Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Records set under Bielema and Jim Harris comments

Started by lutherheggs, October 23, 2016, 09:24:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: Chitlins on October 23, 2016, 02:24:49 pm
but but but but...Hogville told me CBB could recruit...way better than ol CBP... i know i read a few million threads on that.....

Yea, I thought the recruiting was better?  What happened?

Hogvillage Idiot

"And did we mention Auburn got all those rushing yards without its leading rusher? RB Kerryon Johnson, who had 538 yards in the first six games, didn't play Saturday." - Nick Bromberg,Dr. Saturday
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 11:56:19 am
You mean drink a lot and just ride it out. Losing by 53 has no enjoyment to it.
Bielema was on Russillo and Kanell ESPN Radio this week and said the 52-0 defeat by Alabama was one of the hardest things he's ever dealt with.

So I would say this 56-3 beatdown is hitting him pretty hard.

I would even venture to say that this may be the first time he's ever contemplated, privately of course, that coming here may not have been a great idea. This is Year 4. This SEC thing may not going as well as envisioned...

Sed76

If you watched the coaches show tonight it was obvious he realized how bad this was.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Sed76 on October 24, 2016, 12:14:59 am
If you watched the coaches show tonight it was obvious he realized how bad this was.
Did he quote John 11:35 "Jesus Wept" like Hatfield did after Miami 51 Arkansas 7 in 1987?

jvanhorn

Baseball is my sport so I don't consider myself any kind of expert on college football but, from what I have seen, it looks like to me Arkansas has a serious shortage of team speed.  You can't coach anyone to be faster than they are, so I would guess, there needs to be some changes made in recruiting in that category. 

Sed76

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 24, 2016, 12:19:42 am
Did he quote John 11:35 "Jesus Wept" like Hatfield did after Miami 51 Arkansas 7 in 1987?

He stood there with a look in his face that was a combination of being kicked in the nuts and someone having just shot his dog. Just looked beat down and defeated which of course he totally was. Didn't really expect it but was kinda hoping he would acknowledge there were serious problems and apologize to everyone for that type of performance. Instead we got Chuckles talking nonstop and coach giving short one word answers to questions.

hogfarm10

Baseball is my sport so I don't consider myself any kind of expert on college football but, from what I have seen, it looks like to me Arkansas has a serious shortage of team speed.  You can't coach anyone to be faster than they are, so I would guess, there needs to be some changes made in recruiting in that category.

this right here. we are a slow white team. yes we have big boys on our o line but they are slow as molasses. speed kills. back in the day we had that. look back at old games and you would see we were always the faster team. now we are slow.
Yes I do wear Razorback underwear so what!!!

lutherheggs

As it has turned out, the Auburn win over Arkansas was an aberration...for them. They barely beat Vandy in a low scoring game and lost to a .500 GA team in another low scoring game.

What the Auburn game (and the Alabama and almost every game the Hogs have played) shows is how bad the Hogs are on defense and how bad the coaching staff is. It is that simple. Do not talk to me about matchups and such. It is about quality coaching, knowing the opponent and its tendencies, player quality and player desire. Most or all of this has not been present this season. If I were the HC and my season was going like this, I would have wholesale firing of all defensive staff at season's end.

EastexHawg

How many assistant coaches has he gone through in 3.75 years?  At what point does the buck stop being passed?

We're 11-27 in conference over the last five years.  Every program in the SEC except Kentucky has a better record during that time...even Vanderbilt.  At this point everything should be questioned, from top to bottom and bottom to top. 

Lake City Hog

I am literally sick to my stomach over hearing "7 game in 7 weeks"!!! 1 of those games was Texas State and another was Alcorn State. It was actually 8 games in 8 weeks with 2 EASY OOC games. We had plenty of opportunity to rest players, the COACHING STAFF chose to NOT take advantage of the opportunity.

We had a 3 game stretch after Alcorn State, 3 FREAKIN GAMES!!!

PLEASE QUIT TRYING TO USE THAT BAD EXCUSE.

lutherheggs

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 16, 2016, 09:39:48 am
How many assistant coaches has he gone through in 3.75 years?  At what point does the buck stop being passed?

We're 11-27 in conference over the last five years.  Every program in the SEC except Kentucky has a better record during that time...even Vanderbilt.  At this point everything should be questioned, from top to bottom and bottom to top.
And many fans will or would respond to this by saying that he came in with nothing because of 1 yr with Smith and because Petrino's recruiting was not good. Well, Petrino was here 4 years. Same as Bielema now. Those excuses are out the window. I think we lose at Miss St and finish 3-5 in SEC after going 5-3 last year.

code red

IMHO we miss Pittman and Shannon.  I am not trying to open a can of worms.  Recruiting is however the fundamental flaw.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

King Kong

Quote from: code red on November 16, 2016, 11:12:36 am
IMHO we miss Pittman and Shannon.  I am not trying to open a can of worms.  Recruiting is however the fundamental flaw.

Hard to argue the difference on the field from those 2 position group

Swine-as-wine

Let's say we were 0'fer for the year rather than just below middle of the pack we are now. Would we STILL not be
able to afford to fire him? I really can't understand, how as much money as we bring in not only from the SEC, but
from the games themselves, how we couldn't afford to fire him about 3 times.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on November 16, 2016, 11:25:51 am
Let's say we were 0'fer for the year rather than just below middle of the pack we are now. Would we STILL not be
able to afford to fire him? I really can't understand, how as much money as we bring in not only from the SEC, but
from the games themselves, how we couldn't afford to fire him about 3 times.

If you don't want to have any money left to hire a new coach, then we're good.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 23, 2016, 10:29:37 am
And the media feeds us the same bull.

This is true and Long backing him for at least 6 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.