Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Consecutive Dead Heats

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, January 21, 2013, 11:05:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Saw something Saturday I'd never seen before at Oaklawn . . . dead heats in consecutive races.  Track announcer said no one associated with the track could remember that ever happening before. 

Sad thing is, neither one helped me worth a darn. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

kingoftherapids

was in the winners circle for the second one! CRAZY STUFF!

heavylifting

So I notice that Oaklawn just lumps the winners together for purposes of the Pick-3. You got the same $42.50 for your dollar regardless which horse or horses you had in the combination.

What's up with that?

I know they don't do that in New York. Checked last year's Travers Stakes results to confirm -- Pick 3 with Alpha paid $141.50 (Travers as the 3rd leg) and $452.50 (Travers as the 2nd leg). (Payoffs to $2 by the way). Using Golden Ticket, they were $1,907 (3rd leg) and $7,342 (2nd leg).

Long story short, if they'd run the Travers at Oaklawn, you'd have gotten screwed in the P3 if you'd used Golden Ticket, but would have gotten a bonus if you'd played Alpha. Am I wrong?

HawgWild

Watched these replays yesterday. I don't recall seeing that before either.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HawgWild on January 22, 2013, 08:03:28 am
Watched these replays yesterday. I don't recall seeing that before either.

You know the track will do everything humanly possible to avoid calling dead heats.  That second one, the photo delay was a good 5-7 minutes (about twice as long as the first one).  I'll bet Larry Snyder was examining nostril hairs trying to find something that got there before the other one's did. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.