Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oaklawn Replays

Started by The Hog, January 10, 2013, 06:02:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hog

Does anybody know what channel in LR or DIRECTV the Oaklawn replays will be shown?  When they start?  I can do a search but it does not shown anything on DIRECTV.
Automatic RUN!

hogoffate

I think they are only on a cable show and replayed that night and the next morning.

I know I have to watch the replays on Twinspires if I want to see them.  Which leads to further queston of why doesn't Oaklawn have the free service of watching replays.  You can watch any NYRA race replay for free, pan shot and head on.  And other tracks like Gulfstream and Churchill Downs have the service also.

Come on Oaklawn, put your replays on the web for free !!!

HawgFan70

Lots of tracks have replays on the Horse Races Now app. Not Oaklawn
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

mckinneyhog5

I thought they showed them late at night on HRTV on the day the races took place.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

The Hog

I sent David Longinotti an email asking about the replays in Little Rock.  They will be on channel 42 (KARZ) at 11:00 PM the night of the race.  The show will be archived on www.arkansasmatters.com.

I know on DIRECTV at 11:00 PM, channel 42 they are not showing as Oaklawn Today/Replays.  It show AR Sport Natiion.  I guess I will find out tonight.

Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 10, 2013, 07:45:51 pm
I thought they showed them late at night on HRTV on the day the races took place.
DIRECTV does not carry HRTV. I use to subscribe to HRTV and watch online but I did not view races that much on my computer so I dropped it.  HRTV will carry Oaklawn races live.  Last year they were on TVG.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Quote from: HawgFan70 on January 10, 2013, 04:07:57 pm
Lots of tracks have replays on the Horse Races Now app. Not Oaklawn
I exchanged a few emails with Kenny McPeek about the app.  They are working diligently to expand their coverage and features of the app.  Evidently there are legal issues they have to overcome and contract arrangements the tracks have with other media outlets.  I love the app and use it a lot.
Automatic RUN!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: The Hog on January 11, 2013, 06:06:39 am
DIRECTV does not carry HRTV. I use to subscribe to HRTV and watch online but I did not view races that much on my computer so I dropped it.  HRTV will carry Oaklawn races live.  Last year they were on TVG.
I know, that's why I have Dish.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hogoffate

I checked on arkansasmatters.com this morning and didn't see any archive of the show.
Did I just miss it or was it not on there?

HawgWild

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 11, 2013, 09:17:12 am
I know, that's why I have Dish.

I recorded the replays yesterday on DirecTV, channel 42 @ 11:00 pm.

The Hog

Quote from: HawgWild on January 12, 2013, 09:54:33 am
I recorded the replays yesterday on DirecTV, channel 42 @ 11:00 pm.
It is showing up as you said.  Friday night it was something else. I recorded Fridays races on Saturday night since Saturdays card was cancelled.
Automatic RUN!

HawgWild

Yeah, I was a little surprised when I went in to watch Friday's show and somthing else was on. I did catch the Friday replays on Saturday.

I tell you, they need to get their stuff together on the production end for this show. I was terrible. No race call only crowd noise on a couple of races. One race showed the same name for all the horses. Bad, bad, bad.

Bozo did better!

The Hog

Quote from: HawgWild on January 14, 2013, 05:09:14 pm
Yeah, I was a little surprised when I went in to watch Friday's show and somthing else was on. I did catch the Friday replays on Saturday.

I tell you, they need to get their stuff together on the production end for this show. I was terrible. No race call only crowd noise on a couple of races. One race showed the same name for all the horses. Bad, bad, bad.

Bozo did better!
The production team did a bad job.  Lets see if they step up and improve drastically.  The folks advertising had some very good produced commercials.
Automatic RUN!

HawgWild

You'd think that after this many years they'd have this down by now. David Bell was doing a great show back in the 1980's. Why the regression?

hogoffate

Quote from: The Hog on January 11, 2013, 06:02:27 am
I sent David Longinotti an email asking about the replays in Little Rock.  They will be on channel 42 (KARZ) at 11:00 PM the night of the race.  The show will be archived on www.arkansasmatters.com.

I know on DIRECTV at 11:00 PM, channel 42 they are not showing as Oaklawn Today/Replays.  It show AR Sport Natiion.  I guess I will find out tonight.

I've not seen the show archived on there.  Am I missing it or is this incorrect information?

The Hog

Quote from: hogoffate on January 15, 2013, 07:09:36 pm
I've not seen the show archived on there.  Am I missing it or is this incorrect information?

The email did not say when they would start archiving. Just passing info from OP.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Quote from: HawgWild on January 15, 2013, 07:48:25 am
You'd think that after this many years they'd have this down by now. David Bell was doing a great show back in the 1980's. Why the regression?
Sunday nights show was a correction for the Friday races. Sound and video were corrected. It looked like the horses were running faster than actual speed.  The fake crowd and the horses hoof beats they could do without. Sound definitely fake.  I think the camera shots are better than last year.
Automatic RUN!

hogoffate

Quote from: The Hog on January 15, 2013, 07:19:56 pm
The email did not say when they would start archiving. Just passing info from OP.
thanks for the help;
guess there is no hurry with the meet in progress and its already Tuesday after the only day of racing was last Friday, haha

The Hog

Quote from: hogoffate on January 15, 2013, 08:13:32 pm
thanks for the help;
guess there is no hurry with the meet in progress and its already Tuesday after the only day of racing was last Friday, haha
I have it archived on my DVR.  I doubt I watch it again.
Automatic RUN!

HawgFan70

Whatever happened to Bozo?
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

kingoftherapids

The Hog

Quote from: kingoftherapids on January 16, 2013, 01:47:50 am
retired from doing it
How old is Gary?  He is older than me I think.  That is old.
Automatic RUN!