 2016, 04:11:15 am

2013 - 3-9
2014 - 7-6
2015 - 8-5

For what it's worth, I agree with you, but most people on here won't. At least not this week.

Woo pig!
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

al_pigcino

Quote from: thefisher on October 24, 2016, 11:58:13 am

I made this same point in a thread I created over the weekend.......It's a different from view from Arkansas looking out.  Imagine what it looks like peering back in!  The same people who yell for a 5-3 coach to be fired who has increased his win total in every year are the same ones who thought Pelini and Miles should be fired. 
Les Miles -
Career Record: 142-55 (15+ years)
LSU Record: 114-34 (11+ years)

2011 AP National Coach of the Year | Details
2011 Home Depot National Coach of the Year | Details
2011 Walter Camp National Coach of the Year
2011 Liberty Mutual National Coach of the Year
Second-winningest coach in LSU history with 114 victories
BCS National Champions in 2007
SEC Champions in 2007 and 2011
13-0 regular-season record in 2011
No so bad for a "horrible coach"

Bo Pelini -
Bo Pelini

Career Record: 8 Years, 67-27, .713 Win% (at major schools)

Bowl Record: 7 Games, 4-3, .571 Win% (at major schools)

Coaching Record

Share & more▼
Modify & Share Table
Embed this Table
Get table as CSV (for Excel)
Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
About Sharing Tools

Glossary

Year

School

G

W