Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas what are you willing to live with? Risk vs reward.

Started by lamont7906, October 23, 2016, 11:06:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan58

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2016, 08:05:56 am
Not trying to turn us into Vandy.  Trying to recruit players they know they can count on to be eligible and not in jail or rehab or heading to some Juco in Miss. 

This is your statement linking being eligible to not being in jail or rehab. I'm saying the 2 have NOTHING to do with each other. 4.0 students go to rehab all the time. 4.0 students go to jail all the time as well. It's great that you want every kid on the team to be a Rhodes Scholar and sign a morality pledge. Myself, I know that every kid isn't a saint and every kid isn't a genius and the UA gives them every chance possible to get a degree. Whether or not they do and what GPA they end up with is up to them.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogfan58 on October 24, 2016, 01:33:09 pm
This is your statement linking being eligible to not being in jail or rehab. I'm saying the 2 have NOTHING to do with each other. 4.0 students go to rehab all the time. 4.0 students go to jail all the time as well. It's great that you want every kid on the team to be a Rhodes Scholar and sign a morality pledge. Myself, I know that every kid isn't a saint and every kid isn't a genius and the UA gives them every chance possible to get a degree. Whether or not they do and what GPA they end up with is up to them.

Holy darn.  I am aware of my statement.  Was typing on phone and didn't want to go into more detail by separating the GPA from the disciplinary comments.  Your post was a waste of time as I wasn't equating GPA directly to jail or rehab.

Bielema wants recruits who have the discipline and focus to maintain good grades.  Recruits who are intelligent.  Players who will maintain their acad eligibility. 

SEPARATELY FROM THE ACADEMICS, he wants players who have shown discipline and respect to where he believes they aren't likely to get into legal trouble or abuse substances and end up gone from the program as that would be a waste.  We cannot afford a high rate of attrition and our "hit" rate on recruits has to be higher than our competition.

Do I need to explain it even more to you?  I get it. I insulted you or hit a nerve.  It was simply me not wanting to type it more clearly.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.