Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just rewatched that debacle, and #1 thing that stood out to me

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 23, 2016, 05:23:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Was the lack of effort. The loafs and giving up on plays. Unacceptable. Pissed me off. Scheme maybe bad, players not talented enough, or whatever....but whoever we put on the field should give maximum effort and we aren't getting that. It's disgusting.

Calling All Hogs

You are a much more dedicated fan than I am if you were able to watch that game a second time.

Tusks

Just watch the first play and then think of that 50 more times and you have the game.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hoglady

You must be a glutton for punishment - one time was enough for me for a lifetime.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dr. Starcs

Marshfieldhog

I'd rather watch the Young and the Restless then Days of our Lives back to back

AlmaHog2011

How many times did #55 stand up and move out of the way to allow the RB to run wild. He wasn't the only player to just stand and get blown off the ball. Also no inside LB made any plays. Ellis is just not good. Ramsey made some plays but they won't play him or Sosa????

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seebs

Rewatching the  Auburn game is like playing the tape of your wedding from your first marriage while slugging a bottle of Dickel. Both give you runs that cannot be stopped. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

kodiakisland

Yeah, I rewatched the first half this morning.  The first thing that stood out to me, and I'm not sure why it didn't last night, was the very first play by Auburn.  They obviously ran that play because of something they saw us do over and over.

They did not block Wise at all.  Even though the play was designed to run right at him.  Somehow they knew he didn't even need blocked.  He was completely lost and took himself out of the play by his own inaction.  How did they know?  The linebackers were blocked, but really didn't need to be.  They took themselves out of the play as well.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Granny fan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 23, 2016, 05:23:44 pm
Was the lack of effort. The loafs and giving up on plays. Unacceptable. Pissed me off. Scheme maybe bad, players not talented enough, or whatever....but whoever we put on the field should give maximum effort and we aren't getting that. It's disgusting.

Yes!  Just looked like they totally didn't care yesterday!

SCRANTON

Quote from: Seebs on October 23, 2016, 06:20:16 pm
Rewatching the  Auburn game is like playing the tape of your wedding from your first marriage while slugging a bottle of Dickel. Both give you runs that cannot be stopped. 

This is why they created the internet. Outstanding sir.

carolinahogger

What I saw the first time is that the Auburn players fought through blocks.  Razorback players just got blocked.  Look at the first play.  Zero containment by the line, then the two hogs on the outside were held up by single blockers.  Neither even put an arm out.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Seebs on October 23, 2016, 06:20:16 pm

don't speak ill of george like that:)
The rest of the frog.

DeltaBoy

Dang gum we looked like we are wearing cement shoes on D.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 23, 2016, 06:21:35 pm
Yeah, I rewatched the first half this morning.  The first thing that stood out to me, and I'm not sure why it didn't last night, was the very first play by Auburn.  They obviously ran that play because of something they saw us do over and over.

They did not block Wise at all.  Even though the play was designed to run right at him.  Somehow they knew he didn't even need blocked.  He was completely lost and took himself out of the play by his own inaction.  How did they know?  The linebackers were blocked, but really didn't need to be.  They took themselves out of the play as well.

because we've done it all year. look back on some of my posts, ad nausea.

there's NO ONE THERE.

EMPTY field. it's not so much that we're blocked, but there's NO ONE OVER THERE.

to repeat my lament; i don't get it....
The rest of the frog.

doc53

I wonder why the effort was lacking?
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

Rzbakfromwaybak

A replay of our Auburn game yesterday, was suppose run tonight at 10pm in my area (Ft. Worth).  Still lists Ark & Auburn on the screen on the ESPNU channel.  Instead, they're currently showing the replay of the Ohio St. & Penn St. game.  Probably decided they couldn't keep enough viewers interested in our game.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 05:31:57 pm

Just watch the first play and then think of that 50 more times and you have the game.

Believe their first play that went for about 78 yds, was more than our whole offense rushed for all night.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Jim Harris

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 23, 2016, 06:21:35 pm

you'll notice they put Wise on the bench for the next series too.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 23, 2016, 05:30:42 pm
You are a much more dedicated fan than I am if you were able to watch that game a second time.

That doesn't take dedication. It takes obsession. Some people REALLY need to get a firmer grip on their priorities.

DallasHogFan

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

PorkSoda

what I saw was a team that was a step slow after 8 straight games facing a team fresh off a bye week.

it was an ugly loss, but it still only counts as 1.  I expect us to get rested up this week and attack the rest of the year with a vengeance.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Grunt

Quote from: DallasHogFan on October 24, 2016, 01:37:17 pm
I deleted it from my DVR mid 3rd quarter....
I let it record but didn't watch the second half but watched something else then deleted the game.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Grunt on October 24, 2016, 02:04:37 pm
I let it record but didn't watch the second half but watched something else then deleted the game.
I admit, it was first game I can remember that I stopped watching half way through the 4th. 

the only thing I missed was Auburn scoring another TD.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

311Hog

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 24, 2016, 01:42:30 pm
what I saw was a team that was a step slow after 8 straight games facing a team fresh off a bye week.

it was an ugly loss, but it still only counts as 1.  I expect us to get rested up this week and attack the rest of the year with a vengeance.

This is what i saw and felt as well.  I mean i wasn't expecting the difference to be so stark, but IMHO the altercation pregame did nothing to help us, it just fired up Auburn more.

We have issues no doubt, i just feel fatigue made cowards of us all this weekend.

chiefhawg

I wonder why Bama wasn't a step slow against a top 10 team after 8 straight weeks of play and back to back road games to Arkansas and Tennessee.

311Hog

Quote from: chiefhawg on October 24, 2016, 02:14:45 pm
I wonder why Bama wasn't a step slow against a top 10 team after 8 straight weeks of play and back to back road games to Arkansas and Tennessee.

Because Bama is clearly the best team in the country.

PorkSoda

did they play a team coming off a bye week?

RagingHawgOn

I agree. Thank God for an open date.

311Hog

Calling All Hogs

Worst lack of effort I have seen from a Hog team since the 2008 Cotton Bowl Classic against Missouri.

oldman1015

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 23, 2016, 05:30:42 pm
Nope, he is a sick person. I wouldn't watch it again if you paid me. Couldn't wait for the cubs game to start so I could quit watching it.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

chiefhawg

Quote from: 311Hog on October 24, 2016, 02:33:50 pm
35 + 5 star recruits say hello, and it was at home, and Aggie goin Aggie etc. etc.
You don't have to be a 5 star to be in condition and give effort. Conditioning is on the S & C coach. Effort is on the individual. 5 & 4 stars mean talent. We have had lesser talented players that players that played hard from kick to whistle. Thus Fighting Razorbacks.That was not evident on Saturday night. Heck, the Ole Right Reverend Nutt would have his teams fired up. He even called a play or two. Just ask Chuck.

311Hog

Quote from: chiefhawg on October 24, 2016, 03:04:52 pm
You don't have to be a 5 star to be in condition and give effort. Conditioning is on the S & C coach. Effort is on the individual. 5 & 4 stars mean talent. We have had lesser talented players that players that played hard from kick to whistle. Thus Fighting Razorbacks.That was not evident on Saturday night. Heck, the Ole Right Reverend Nutt would have his teams fired up. He even called a play or two. Just ask Chuck.

Completely agree, just not saying that i haven't seen the Hogs come out flat and uninspired before because i have under several different coaches.  Also i believe it is "easier" to not get gassed when you are rotating 5 stars in the 2 deep.  On our team if certain players don't play all world we get hammered i believe we have what 2 maybe 3 legit 5 stars on the entire roster? fact is there is a massive talent drop off, and thus the same players play all the time and "wear out" faster.

PorkSoda

hawgfan4life

Their starters play a fraction of the time ours do and they are playing with almost none of the stress and abuse of playing equal and superior talent.  All wins, tradition, and a three deep of elite players.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 24, 2016, 02:47:31 pm
Worst lack of effort I have seen from a Hog team since the 2008 Cotton Bowl Classic against Missouri.

This morning i saw Marcus Spears on the Finebaum show.  He was shaking his head and said that sometimes games just get away from you, it happens.  What he saw that he absolutely did not understand was a complete lack of fire from Arkansas, something he has never seen before with an Arkansas team.  This is concerning to me.  If they can recover their spark after a week off they'll be ok.  If they come out against Florida and lay down, then Houston we have a big problem.

Redhogs

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 24, 2016, 02:47:31 pm
Looked like a replay of that game didn't it...except we wore all red uniforms that day...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Albert Einswine

I watched the game live until I put it on record and switched over to game 6 of the NLCS and watched the Cubbies clinch the pennant. Believe me when I say it was a great decision and I was rewarded for it. I deleted the recording of the Hogs/auburn game without viewing, seemed pointless.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 25, 2016, 08:01:56 am
I watched the game live until I put it on record and switched over to game 6 of the NLCS and watched the Cubbies clinch the pennant. Believe me when I say it was a great decision and I was rewarded for it. I deleted the recording of the Hogs/auburn game without viewing, seemed pointless.

It was painful and I recorded it and watched it the next day or so after I knew the score.

Calling All Hogs

I was one of the few Hog fans in 1987 who stayed until the end of the great beat down game by Miami but even I couldn't watch the Auburn game until the end. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 25, 2016, 04:48:51 pm
I was one of the few Hog fans in 1987 who stayed until the end of the great beat down game by Miami but even I couldn't watch the Auburn game until the end. 

I stayed with the '87 Miami game also. I didn't despise the Canes and I was always a Jimmy Johnson fan, wanted him as our coach. Getting a beat down from the cheating plainsmen with Gus at the helm is beyond sickening.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Count De Money

It was as if they knew every play we were going to run and what defense we were going to be in.   

elviscat

Team speed is one of the biggest problem with out team, we are a step slow at getting there.

Count De Money