Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The ole middle finger!

Started by Cinco de Hogo, September 20, 2016, 03:03:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

That what I feel it was with Miami jumping ten spots.  Voters giving Georgia the middle finger for ditching Richt.  Who had ever heard of a team jumping ten spots for beating a FCS team or whatever they are now.

ricepig

Appalachian St is FBS, Sun Belt.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2016, 03:06:26 pm

Right, I remembered hearing that and went and looked, thanks,  still I don't think it make much difference.  Very few teams jump like that for beating anybody.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 20, 2016, 03:03:15 pm
That what I feel it was with Miami jumping ten spots.  Voters giving Georgia the middle finger for ditching Richt.  Who had ever heard of a team jumping ten spots for beating a FCS team or whatever they are now.

It was a good call for Georgia to get rid of him. I'm not sure that hiring an unproven coach though to replace him was smart. Guess we will see over the next couple of years.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

holeinthewall

Then why is Tenn ranked where they are App st missed a PAT and a Fg or they would have beat Tenn at Tenn. Miami went to App st and blew them off there own turf 45-10 in dominating fashion.  That is why Miami jumped 10 spots.

Just curious how many games the average poster on here watches.   You might want to watch more than the Arkansas game each week.  Throw in the fact Miami is still loaded with talent and now has a coaching staff that actually runs effective  schemes.

Richt was kept from coaching QB or calling plays at UGA by the AD. He is soing both now at Miami.  He wore out App st soft D Saturday.

bob slydell

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2016, 03:06:26 pm

Beating up on a Sun Belt team shouldn't have moved them 10 spots either. But this will all get sorted out when conference play kicks off in earnest.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: holeinthewall on September 21, 2016, 09:02:42 am
Then why is Tenn ranked where they are App st missed a PAT and a Fg or they would have beat Tenn at Tenn. Miami went to App st and blew them off there own turf 45-10 in dominating fashion.  That is why Miami jumped 10 spots.

Just curious how many games the average poster on here watches.   You might want to watch more than the Arkansas game each week.  Throw in the fact Miami is still loaded with talent and now has a coaching staff that actually runs effective  schemes.

Richt was kept from coaching QB or calling plays at UGA by the AD. He is soing both now at Miami.  He wore out App st soft D Saturday.

Didn't we all think Tenner was overrated before the season even started?  But that's a different question.  By the way why is Tenner ranked so high?

clutch

Quote from: holeinthewall on September 21, 2016, 09:02:42 am

App St. might be an alright Sunbelt team, but that's about it. That's Miami's best win. Their other two are Florida A&M and Florida Atlantic. I agree with the others. Just because Tenn, struggled with App St. and Miami handled them easily shouldn't mean that Miami jumps 10 spots in the polls. If we would have beaten La. Tech by the same score I doubt we would have jumped 10 spots and it would be a better win. 2 of Arkansas's 3 wins are more impressive than 2 of Miami's wins.

No, I'm not trying to say the polls hate Arkansas or that Arkansas is getting screwed. Just that it seems that there was too much weight put into a relatively mediocre win against App St.

holeinthewall

Quote from: clutch on September 21, 2016, 06:40:08 pm
App St. might be an alright Sunbelt team, but that's about it. That's Miami's best win. Their other two are Florida A&M and Florida Atlantic. I agree with the others. Just because Tenn, struggled with App St. and Miami handled them easily shouldn't mean that Miami jumps 10 spots in the polls. If we would have beaten La. Tech by the same score I doubt we would have jumped 10 spots and it would be a better win. 2 of Arkansas's 3 wins are more impressive than 2 of Miami's wins.

No, I'm not trying to say the polls hate Arkansas or that Arkansas is getting screwed. Just that it seems that there was too much weight put into a relatively mediocre win against App St.
Let's go week by week. Miami was 25 after week 1 Arkansas unranked. Week 2 Miami stays at 25 Arkansas enters the poll after a win at TCU ahead of Miami I am assuming everyone is ok with that?  Week 3 Miami beats the team picked to win the Sun Belt on the road and Arkansas beat the team picked to finish last in the Sun Belt by relatively the same scores in relatively the same fashion. Jumped on them early and cruised in the 2nd half.   Arkansas jumps 7 spots Miami Jumps 10.   Regardless polls don't matter right now wins do. If Arkansas beat A2M this week it will be another 7 spot jump depending on what other teams do. Miami is off this week so will only move based on teams losing or looking bad just in front of them.  You want to question the polls question how Ole Miss and Oklahoma are ranked with a losing record.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: holeinthewall on September 22, 2016, 03:45:42 am
Let's go week by week. Miami was 25 after week 1 Arkansas unranked. Week 2 Miami stays at 25 Arkansas enters the poll after a win at TCU ahead of Miami I am assuming everyone is ok with that?  Week 3 Miami beats the team picked to win the Sun Belt on the road and Arkansas beat the team picked to finish last in the Sun Belt by relatively the same scores in relatively the same fashion. Jumped on them early and cruised in the 2nd half.   Arkansas jumps 7 spots Miami Jumps 10.   Regardless polls don't matter right now wins do. If Arkansas beat A2M this week it will be another 7 spot jump depending on what other teams do. Miami is off this week so will only move based on teams losing or looking bad just in front of them.  You want to question the polls question how Ole Miss and Oklahoma are ranked with a losing record.

Your taking this to serious, just read the title and have a little fun.  I still think that's whst the voters were doing. 😉  we all know polls early in the season are a joke right?