Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rushing Yards Allowed in Three Losses...

Started by Hogz87, October 22, 2016, 08:39:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogz87

Texas A&M:  366 rushing yards

Alabama:  264 rushing yards

Auburn:  543 rushing yards

TOTAL:  1,173 yards

AVERAGE: 391 yards per game

Inexcusable.  Robb Smith needs to be shown the door tonight.  He should never again DC an SEC game.  If your defense allowing 500+ rushing yards isn't enough to get you fired, then you should have enough respect for your program to resign, because you clearly aren't going to cut it as a big time defensive coordinator.

Deeznutts

Why even field a defense? That is pathetic. wait. We DON'T field a defense. Embarrassing product.

Hogz87

Well, technically we do put 11 guys on the field on defense.  Unfortunately, we wouldn't be much worse off if they just stood there when the ball was snapped and waited for a player to run into them.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Hogz87 on October 22, 2016, 08:39:55 pm

Inexcusable.  Robb Smith needs to be shown the door tonight.  He should never again DC an SEC game.  If your defense allowing 500+ rushing yards isn't enough to get you fired, then you should have enough respect for your program to resign, because you clearly aren't going to cut it as a big time defensive coordinator.

Want an even more telling stat?  Throw up our rushing yards in those games as well.  It's not just the D that's the problem.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

LZH

Quote from: Hogz87 on October 22, 2016, 08:57:36 pm
Well, technically we do put 11 guys on the field on defense.  Unfortunately, we wouldn't be much worse off if they just stood there when the ball was snapped and waited for a player to run into them.

Ha! Tru DAT.....

Danny J

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 22, 2016, 08:58:02 pm
Want an even more telling stat?  Throw up our rushing yards in those games as well.  It's not just the D that's the problem.
I agree...it's both lines especially that are the problem then the back 7. People should be fired tonight starting with D line

Hogz87

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 22, 2016, 08:58:02 pm
Want an even more telling stat?  Throw up our rushing yards in those games as well. 

Texas A&M:  40 carries, 120 rushing yards

Alabama:  36 carries, 73 rushing yards

Auburn:  31 carries, 25 rushing yards

TOTAL:  107 carries, 218 rushing yards, 2.0 yards per carry

Embarrassing.  At the very least we were supposed to have the hogs up front on offense to line up and consistently run the ball.  Looking more and more like Bielema's inability to recruit is getting badly exposed in the SEC.  Someone forgot to tell him he'd actually play against defenses in the SEC that have both elite size and elite speed.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Hogz87 on October 22, 2016, 09:03:56 pm
Texas A&M:  40 carries, 120 rushing yards

Alabama:  36 carries, 73 rushing yards

Auburn:  31 carries, 25 rushing yards

TOTAL:  107 carries, 218 rushing yards, 2.0 yards per carry

Embarrassing.  At the very least we were supposed to have the hogs up front on offense to line up and consistently run the ball.  Looking more and more like Bielema's inability to recruit is getting badly exposed in the SEC.  Someone forgot to tell him he'd actually play against defenses in the SEC that have both elite size and elite speed.

Yikes!  Worse than I thought.  218 yards to 1173 yards.  Can that be right?  That is more than just a talent gap.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Hogz87

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 22, 2016, 09:09:20 pm
Yikes!  Worse than I thought.  218 yards to 1173 yards.  Can that be right?  That is more than just a talent gap.
I agree.  There's something pretty seriously wrong internally within the coaching staff.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Hogz87 on October 22, 2016, 09:43:45 pm
I agree.  There's something pretty seriously wrong internally within the coaching staff.

Starts at the top and trickles down.

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

DeltaBoy

Too many recruiting bust.
Losing Kirkland and Collins hurt us a ton.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Lord of the Styes

MountieDawg

To everyone excited about 9 returning starters from last years defense I never understood the excitement. 9 returning starters from a good defense would be exciting. Hopefully some of them graduate this year.
SEC!

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

al_pigcino

HotlantaHog

Earlier in the year, Biggus pointed out a stat that showed Hogs allowed the most rushing yards per game in all of college football. ... Maybe improved a bit after Ole Miss game.... I assume we are back to being last among 100-plus college teams.... dead last.

The Kig

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 24, 2016, 05:41:45 am
To everyone excited about 9 returning starters from last years defense I never understood the excitement. 9 returning starters from a good defense would be exciting. Hopefully some of them graduate this year.

I certainly understand the whole policy against player bashing, but almost every time someone would question returning so many from a bad unit the Sunshine Police would show up and (using your avatar) give them the old Night at the Roxbury treatment.  We were told that they would be better because... well, older.  More experience would take a group that was one of the worst pass defenses in the country and suddenly they would be better. 

Part of that may have happened.  I have seen some improvement in our pass defense with better play at times.  However, it may also be because teams don't have to do much at all in the way of passing.  Greenlaw going down crippled an already thin LB group.  Bama exposed our run defense and provided a blueprint for every team we have left on our schedule.  Auburn should be sending them a box of chocolates or at least a Thank You note.  It isn't just running QB's that we struggle with, it's ANY QB that runs...or anyone with the ball around the line of scrimmage that intends to run with it. 
Poker Porker

Danny J

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 24, 2016, 08:27:43 am
Earlier in the year, Biggus pointed out a stat that showed Hogs allowed the most rushing yards per game in all of college football. ... Maybe improved a bit after Ole Miss game.... I assume we are back to being last among 100-plus college teams.... dead last.
I haven't looked at the rankings but after giving up the equivalent of 106 yards to 5 running backs I would imagine we are in the 120's...

Redhogs

Mind blowing...FCS team playing in the SEC west....seriously....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2016, 09:53:18 am

I was thinking something specific like CUSA team.

farmhawg

Quote from: Redhogs on October 24, 2016, 09:53:18 am
A lot of FCS teams should be offended.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!