Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most idiotic mistake I can think of...

Started by Augustus, September 18, 2016, 02:24:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

Not sure if any stayed up to watch the finish of the Texas v Cal game, but it happened again. 

A player broke a 54 yard run for a sure Touchdown, only to drop the ball right before the plane.  (What was even more bizarre was the Refs call after that)

An OU player also did it today, I believe.  I guess it's cool to try to drop it as close as you can?

I really hope Coach B teaches the Hogs to finish 100%, and either hand or toss the ball to the Ref. I think I remember him talking about that with Collins, but wasn't that more because of TD celebration?  Bret said "give the ball to the Ref, get off the field"?

https://twitter.com/espn/status/777396822532845569

Fatmanhog

The more idiotic mistake was Texass punting the ball with like 2:00 left. I didn't understand that either.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

The Pocahontas Porker

To be honest, he should have never tried to score once he got the1st down on therun-- he should have slid down because the Shorthorns where out of timeouts . If he scores Texas can get the ball back score a quick touchdown recover an onside kick and probably throw a Hail Mary at least this way they never get the ball back
The Pitt Boss ,  The Muss Bus , The DVH Wagon . Coach Diefel , Coach Taylor , Coach Wieber an Coach McMakin life is great on the hill .

alohawg

Yeah never heard the "no immediate recovery" excuse before. A texass player did pick up the ball in the end zone so..... Oh' well, you'll never see me shed a tear for texass.  :puke:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Augustus

Quote from: Fatmanhog on September 18, 2016, 02:38:26 am
The more idiotic mistake was Texass punting the ball with like 2:00 left. I didn't understand that either.

Yeah, that's a good point... I was wondering what the darn Charlie was thinking by punting... his defense was sucking hard.  Not sure how he thought they were gonna make a stop & get the ball back

alohawg

Quote from: Fatmanhog on September 18, 2016, 02:38:26 am

I'm sure texass fans <spit> were wondering the same thing, lol.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

GS99

After the Clemson guy did it last week, and the Utah St guy last year, I thought every team will drill it into their guys to hold onto the ball and run it through the back of the end zone and certainly nobody would be stupid enough to do it this week.

But they are stupid enough. Twice yesterday.

Do these guys not watch TV?

You'd think teams would instruct their guys to watch for this on breakaway plays and pick up the ball and run it back like Oregon did last year.

GS99

Quote from: alohawg on September 18, 2016, 02:40:42 am
Yeah never heard the "no immediate recovery" excuse before. A texass player did pick up the ball in the end zone so..... Oh' well, you'll never see me shed a tear for texass.  :puke:

Seems like when this has happened before, it's a touchback and the other team gets the ball at the 20. Just like when a guy dives for the pylon but fumbles it before he crosses the goal and it goes out of bounds in the endzone.

The_Iceman

On Ryan Pulley's pick six, he didn't drop the bad til he was in the back of the end zone.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

EastexHawg

The obsession with dropping the ball within one inch of crossing (or not crossing) the goal line is one of the dumbest and most selfish fads I have ever seen.  Coaches have the power to stop it by sitting guys on the bench the rest of the season.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Augustus on September 18, 2016, 02:24:13 am
Not sure if any stayed up to watch the finish of the Texas v Cal game, but it happened again. 

A player broke a 54 yard run for a sure Touchdown, only to drop the ball right before the plane.  (What was even more bizarre was the Refs call after that)

An OU player also did it today, I believe.  I guess it's cool to try to drop it as close as you can?

I really hope Coach B teaches the Hogs to finish 100%, and either hand or toss the ball to the Ref. I think I remember him talking about that with Collins, but wasn't that more because of TD celebration?  Bret said "give the ball to the Ref, get off the field"?

https://twitter.com/espn/status/777396822532845569

Kids today always drop the ball!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Buff

I hope Bret tells our guys to hold on to the ball until the refs are ready to spot it for the P.A.T.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 19, 2016, 09:26:11 pm
It's a good day when you can write idiotic mistake and Texas in the same sentence. 

Well wasn't really much of a mistake by Texas on that play. A bad call by the refs though in saying it was down at the one instead of Texas getting the ball with a chance to drive the field to tie or take the lead.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 20, 2016, 09:37:03 pm
It just felt right Higgie....
Lol yeah. It is nice seeing Texas lose. Especially after how far they were put up in the polls for beating notre dame.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?