Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dorian Gerald

Started by Brian Weaver, February 05, 2018, 08:46:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hogindasticks on February 08, 2018, 07:38:16 pm
I like Billy Ferrells film better.

Completely different positions and players. Ferrell bigger and quicker. Gerald is longer and greater speed off the edge

Hogindasticks

Yup, but I like his film better.

WoooPigSooieShane

Quote from: ArkRazr on February 08, 2018, 08:17:16 pm
I'd say this is an excellent sign!

Or calling to say he's signing elsewhere...But yeah hopefully you're right and I'm not.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on February 08, 2018, 08:24:01 pm
Or calling to say he's signing elsewhere...But yeah hopefully you're right and I'm not.

That would be kind of a buzzkill, taking a call in the middle of your recruiting highlight program only to find all you won was "Miss Congeniality"...
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on February 08, 2018, 08:24:01 pm

Did he smile when he got off the phone?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Hogginintheville on February 08, 2018, 06:09:11 pm
Was the silent visitor we had last weekend

Any idea who this was? Can you give a hint?

SooieGeneris

JC Shurburtt is a national guy on 24/7 who formerly was based in SC, which is Gerald's home state.

https://247sports.com/User/JC%20Shurburtt/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.

imtad16

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 08, 2018, 08:51:05 pm
JC Shurburtt is a national guy on 24/7 who formerly was based in SC, which is Gerald's home state.

https://247sports.com/User/JC%20Shurburtt/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.

He predicted today at 2:19 p.m. that combined with the call tonight is a good sign.

HOGKING

Was he announcing tonight?

imtad16

Quote from: HOGKING on February 08, 2018, 09:14:19 pm
Was he announcing tonight?

Tomorrow at 6 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. CST

SpineHog

I was at Signing Day In The Rock when CCM took the phone call. It *looked* to me like the whole thing was orchestrated by CCM & Chief.

Morris was giving some intro to the class & Chavis walked up on stage with his phone & said something to the effect of 'yeah, he's on the phone.' Morris took it & tried (unsuccessfully) to put him on speakerphone. He held up the phone to the crowd to let Gerald hear the crowd call the Hogs (and it was a good loud call) then said 'yeah I'll call you later tonight.'

After getting off, CCM said 'we're really excited about the 16 we have now & 17 we'll have tomorrow, I mean hopefully we'll have a 17th tomorrow.' It didn't sound like a 'cross our fingers' kinda statement, it sounded confident, like he was already counting him in the final tally but had to correct himself since he wasn't signed yet.

Not trying to escalate hopes too much. I wasn't optimistic about Gerald with what I've read about him, but tonight Coach seemed to act as though he's planning on him joining the fold tomorrow.

The Hawg Marshal

colbs

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 08, 2018, 07:58:23 pm
Completely different positions and players. Ferrell bigger and quicker. Gerald is longer and greater speed off the edge
Competition is a big difference too.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 08, 2018, 11:51:23 pm
Gerald is all Hog!

Dude don't do this to me. You know this for sure?

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

GO

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 09, 2018, 12:05:41 am
Dude don't do this to me. You know this for sure?

lol it's been proven his sources ain't all that. That said I tend to lean his way this time and I have zero sources.

Pinto

I'll believe it when i see it. Andrew Parker staying with us may have used all of our blessing from Hog Heaven. Coach Morris and his staff might be the real deal if the pull this one off in such a short span...

hogcrazy2206

All crystal ball picks this morning to aggies :puke:

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogcrazy2206 on February 09, 2018, 09:37:45 am
All crystal ball picks this morning to aggies :puke:

When pokey speaks in assurance for the hogs, dude bats .000

parallaxpig

This guy maybe the best I've seen at keeping people guessing.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

colbs

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 09, 2018, 09:42:41 am
Knew he wasn't coming as soon as he said he's 100% Hog.

liljo

C'mon DG!

You can be a legend here, man. We need you.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogmolar

CCM better hope he commits. If not he might have set everyone up for a big disappointment.

Ray_Finkle

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 09, 2018, 09:42:41 am
maybe you should check my posts. im right way more often than wrong. you cant even name 3 times ive been wrong.

When y'all get thru, but this myth to bed and pop dem bottles, beeches!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 09:52:04 am
Knew he wasn't coming as soon as he said he's 100% Hog.
there you go again, adding %'s, which i dont ever do. the sun coming up aint 100% , bruh.

colbs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:10:49 am
there you go again, adding %'s, which i dont ever do. the sun coming up aint 100% , bruh.
Saying someone is all Hog is pretty much like saying someone is 100% Hog.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:09:59 am
maybe you should check my posts. im right way more often than wrong. you cant even name 3 times ive been wrong.

C'mon Pokey... Err body's gotta be known for something. Me? I'm the absolute funniest dude here. You? The Mike Norvell Kiss of death... Just own it pigga. ;)
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 11:21:36 am
C'mon Pokey... Err body's gotta be known for something. Me? I'm the absolute funniest dude here. You? The Mike Norvell Kiss of death... Just own it pigga. ;)
i aint mad, i get a kick out of it. Why would I ever post like I do if I cared what they think lol. At any rate, it's not like I have a source on Dorian Gerald lol. Other than HIM saying it last night.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 11:19:05 am
Saying someone is all Hog is pretty much like saying someone is 100% Hog.
not really. It's saying "I think we got him". I never say 100%, b/c nothing ever is. In fact, he could change his mind an hour from now, who knows. But as of LAST NIGHT, he WAS all Hog and I think he'll be committing today.

I say "He is all hog" to get a rise outta y'all.

Hogforlife

Quote from: hogmolar on February 09, 2018, 10:59:33 am
CCM better hope he commits. If not he might have set everyone up for a big disappointment.

Has CCM broken the rules and talked about this recruit?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogforlife on February 09, 2018, 11:37:21 am
Has CCM broken the rules and talked about this recruit?
nope. nobody said his name at all. Just that he was a playmaker. But, DG retweeted it and in the comments was saying it was him.

colbs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:34:23 am
not really. It's saying "I think we got him". I never say 100%, b/c nothing ever is. In fact, he could change his mind an hour from now, who knows. But as of LAST NIGHT, he WAS all Hog and I think he'll be committing today.

I say "He is all hog" to get a rise outta y'all.
We just like messing with you!  You have to know we are going to give you some crap for awhile about the Norvell thing. 

I was at the event last night and I never heard him say he was all Hog. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 11:42:02 am
We just like messing with you!  You have to know we are going to give you some crap for awhile about the Norvell thing. 

I was at the event last night and I never heard him say he was all Hog.
he didnt then, we'll see in a few minutes tho!

If you ever stop giving me crap about norvell ill be shocked. It's all good. Most of us know damn well what happened there and most of us are totally cool with Coach Morris.

A bunch of crystal balls coming in for aggie now so some of you may get your wish.

Hogforlife

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:38:10 am
nope. nobody said his name at all. Just that he was a playmaker. But, DG retweeted it and in the comments was saying it was him.

I don't see where DG says it was him on Twitter. All I saw was Shhhh it's a secret. What I want know is, how will CCM set up everybody for a disappointment if DG does not sign with the Hogs.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogforlife on February 09, 2018, 11:50:12 am
I don't see where DG says it was him on Twitter. All I saw was Shhhh it's a secret.
why leave out the laugh/crying emojis? that is what tells you it was him. I get what you are saying, but, it was him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:09:59 am

Devin White
Mike Norvell
Really?  There are more, plenty more.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 09, 2018, 11:57:27 am
Devin White
Mike Norvell
Really?  There are more, plenty more.
i beg to differ on devin white. i was absolutely correct. I said "IF he plays RB in college it will be at Arkansas". Well, he was all-sec at LINEBACKER, so, I was right and SO WAS HE no go there over committing to Bert's ass.
was right on whaley and he was a uga commit at the time.
was right on petrino when he was a falcon at the time.
was right on merrick when he was 100% crystal ball to FSU at the time.
These are just some super long shots. Oh, and I made $200 head up on the Eagles ffs.

I am not like most on here afraid of anything bold AND INCLINED TO THINK the HOGS will fail all the damn time like a lot of you timid dudes.
Feel free to carry on with your bias.

Hogforlife

I really hope he does sign with us because he would be an immediate impact player for the Hogs. WPS

colbs

I don't see where DG says it was him on Twitter. All I saw was Shhhh it's a secret. What I want know is, how will CCM set up everybody for a disappointment if DG does not sign with the Hogs.
It was him.  I don't think he was setting up anyone for disappointment.  He was trying to land a big time DE.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You cannot set up anyone for disappointment after the fact. I think you meant, Why did CCM set everybody up for disappointment?... I believe that the guy is smart enough and the recruit is committed enough that it was a not so subtle way of celebrating with a recruiting event crowd the direction that the program is headed. CCM IS making it fun to be a Razorback again.

colbs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:45:20 am
he didnt then, we'll see in a few minutes tho!

If you ever stop giving me crap about norvell ill be shocked. It's all good. Most of us know damn well what happened there and most of us are totally cool with Coach Morris.

A bunch of crystal balls coming in for aggie now so some of you may get your wish.
I hope he does come.  I wouldn't be on here if I didn't want him to come.  I thought it was a good sign he called last night but also cautious about it.  Plus the picks for A&M doesn't look good.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogforlife on February 09, 2018, 12:00:41 pm
I really hope he does sign with us because he would be an immediate impact player for the Hogs. WPS
Me , too. can you image our NASCAR lineup now?! (Thats the four DEs for 3rd down pass plays)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 12:04:57 pm
I hope he does come.  I wouldn't be on here if I didn't want him to come.  I thought it was a good sign he called last night but also cautious about it.  Plus the picks for A&M doesn't look good.
the crystal balls make you wonder if there is something we missed, huh? Damnit. The gaggies are KILLING it this week. Maybe it's just assumed he's going to Aggie b/c of that momentum they have.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogforlife on February 09, 2018, 12:00:41 pm
Given the guys we just signed, who we have on campus and the fact that this guy is THE #1 stunna from JC our defensive line will move close to the top of the SEC... That's right I said it. We would HAVE to be top 4, and in a conference of 14 that's close to the top.