Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horse Player's Christmas; Santa Anita Opening day

Started by songofthesword, December 21, 2012, 07:52:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

I've taken december off and I'm pretty freaking amped about the card so i want to talk about the card that was released today

Note odds haven't been released yet this is just all off my following of the circuit

Race 1: I really like grooven Solo but that's not going out ont he limb of anything.

Race 4: Grade 1 La Brea Steaks for 3YO fillies.. My Miss Arillia is going to be the fav and she probably should be the fav but I Reenesegotzip is really really good going 1 turn. I mean really good. And she is proven over this track whereas MMA lost her last race here albeit a tougher race to a better mare, but still.  Mama Kimbo is good enough to win but wont' get my money she folds against pressure, at least quality pressure

Race 6: It's a maiden special weight race. Bet on Alendar and grab some popcorn. trust me on this one lol. if what i heard / have been hearing is correct Alendar will be the horse racing word of the month this time next week.  I don't know if i was around on this fourm but Baffert has been telling everyone who would listen he had a smart strike colt that could run a hole in the wind. this is that colt. and this is his first start

Race 7: I don't care for Flores but kessabetsi is always a price and she's always right there. i've made some money off her int he past. she will be a price. but she seems to be one that tehy can get to run up to a race and preform.

Race 8: Malibu Grade 1 3YO colts.. I love Drill here. drill is not a high class horse, but he was good enough to beat creative cause at this distance earlier this year, he's a very, very good 1 turn horse that got caught up in horse racing triple crown politics the first half of the year. he's been pointed here and he's going to run his rce. he's better than fed biz who is the now horse at leat going this distance he is.

HogFanInBryant

SOS, I love Drill too in the 8th and am not gonna screw around with exotics....just a big damn WIN ticket.  What are you thinking his odds will be when they load them in the gate?

songofthesword

Fed Biz will be the fav.. but he's (drill) a wiseguy horse so he won't be too high. I'd say 3-1 or 4-1 somewhere in that range.  he's money going 7F but he does have legit questions about going against top flight grade 1 caliber sprinters. 

another thing Julien L is now on this circuit and i am steering clear of him on the downhill which is race 2

SEdrhawg

Quote from: songofthesword on December 21, 2012, 07:52:26 pm
I've taken december off and I'm pretty freaking amped about the card so i want to talk about the card that was released today

Note odds haven't been released yet this is just all off my following of the circuit

Race 1: I really like grooven Solo but that's not going out ont he limb of anything.

Race 4: Grade 1 La Brea Steaks for 3YO fillies.. My Miss Arillia is going to be the fav and she probably should be the fav but I Reenesegotzip is really really good going 1 turn. I mean really good. And she is proven over this track whereas MMA lost her last race here albeit a tougher race to a better mare, but still.  Mama Kimbo is good enough to win but wont' get my money she folds against pressure, at least quality pressure

Race 6: It's a maiden special weight race. Bet on Alendar and grab some popcorn. trust me on this one lol. if what i heard / have been hearing is correct Alendar will be the horse racing word of the month this time next week.  I don't know if i was around on this fourm but Baffert has been telling everyone who would listen he had a smart strike colt that could run a hole in the wind. this is that colt. and this is his first start

Race 7: I don't care for Flores but kessabetsi is always a price and she's always right there. i've made some money off her int he past. she will be a price. but she seems to be one that tehy can get to run up to a race and preform.

Race 8: Malibu Grade 1 3YO colts.. I love Drill here. drill is not a high class horse, but he was good enough to beat creative cause at this distance earlier this year, he's a very, very good 1 turn horse that got caught up in horse racing triple crown politics the first half of the year. he's been pointed here and he's going to run his rce. he's better than fed biz who is the now horse at leat going this distance he is.

SoS, what are your thoughts on Alendar's race.  I thought he showed flashes of speed but he never looked settled and got a bad ride IMO.