Started by elksnort, October 23, 2016, 08:33:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Which start helps the Razorbacks?
Or does it matter?

RME

hobhog

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

elksnort

So later helps home team?

SpeedyHog

I guess the OP is talking about the Florida game? 11am kickoff are the pit. Usually  having a bad season. 2:30 kickoffs are Ok. Night time kickoffs are the best. Loud home environment. Wasn't the last time Florida visited Fayetteville back in 2008 a CBS 2:30 game? I remember Uncle Vern gushing about Timmy Tebow. I hope for anything but a 11am kickoff. We shall find out tomorrow. Woo Pig.
Call Me Trumpton.

KCHogsFan

For all I know I hope its a 2:30 game, otherwise driving in from Central Ark will be the pits.

elksnort

Yes, I am talking about the Florida game. I have always heard that the 11:00 start is better for the visiting team. I am just wondering if it makes a difference for our team.

Agent S

It will be CBS 2:30pm. Doubleheader night game is Bama at LSU CBS 7pm. Aggies at Miss St CBS will take our game at 2:30pm over that matchup. Other SEC games that day blow as well.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: elksnort on October 24, 2016, 10:49:49 am
Yes, I am talking about the Florida game. I have always heard that the 11:00 start is better for the visiting team. I am just wondering if it makes a difference for our team.
I am not sure 11am kickoffs really makes a difference. We won at home in that time slot before.
Call Me Trumpton.

Ex-Trumpet

Well, 5:00 sucks for sure.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Sho Nuff

When will the game time be announced?

dbhog

Well it will not be at 11 since CBS is scheduled for Notre Dame and Navy.  I think we will be at 2:30 so CBS will have Bama and LSU in prime time.

dbhog

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 24, 2016, 11:16:51 am
When will the game time be announced?

Should be announced in the next hour.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: dbhog on October 24, 2016, 11:16:56 am
Well it will not be at 11 since CBS is scheduled for Notre Dame and Navy.  I think we will be at 2:30 so CBS will have Bama and LSU in prime time.

CBS does have a 1am Game as part of their doubleheader on Nov 12th.
Call Me Trumpton.

Gonzo

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 24, 2016, 11:27:04 am
CBS does have a 1am Game as part of their doubleheader on Nov 12th.

1 AM? Crap, I hope they don't get that one :)

Go Hogs! Beat Florida!

Locutus_of_Boar

It depends on which Arkansas team shows up.  11AM on the SEC Network is as close as possible to no TV audience.  The CBS 2:30 slot on 11/5/16 is the lead it to the Bama/LSU game which will be probably the largest SEC TV regular season audience excluding the championship game and the playoffs.

If the Arkansas team that played Auburn shows up the 11AM start is still too much exposure.  If the Arkansas team that beat TCU and Ole Miss shows up there's a chance the CBS slot could be a major recruiting boost.

They got the CBS slot so they better show up.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: Gonzo on October 24, 2016, 01:23:06 pm
1 AM? Crap, I hope they don't get that one :)

Go Hogs! Beat Florida!

I meant to say 1pm. It sure is a Monday.
Call Me Trumpton.

Dirty

Quote from: hobhog on October 23, 2016, 08:36:00 pm
2pm helps the fans.....

Time shouldn't matter to all those fans in NE Arkansas!

hoglady

Announced this afternoon - CBS 2:30.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Cinco de Hogo

Depends on which team your planning on making excuses for!

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

SpeedyHog

Call Me Trumpton.

Hoggish1