Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Big....Errrrr.....Little 12 Is Really BAD!!!!!

Started by Vantage 8 dude, September 18, 2016, 02:24:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Man, not sure I've ever seen a conference that across the board has fallen so far, so fast. From one of the biggest preseason favorites-Oklahoma-already having gone down in flames (and not even really competitively) twice, another possible contender in TCU having lost in OT last weekend and now Texass having gone out to Cal and laid a major egg (despite the controversy/debate over whether or not the fumble by the Cal player late in the game should have been counted). At this point the "leader in the club house" is Baylor, which as we know has more than a few scandals and issues of their own.

Would really be interesting if Okie State actually turned out to be the eventual front runner of the title. Imagine IF OSU were to win out and be sitting with one loss, as tainted as that was. IMO for the NC Selection Committee to seriously consider the 'Pokes for a berth in the playoffs it would take a monumental collapse by other P5 conference teams, as well as Houston, to even give the league any ghost of a chance to return to the playoffs this year.

At this point things are a major mess for those yokels.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 18, 2016, 02:24:55 pm

At this point things are a major mess for those yokels.

This distillate is it to a tee! LOL!  :)

::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

Pretty much everything soooo true but just think, if we were a member we would be starting to get serious consideration as conference champs and maybe have a shot at the final 4.  Instead, we are hopeful of coming in above 4th in the SEC-W.

Foozzball

Any of their 1 loss teams still have a shot at the playoff.  Baylor is still undefeated

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 12247 on September 18, 2016, 02:48:41 pm
Pretty much everything soooo true but just think, if we were a member we would be starting to get serious consideration as conference champs and maybe have a shot at the final 4.  Instead, we are hopeful of coming in above 4th in the SEC-W.

If we were a member of the Big 12 we would be whispering sweet nothings into the SECs ear. The Big Whatever is toast.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

hawginbigd1

Problem is they have been a joke for years..... Nothing new as long as they continue to play themselves and the weak pac12 they can stay in the conversation.

Sir Oinksalot

.....there are three main reasons we are in the SEC - prestige, money, and the fact that we HAVE to be a better football team to survive here ... And, whether anyone
likes it or not we are a much better Arkansas football team now than

when we entered the SEC because had to be. Being in the 12
wouldn't have forced us to get better to the degree

it has ....imho...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

HamHands

If we were a member of the Sun Belt, I bet we would go undefeated! Hell yea!!!
One day at a time.

Porked Tongue

September 18, 2016, 04:09:10 pm #8 Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:51:52 pm by Porked Tongue
No teams in the current Top 15 for first time since their expansion.

Hoggish1

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hawginbigd1

Hogarusa

If Hogs were in the B12, they would be a B12 type team.
You dont get to carry over the SEC stuff
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hawghiggs

GoHogs1091

All is not lost for the Big 12.  Texas Tech defeated LaTech worse than we did (14 pts.vs. 1 pt.).  :)

Seriously though, that Conference now has a lot of problems.  They need to get Defense figured out, because ever since a particular Defensive Coordinator left that Conference in January 2012, there has been zero Defense played in the Big 12.

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Grunt

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 18, 2016, 04:08:30 pm
.....there are three main reasons we are in the SEC - prestige, money, and the fact that we HAVE to be a better football team to survive here ... And, whether anyone
likes it or not we are a much better Arkansas football team now than

when we entered the SEC because had to be. Being in the 12
wouldn't have forced us to get better to the degree

it has ....imho...
Yes.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

hobhog

Surely Stoops is feeling some heat over there by now.....

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hobhog on September 18, 2016, 05:55:34 pm

I went over and looked at a couple of their message boards.  They said since Stoops is such buddy-buddy with David Boren and also buddy-buddy with the A.D., that Stoops is safe, and he will leave when he wants to.

chenalhog

Quote from: hobhog on September 18, 2016, 05:55:34 pm
they were in playoffs last year. stupid statement

tlmack

Radio station here in Houston reported Oklahoma,Okie State and one other school voted for no expansion. Oklahoma doesn't want Houston for recruiting reasons. Texas says they want expansion but I don't believe it They would rather be big fish in a small pond and want to control everything like always.

davglo35

Oklahoma has the players they just haven't executed at all. Against OSU they drive down miss a FG first thing. Drop passes and get down 14 and panic. Throw picks and just fall apart. The little 12 was theirs for the taking but they didn't want it.

Foozzball

And just think, Arkansas barely beat TCU and would probably go 6-6 in the Big 12 this year and will probably be 6-6 in the SEC

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Foozzball on September 19, 2016, 08:42:54 pm
And just think, Arkansas barely beat TCU and would probably go 6-6 in the Big 12 this year and will probably be 6-6 in the SEC
I hate it when you have that many conference games.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

holeinthewall

The entire expansion was to get the network money to kick in. If they are not expanding I'm thinking OU is looking at a conference move. Hell they can pretty much go to any other conference with there location especially if they bring OSU ( strictly for the two teams in one location for travel purposes) with them.   I still think Texas goes Pac 10 at some point