Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Fans (From AU fan)

Started by hydro_dynamic_spatula, October 23, 2016, 08:09:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hydro_dynamic_spatula

You just played Ole Miss and Auburn back to back.  I've only watched bits and pieces of Ole Miss this year, so maybe you guys have some good insight.

How the heck did Ole Miss open as a 1 point favorite next week?  This worries me.  This line seems fishy.  Just like the line for our game on Saturday seemed fishy (AU getting 10 points), and we saw what happened there.  The line has already moved to AU -3.5 but still...

I know Ole Miss has played a ton better at home.  I know Ole Miss has play-makers and is capable of scoring on anybody when they get hot.  However, their run defense ranks 113th nationally, and we are now 3rd in the nation in rushing.  Plus, we saw on Saturday that AU's defense is pretty dang legit. 

Thoughts?

SpeedyHog

Go ask on SECRANT ole miss page.
Call Me Trumpton.

RME

Quote from: hydro_dynamic_spatula on October 23, 2016, 08:09:19 pm
You just played Ole Miss and Auburn back to back.  I've only watched bits and pieces of Ole Miss this year, so maybe you guys have some good insight.

How the heck did Ole Miss open as a 1 point favorite next week?  This worries me.  This line seems fishy.  Just like the line for our game on Saturday seemed fishy (AU getting 10 points), and we saw what happened there.  The line has already moved to AU -3.5 but still...

I know Ole Miss has played a ton better at home.  I know Ole Miss has play-makers and is capable of scoring on anybody when they get hot.  However, their run defense ranks 113th nationally, and we are now 3rd in the nation in rushing.  Plus, we saw on Saturday that AU's defense is pretty dang legit. 

Thoughts?

Yawn. You won, congratulations, yadda yadda, now move along. The backhanded compliments and slights in your post are about as obvious as Kristi's obsession with Cam.

Get a new hobby.

Hog N Bama

Don't you have enough to enjoy on your own board? Get lost

Ben

Not a good idea to ask a fanbase something like that after kicking their team's ass 56-3....don't be surprised at the comments you get.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

razorbackkid

Obligatory "wait til next year" post.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

sickboy

Quote from: hydro_dynamic_spatula on October 23, 2016, 08:09:19 pm

Thoughts?

You'll win. Don't sweat the line.

hydro_dynamic_spatula

Quote from: Ben on October 24, 2016, 12:20:06 am
Not a good idea to ask a fanbase something like that after kicking their team's ass 56-3....don't be surprised at the comments you get.

Yeah I just wanted football discussion since ya'll just saw both teams two weeks in a row, specifically what you saw from Ole Miss.  I'm not trying rub anything in.  Ya'll beat us last year, and very well could beat us next year.  It's one game.  If people want to vent about the game by taking it out on me that's fine...doesn't bother me.

HF#1

Play defense the same way you did against us and I'm not sure how you lose.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GolfnHog

Quote from: hydro_dynamic_spatula on October 24, 2016, 03:47:56 pm
Yeah I just wanted football discussion since ya'll just saw both teams two weeks in a row, specifically what you saw from Ole Miss.  I'm not trying rub anything in.  Ya'll beat us last year, and very well could beat us next year.  It's one game.  If people want to vent about the game by taking it out on me that's fine...doesn't bother me.

So in your passive/aggressive way you  want us to oogle and fawn all over the Auburn results? Here's a clue: your coach is still a [CENSORED] and we have problems that need answers. So go play in the streets of Oxford or wherever and seek the front end of a big rig.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

onebadrubi

I show auburn opened as a 1.5 point fav but I do see some monitoring sites show auburn as a 1 point dog but not that line never was offered. 

Auburn will be able to run all over Ole Miss, heck arkansas even did.

hydro_dynamic_spatula

Quote from: GolfnHog on October 24, 2016, 04:11:09 pm
So in your passive/aggressive way you  want us to oogle and fawn all over the Auburn results? Here's a clue: your coach is still a [CENSORED] and we have problems that need answers. So go play in the streets of Oxford or wherever and seek the front end of a big rig.

Nah.  Vegas seems to like Ole Miss here, so I was wanting to know if you guys had thoughts since you just played both of us.  Again, just football discussion.  Don't have to comment if you are not interested in the topic.  But if telling me to kill myself makes you feel better as I person, I'm happy for you.

RME

Quote from: hydro_dynamic_spatula on October 24, 2016, 04:33:54 pm
Nah.  Vegas seems to like Ole Miss here, so I was wanting to know if you guys had thoughts since you just played both of us.  Again, just football discussion.  Don't have to comment if you are not interested in the topic.  But if telling me to kill myself makes you feel better as I person, I'm happy for you.

You saw our thoughts on the Vegas line last week. You saw how that turned out for us.

Go play in an LSU or Ole Miss board. You're like Butch Jones approaching the Appalachian State huddle and telling them they played hard after UT beat them.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: HF#1 on October 24, 2016, 03:50:57 pm
Play defense the same way you did against us and I'm not sure how you lose.

I'd agree this would point to an Auburn win, but assuming all the Ole Miss players have a pulse it won't be nearly as easy as we were.  We didn't even show up.

jgphillips3

Auburn will win and it probably won't be close.

PorkSoda

OM will kill auburn.

they slipped up against us, but that wont happen against auburn.  auburn is going to choke big time.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JOKERHOG

the gus bus will run over the rebel black bears and never look back.  (no, im not an gus or a auburn fan)
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Hoggish1

Ole piss is going to open a can on your sorry asz and I hate ole piss.

TeufelHog

Gus had 2 weeks to rest his team -and- prepare for a game against a depleted Razorback squad coming off a 4 game stretch against aTm, Bama, Acorn State, and Ole Miss . . . congratulations.

wildhogman

Quote from: hydro_dynamic_spatula on October 24, 2016, 04:33:54 pm
Depends. If Aubbie pressures swag like they did us, he isn't afraid to run. I thought a coupl times early in our game AA should have taken off, pick up 4 or 5 and save the down. Felt like if he started doing that it would force you stay in your ruch lanes and keep the middle choked off. If you don't against swag he will be all too happy to burn you.  Wasn't to impressed with your secondary and Ol piss has a great passing attack. If they don't have a bunch of drops. One things for certain, they wotn line up and try to run it over you 45 times if its not there. They will pass you dizzy, run sweeps, a draw here and there, and the ever present swag.  Should be a close game. I'd like to say good luck, but I don't like to lie.  Here's to hoping on one of swags runs while springting down the aubbie sideline one your guys hits him late out of bounds and knocks him into a certain coach who some declared a saint.  Will make my weekend