Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team you root for the most after the Hogs (college or pro)

Started by hogz11, September 22, 2016, 09:57:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

Any sport.

For me it's the Dallas Cowboys. Followed them since the 90's when I was a kid.

That being said, I don't have a team loyalty that's on the same planet with the Razorbacks. Seeing the Cowboys win is nice but it doesn't compare to seeing the Hogs win.

bondhue

WVU.  Lived there for a few years.  Good people.  Good memories.  Major Harris.  But Hogs always #1.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

1. Hogs
2. Packers
3. Wisconsin Badgers (grad school)
4. Iowa Hawkeyes (grad school)
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

PorkRinds

Not being a fan of any pro team all that much, I usually just follow the teams that ex hogs play for if they're getting playing time. I love watching any college football game but I usually just root for the team I hate the least.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bogghawg

Everything else is such a distant second as to not matter, but I guess if it were anyone it is Oklahoma State.  Mostly because I have lived in Oklahoma for 17 years, I am a sucker for underdogs, and it annoys all my OU friends.  And I haven't cared about the NFL since I lost the Houston Oilers.  Now I just root for former Razorbacks on a game by game basis.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

NuttinItUp

My second favorite team is anyone playing Texas.

My third favorite team is anyone playing OU.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HiggiePiggy

I guess Nebraska.  I lived there in their glory days. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LZH

Alabama..... and now of course my adopted state's flagship program (arguably), the Florida Gators.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogz11 on September 22, 2016, 09:57:19 pm
Any sport.

For me it's the Dallas Cowboys. Followed them since the 90's when I was a kid.

That being said, I don't have a team loyalty that's on the same planet with the Razorbacks. Seeing the Cowboys win is nice but it doesn't compare to seeing the Hogs win.
Yeah me 2 but it has been since the 70s when I was a kid! Punk kid ;D
Boys are definitely next, followed by my Lakers and Dodgers. But I have never been as passionate about any like my Hogs! Matter of fact those others can lose for infinity as long my hogs are winning football, basketball, and baseball games/championships.

RaisinHog

St. Louis Cardinals are pretty equal to my razorbacks addiction

Professor Psychosis

PossumFan

Virginia. Moved to the Old Dominion from Arkansas 30 years ago and decided to pull for Virginia over Cousin Eddie (Va Tech) because I loved George Welsh. Pros: The Redskins. Got sick of the Cowboys when I lived in Arkansas and decided to go 180 degrees the other ways, embracing the great "fun bunch" teams of the '80s. Have continued to love the 'Skins even through the bad times, which have been plentiful.

Birminghog

The St. Louis Cardinals, for as long as I can remember (55 or so years). Summer nights getting clear channel radio from KMOX.

air

Smalltownhog95

Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

cbhawg03

AirForceHog

I'd have to say Atlanta Braves and Washington Redskins.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

hoglady

There are 3 teams in sports that are my teams - always have been and always will be.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Boston Red Sox
New Orleans Saints.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Cinco de Hogo

Any team that plays the national anthem and salutes the flag.  The rest I could care less about including any team with Arkansas players on it.  Haha but then I don't watch pro sports anyway.  Man what a colossal waste of time!

Razorbacks all the way...until they don't play the National Anthem and salute the flag. 

RoaminHawg

1st-Nebraska Cornhuskers(Graduated High School in Nebraska)
2nd-Any team playing against any Florida team

sickboy

I'm a mixed bag. I was born in Chicago. Raised in Arkansas and have lived in LA for 11 years.

1. Arkansas Razorbacks - football
2. Arkansas Razorbacks - basketball
3. LA Rams
4. Chicago Blackhawks
5. LA Galaxy
6. Chicago Bulls
7. LA Doyers

Hog Villager

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 23, 2016, 12:22:17 am
Any team that plays the national anthem and salutes the flag.  The rest I could care less about including any team with Arkansas players on it.  Haha but then I don't watch pro sports anyway.  Man what a colossal waste of time!

Razorbacks all the way...until they don't play the National Anthem and salute the flag.

+1000 agreed
"I may live in a bubble, but it's my bubble and it's painted Hog Red"

Hogwop

NCAA: Michigan, although that's only really been the case for about 5 years or so. Other than that I just root for the team i hate the least. If it's an Arkansas based team or just somewhat local (OSU, Tulsa, Kansas State etc) I will generally pull for them, unless they're playing the Hogs.

NFL: Cowboys mostly due to the fact that I was really starting to get into football when they were winning 3 super bowls in the 90s. Steelers- This was the team my dad always pulled for and after having Barry Foster as I was starting to really watch football didn't hurt any. My dad also pulled for the Chargers, and so, as long as they aren't playing Dallas or Pittsburgh, I tend to pull for them.

NBA: Chicago- Basketball was my first love, firstly for the Razorback basketball team, particularly of the late 80s-mid 90s, and secondly for MJ, Pippen and the Bulls.

MLB- Angels, Royals. The cardinals because I dated a chick that was from Anaheim and she was a big fan. I told her if she roots for the Hogs, I'll root for the Angels and it just kinda stuck. With the Royals it's because the first baseball card I ever had was a George Brett card.

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Albert Einswine

1. ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS

2. New England Patriots. Trey Flowers did some nice work against the Texans last night.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

goodguytex

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 22, 2016, 10:14:19 pm
My second favorite team is anyone playing Texas.

This!!
My favorite pro team are the Dallas cowboys. I'm a bug Texas Rangers fan in pro baseball, I like the Cards too. Basketball my favorite pro team are the Spurs.

As for college football, I really do like Duke University football program. David Cutcliffe is a great coach, and has made that program consistently successful again.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

carolinahogger

Missooie

Hogs
Florida Panthers
Miami Heat
Miami Dolphins
St. Louis Cardinals

hamsam

Steelers since 1976 and Red Sox since 1986. That is all. But I never watch a game without having a feeling of whom I'd prefer to win.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

ATLHog

Having now lived in Georgia longer than Arkansas, the Dawgs rank a close 2nd to the Hogs

JoeyCapital

Stanford. I like how they play the game, and my daughter wants to go to school there.

It's nothing like the hogs, though. I'll watch a Stanford game if I'm not doing anything else and it's the best game on at the moment. I literally plan my Saturday's around the hogs games.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

holeinthewall

ocsm158

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 23, 2016, 04:07:37 am
1-STL Cardinals
1a-Pittsburgh Steelers

Should've added them.  I was named after Mike Shannon, although my mom wanted to spell it different...or that's what she says anyway...

BTW, get ready for the wrath of Lanny :)
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

bob slydell

I'm an ASU alum so I would say I root for them almost as much as the Hogs.

My oldest son just started his freshman year at Univ of South Carolina, so I'd have to say I root for them as well.

My youngest is a 10th grader and he says that he want to go to LSU. I will never root for LSU and I will definitely start playing favorites.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: RoaminHawg on September 23, 2016, 12:54:29 am
1st-Nebraska Cornhuskers(Graduated High School in Nebraska)
2nd-Any team playing against any Florida team

Where at and what year?  I went to bellvue west high school for my freshman year before I moved to Arkansas in 96.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Fighting Petrino's Bobby that is.

Steelers since first game at old three rivers. 1977
Let's make some waves.

Wild Bill Hog

hoglady

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on September 25, 2016, 02:52:42 pm
CFB:  Louisville
NFL:  Saints
MLB:  Braves

Red Sox fan, but I used to love to come home and watch the Braves on TBS while cooking supper.
Glavine, Smoltz and Maddox what a rotation - I can remember Chipper Jones and Andrew Young's first at bats.
I fell in love with those Braves teams - some of my fondest baseball memories.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

phadedhawg

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

10thPlanet

1. Hogs any sport or gender they participate.
2. Air Force
3. Notre Dame
4. NBA Celtics
5. NFL Chiefs
6. Mopar