Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What does " Understands Arkansas" & " gets the south "

Started by hogsanity, November 20, 2017, 09:17:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RME

Quote from: hawgon on November 21, 2017, 01:16:42 pm
No, I specifically said as Bert uses it.  Hissy fit?  Surely you jest, son?

I jest Bret Bielema.

He said "woo pig" as he passed.

hawgon

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 21, 2017, 01:17:51 pm
I jest Bret Bielema.

He said "woo pig" as he passed.

Were you at the unemployment office or the bank?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: cjack on November 20, 2017, 09:47:17 am
Didn't Long do the same thing?  He brought in "his kind of people."  He brought in a coach from the north.  He brought in administrative people that were specifically not from Arkansas.  One person remained from Arkansas in admin. under him.  The rest were shown the door.  Were all of those Arkansas people "dumb hillbillies" that are biased and bigots?  Does wanting people that think like the fan base make you a dumb redneck southerner if you're from here and intelligent if you aren't?

From everything I've heard the last 10 years, Long was instructed by the pointy-headed one, John White, who was from this state, BTW, to dismantle the GOBN as a condition of his hiring as AD.

Maybe he took it too far, maybe he threw some babies out with the bathwater in a guilt by association deal, but he was instructed, if not ORDERED to dismantle the GOBN.

He was ham-handed and maybe a bit arrogant in the way he did it and some have spent the last 10 years sharpening their knives so to speak..

I don't disapprove of his firing, however he does deserve some credit for disposing of Hooty and the Murray State Mafia..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hogrocker on November 21, 2017, 10:41:25 am
The Civil War ended in 1865.  It's time for this line of thinking to end, too.

Unfortunately, many in this state and around the South have not received the news yet..

RME

Quote from: hawgon on November 21, 2017, 01:20:24 pm
Were you at the unemployment office or the bank?

Believe it or not, he was walking down Pennsylvania Ave here in D.C.

I think he might be interviewing for the HC gig at Georgetown.

hawgon

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 21, 2017, 01:20:52 pm
From everything I've heard the last 10 years, Long was instructed by the pointy-headed one, John White, who was from this state, BTW, to dismantle the GOBN as a condition of his hiring as AD.

Maybe he took it too far, maybe he threw some babies out with the bathwater in a guilt by association deal, but he was instructed, if not ORDERED to dismantle the GOBN.

He was ham-handed and maybe a bit arrogant in the way he did it and some have spent the last 10 years sharpening their knives so to speak..

I don't disapprove of his firing, however he does deserve some credit for disposing of Hooty and the Murray State Mafia..

That all might be so, but he was a tone deaf SOB not to read the tea leaves when John White got shoved out the door.

hawgon

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 21, 2017, 01:22:51 pm
Believe it or not, he was walking down Pennsylvania Ave here in D.C.

I think he might be interviewing for the HC gig at Georgetown.
m

Since I don't think they have football, I say it would be a great job for him.

RME

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgon on November 21, 2017, 11:57:56 am
The uniforms was the one thing Petrino did.  Otherwise, he did little marketing.  He just won and he acted like he expected to win and that Arkansas was expected to win.

Win.  We don’t need to do anything else.

Exactly. Petrino wasn't hired to do anything but run a clean program and win.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Kevin

you need to go most every county in the state during the spring. You need to speak to people even though you don't want to. See people as people not money.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hawgon on November 21, 2017, 01:03:48 pm
From a nonsensical question.  But, yes, "woo pig" as used by Bielema should never be uttered again.  The Yankee didn't even say it right.

If the guy had won enough games, nobody outside of a rubber room would care! At least he TRIED to fit in! It hasn't worked for him, he's on his way out.

Let's get a coach who can WIN and leave crap like that to Hog farmers..

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hawgon on November 21, 2017, 01:23:27 pm
That all might be so, but he was a tone deaf SOB not to read the tea leaves when John White got shoved out the door.

We can agree on that

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 20, 2017, 10:22:52 am
From the keyboard of those oh so tolerant non-bigoted and non-biased and holier-than-thou folks.

Bias and bigotry are everywhere, but we down here have plenty of holier-than-thou types as well

Cinco de Hogo

It simply mean that down here football is a religion and you had better win at it.  That's all!

AirWarren

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 21, 2017, 01:58:00 pm
Bias and bigotry are everywhere, but we down here have plenty of holier-than-thou types as well

Yes. Because we know holier than thoughs only exist in the south.

Massachusetts and California are full of them.