Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't look Bret: There's a Buffalo stampede in Iowa City!

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, September 17, 2016, 02:08:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Locutus_of_Boar

Hogs958

JHicks3636

We just need to watch today's game to see why we shouldn't take anyone for granted. Wisconsin and Tennessse have also struggled.

(notOM)Rebel123

N. Dakota St has won the last 5 FCS Titles. No surprise at this win.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Bubba's Bruisers

NDS is a legit program.  Not surprised.  I'm just glad Iowa will likely be out of the national conversation for a while.  I couldn't give them too many props last season with that schedule.  Yikes.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JamesWParks

Eventually the FBS teams are going to stop scheduling NDSU. They win more than they lost as underdogs on the road against an FBS opponent. No surprise here.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

Hogz87

This shouldn't really shock anyone.  Iowa isn't a top 15 team whose roster is brimming with 4* recruits.  They're kind of a midwest Arkansas type program who just lost the reigning five-time FCS national champs.  I'm sure NDSU would be a top 25-ish FBS program right now.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Brandon72

Why in the world would a power 5 team schedule this team for a so called "rent a win" game????

EulessHog

I wanted to watch this game, but...

Can't take Beth.  I'm not married to her and I don't have to listen to her.  We have choices.

Go Hogs Go!

Wild Bill Hog

BokoBobcat1919

North Carolina is losing to James Madison (where TXST's Everett Withers was hired from this year)

popcornhog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 17, 2016, 02:13:23 pm

It's still a surprise, Iowa was thought to be a legit top 15 FBS team.

But yeah, NDSU is good. Not an absolute shocker.

WPS

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: EulessHog on September 17, 2016, 02:27:03 pm
I wanted to watch this game, but...

Can't take Beth.  I'm not married to her and I don't have to listen to her.  We have choices.

NDSU had 3rd and 3 near the Iowa 20 with no timeouts as the clock wound down to toward the end of the game. Iowa State wanted to run another play.

Beth Mowins: "North Dakota State will have to call a time out as they are not going to have enough time to run a play then spike the ball."

HogMantheIntruder

I don't like it. I'm always worried that Iowa is going to come after CBB at some point. It's one of a very few CFB jobs I could see him leaving for. Anything that may put Ferentz on the hot seat scares me.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 17, 2016, 03:38:35 pm
NDSU had 3rd and 3 near the Iowa 20 with no timeouts as the clock wound down to toward the end of the game. Iowa State wanted to run another play.

Beth Mowins: "North Dakota State will have to call a time out as they are not going to have enough time to run a play then spike the ball."
That was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard from a "professional football commentator" (I use that term lightly).
   -Harry Solomon

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 17, 2016, 03:45:59 pm
I don't like it. I'm always worried that Iowa is going to come after CBB at some point. It's one of a very few CFB jobs I could see him leaving for. Anything that may put Ferentz on the hot seat scares me.

ferentz got a huge extension I think.  He's locked in.  Unless he wants to leave.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 17, 2016, 03:45:59 pm

He's there for the next 10 years, unless corn goes back to $7/bushel and they can buy him out.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2016/09/06/kirk-ferentz-iowa-hawkeyes-gary-barta-big-ten/89907344/

HogMantheIntruder

Thanks Bubba and rice pig. I needed that shot of logic.
   -Harry Solomon

The Kig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 17, 2016, 02:13:23 pm

Wouldn't be a surprise against any team not ranked, but it shouldn't happen vs a ranked team.  Certainly not Citadel or Appalachian State level shocking, but if there is so little separation, do we really need an FCS?
Poker Porker

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Svrdhd

Quote from: The Kig on September 17, 2016, 04:05:47 pm
Wouldn't be a surprise against any team not ranked, but it shouldn't happen vs a ranked team.  Certainly not Citadel or Appalachian State level shocking, but if there is so little separation, do we really need an FCS?
NDSU has been head and shoulders above other FCS programs for several years now, they don't have much competition except when they play FBS schools.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

East TN HAWG

Iowa is the one team that could tempt CBB to leave.  We dont need them losing like this.

Ferentz gets $45 million if he's fired. He's going nowhere.

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

BDSCT51

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 18, 2016, 08:49:41 am
Ndsu 6-0 vs. Last 6 FBS opponents. Those guys can play.

Agreed! NDS came to play yesterday. Top notch execution all game.
Bleeding Razorback Red