Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville Rank?

Started by IllinoisRazorbackFan, September 17, 2016, 08:15:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Any chance they leap Bama to #1?  Beating #2 by that large of a margin makes me wonder?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IllinoisRazorbackFan

HiggiePiggy

Top 5. I'm sure Ohio state if they win and possibly Michigan will move up.

Probably be

Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson
Michigan
Louisville
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hoglady

Something's very wrong if they aren't somewhere in the Top 5.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hoglady on September 17, 2016, 09:27:02 pm
Something's very wrong if they aren't somewhere in the Top 5.

It's a pretty big win, but wouldn't surprise me if they are 6th or 7th due to everyone else ahead of them won today except Florida State. 

Foozzball

Louisville is the best team I've seen so far this year.  They also have the best player in CFB

SpanHog

UL should be #2.   Petrino can rot for all I care but Cards deserve all the respect.  They are the best team in the ACC.  Clemson is not anywhere near as good as last year
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

holeinthewall

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 17, 2016, 09:39:26 pm
It's a pretty big win, but wouldn't surprise me if they are 6th or 7th due to everyone else ahead of them won today except Florida State.

That ideology is pure garbage. The rankings should be based on the teams they have beat and not where they were ranked the previous week.  BTW they still have Clemson and Houston to play both on the road so they could be the only team to beat 3 teams ranked in the top 10 in the regular season. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: holeinthewall on September 18, 2016, 03:03:50 am
That ideology is pure garbage. The rankings should be based on the teams they have beat and not where they were ranked the previous week.  BTW they still have Clemson and Houston to play both on the road so they could be the only team to beat 3 teams ranked in the top 10 in the regular season. 

I agree with you, but that's not how they usually do it.  That is why preseason rankings should not be done. Oklahoma will probably still be in the top 25 and that is only because they were preseason top 5.

JOKERHOG

They should clearly be number 2.  Unbelievable performance yesterday and so far this year. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Buff

Bama
OSU
Clemson
Louisville

The Clemson/Louisville ranking will be settled in a couple of weeks.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 16m16 minutes ago

#Clemson will be without DE Austin Bryant (foot) and DB Adrian Baker (knee) this weekend against #Louisville.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

GoHogs1091

Quote from: jbcarol on September 28, 2016, 06:25:43 pm
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 16m16 minutes ago

#Clemson will be without DE Austin Bryant (foot) and DB Adrian Baker (knee) this weekend against #Louisville.

Bryant has been out and he hasn't played any this season.

They have been playing Christian Wilkins, who is 310 lbs., some at the DE position in Bryant's absence.  Wilkins can play any position on the Defensive Line.

Bryant would probably be starting if he wasn't injured, but difficult to say whether Baker would be starting if he wasn't injured.  If I am not mistaken, Baker has also not played any this season.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net