Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

100% O-Line

Started by daydreamer, October 23, 2016, 11:33:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

In school they teach you symptom vs cause.  In B-School its root cause analysis.

Saturday it was a the pathetic O-Line, which caused virtually zero rushing for us ******equal to our D being on the field the ENTIRE game.

The D gave up a record, but they played the ENTIRE game.

The O-Line is full of NFL caliber athletes, but not under this O-Line coach. I say send him back to the NFL where he can't be judged singularly.  But, there is no sugar coating it....the Head Hog is ultimately responsible.
"You haven't done anything today if your still talking about yesterday" - Lou Holtz 1978, Hog Locker room exit tunnel.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daydreamer on October 23, 2016, 11:33:12 pm
In school they teach you symptom vs cause.  In B-School its root cause analysis.

Saturday it was a the pathetic O-Line, which caused virtually zero rushing for us ******equal to our D being on the field the ENTIRE game.

The D gave up a record, but they played the ENTIRE game.

The O-Line is full of NFL caliber athletes, but not under this O-Line coach. I say send him back to the NFL where he can't be judged singularly.  But, there is no sugar coating it....the Head Hog is ultimately responsible.

darn I thought from the title this one might go somewhere

Froholdt and Raulerson are NFL caliber athletes?  Skipper has a 6th round eval. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

daydreamer

Atlhogfan1.....

Yes I was a bit sarcastic, and you are correct. 

It just chaps my ass that two years ago they (media) said we had the BEST O-Line in history.

Right now I'd start Fayetteville's O-Line.
"You haven't done anything today if your still talking about yesterday" - Lou Holtz 1978, Hog Locker room exit tunnel.

GoHogs1091

In B-School its root cause analysis.

My Undergrad Degree is Business Administration, and my Masters Degree is a Masters in Business Administration (M.B.A.).

Root cause analysis was never taught/covered in either Degree program.

Cost-Benefit Analysis, Breakeven Analysis, Capital Budgeting Analysis, Regression Analysis, and S.W.O.T. Analysis was taught/covered in both Degree programs.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: daydreamer on October 23, 2016, 11:58:15 pm
Atlhogfan1.....

Yes I was a bit sarcastic, and you are correct. 

It just chaps my ass that two years ago they (media) said we had the BEST O-Line in history.

Right now I'd start Fayetteville's O-Line.

I remember everyone saying that 2 years ago we had the BIGGEST o-line. You know, averaging 10 thousand pounds or whatever. However, that line WAS very good. Maybe we forgot, I know I did. When they weren't getting stupid penalties, they produced 2 1,000-yard running backs.

I'm not the only one who wonders why this area, the offensive line, has regressed over the years.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Kevin

so far only 4 productive o lineman have been recruited during cbb's time

ragnow, skipper, tretola, Kirkland 

not a good hit ratio
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 24, 2016, 08:25:18 am
I remember everyone saying that 2 years ago we had the BIGGEST o-line. You know, averaging 10 thousand pounds or whatever. However, that line WAS very good. Maybe we forgot, I know I did. When they weren't getting stupid penalties, they produced 2 1,000-yard running backs.

I'm not the only one who wonders why this area, the offensive line, has regressed over the years.

Easily answered.  Look at who has been signed and which ones are still in the program.

The question is why the underwhelming emphasis on oline.  I get we had holes everywhere to fill when BB took over in Dec 2012.  But I would have thought oline would have been at the top of the list.  Hopefully this season is an anomaly and the oline from the 2015 - 16 classes will be ready very soon. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LJHOG

The O-Line is full of NFL caliber athletes,
You can't be serious unless you mean Not For Long.  #51 couldn't block a decent HS defensive lineman 50% of the time.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Kevin on October 24, 2016, 09:02:57 am
so far only 4 productive o lineman have been recruited during cbb's time

ragnow, skipper, tretola, Kirkland 

not a good hit ratio

The 13 oline class
Koehler
Skipper
Kirkland

Koehler got injured

The 14 class
Ragnow
Wallace
Allen
Tretola

It has been more of a lack of numbers than hit rate IMO.

Danny J

We are starting one guy who might start someday in the NFL and that's ragnow. Nothing against Skipper

The Kig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 11:35:11 pm
darn I thought from the title this one might go somewhere

Yeah me too.  Thought it was going to be something along these lines:

The O-Line is at the heart of our problems.  When we had solid O-Line play, we dictated pace and clock churning drives kept the TOP so lopsided that our Defense wasn't on the field getting abused like a Catholic alter boy.

The O-Line Ole' was a ticking time bomb that was going to eventually get AA hurt.  He is banged up, but Defenses are going to pin their ears back and if we don't improve AA will be lost for the season or maybe even end up with a career ending injury.  The kid has earned the respect of every coach he has faced, primarily because they see him make plays and pick himself up off the turf over and over. 

The O-Line has not shown the ability to open a hole big enough (with the possible exception of Ole Miss)  to get our run game going.  I fully buy into the concepts that Enos has regarding taking whatever the Defenses are giving us and am ecstatic that we have a QB that can make just about any throw.  However, when the O-Line is completely inept, neither the run game nor the pass game ever has time to materialize. 

So, I really thought the thread was going to be a root cause analysis on the teams overall woes resting squarely on the O-Line... which isn't that far from the truth.  We have weapons at skill positions that are being wasted and are at risk due to terrible O-Line play.  Our Defense is not good, but would be less exposed if we could keep the ball.  Last year, with some pretty solid O-Line play, we were able to allow BA to finally flourish and he outscored our terrible D.  This year, with no O-Line... 56-3
Poker Porker

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Kig on October 24, 2016, 09:52:25 am
Yeah me too.  Thought it was going to be something along these lines:

The O-Line is at the heart of our problems.  When we had solid O-Line play, we dictated pace and clock churning drives kept the TOP so lopsided that our Defense wasn't on the field getting abused like a Catholic alter boy.

The O-Line Ole' was a ticking time bomb that was going to eventually get AA hurt.  He is banged up, but Defenses are going to pin their ears back and if we don't improve AA will be lost for the season or maybe even end up with a career ending injury.  The kid has earned the respect of every coach he has faced, primarily because they see him make plays and pick himself up off the turf over and over. 

The O-Line has not shown the ability to open a hole big enough (with the possible exception of Ole Miss)  to get our run game going.  I fully buy into the concepts that Enos has regarding taking whatever the Defenses are giving us and am ecstatic that we have a QB that can make just about any throw.  However, when the O-Line is completely inept, neither the run game nor the pass game ever has time to materialize. 

So, I really thought the thread was going to be a root cause analysis on the teams overall woes resting squarely on the O-Line... which isn't that far from the truth.  We have weapons at skill positions that are being wasted and are at risk due to terrible O-Line play.  Our Defense is not good, but would be less exposed if we could keep the ball.  Last year, with some pretty solid O-Line play, we were able to allow BA to finally flourish and he outscored our terrible D.  This year, with no O-Line... 56-3

Agreed.  It is why I don't understand the emphasis we had on Oline recruiting in the early classes except we had holes to fill everywhere.  Still should have made sure this was fixed and solid asap.  The Fro experiment is one of the riskiest of BB's time here.  It if it works next season or the next, then great.  We might have an outstanding, physical, athletic guard.  If not, it is going to look awful. 

rickm1976

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 24, 2016, 08:25:18 am

We still have a big O-line - big, slow, sluggish, .............

jm

The coaches are doing nothing to help the offensive line. All the defense has to do is run straight foreward with numbers and we have no answers. Our coaches have to understand that and run some mis direction or quick passes or something to at least make the defense think.

BassinHawg

I don't think any of the current O-Line will be playing on Sunday's in the NFL, None, Period!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

jm

Quote from: BassinHawg on October 24, 2016, 01:10:00 pm
I don't think any of the current O-Line will be playing on Sunday's in the NFL, None, Period!

You may be right, but who knows?
Who knew the NFL would take a tight end at Arkansas and turn him into an all world offensive tackle?
Who even suspected that George Wilson would spend several years in the NFL as a safety?
Matt Jones was a can't miss athlete.
The list of those who have been successful and those who have been busts goes on and on.

jgphillips3

I think Ragnow is going to.  Skipper has, I believe a 6th round grade.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Danny J on October 24, 2016, 09:25:39 am
We are starting one guy who might start someday in the NFL and that's ragnow. Nothing against Skipper

Skipper will get his shot at guard and I bet he makes it a home for a few years. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 09:17:48 am
The 13 oline class
Koehler
Skipper
Kirkland

Koehler got injured

The 14 class
Ragnow
Wallace
Allen
Tretola

It has been more of a lack of numbers than hit rate IMO.

Anyone know what happened or is going to happen with Allen???????

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 24, 2016, 05:01:48 pm
Anyone know what happened or is going to happen with Allen???????

He transferred out, I forgot where.

HF#1

You are for firing a guy who is 8 games into his tenure and isn't responsible for the recruitment of the players we currently have? Sounds logical.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on October 24, 2016, 05:02:47 pm
He transferred out, I forgot where.

Need you to dive deeper into this one.  I thought we were told he was still enrolled in classes and may or may not rejoin the team somehow working in that indefinite wording.

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 24, 2016, 05:04:23 pm
Need you to dive deeper into this one.  I thought we were told he was still enrolled in classes and may or may not rejoin the team somehow working in that indefinite wording.
Ok, I remember him/Bielema talking about it, but a quick Google didn't show anything. So, I guess I don't know, haha.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on October 24, 2016, 05:06:36 pm
Ok, I remember him/Bielema talking about it, but a quick Google didn't show anything. So, I guess I don't know, haha.

Don't let me down.  You are always good for pulling things like this out of your butt with proof.  lol  I should add in a timely manner as well!

Granny fan

This! ^

phadedhawg

Our O Line makes watching football brutal.  Hate how we are completely at the mercy of a decent defense on every snap. 

What's doubly worse is the Seahawks have the same mentality as Arkansas.  Throw together some odds and ends and you can piece together a functional front...WHICH IS WRONG!  I spent Sunday night watch Arizona do to us what Auburn did to us on Saturday.  Worst weekend of football ever.  My teams combined to score 9 points!  At least the Seahawks have a killer defense so we managed a tie. 

Arkansas....not so much.  We were abused on both sides of the ball.

My wife's and mine fantasy teams lost too.  An 0-4 weekend...ugh

If Arkansas doesn't land any serviceable recruits on our offensive line we will be sitting ducks again.  Heck if I were Austin Allen I'd give up my final year before sacrificing my body in another futile campaign.

Seattle needs to go free agency route and get some decent protection for Wilson.  He's already broken from lack of protection. 

I know this is a Razorback forum but the parallels of my two team's offensive lines is driving me bonkers.