Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wishing Bobby Petrino and Louisville nothing but the best this season

Started by Piggie Smalls, September 14, 2016, 08:25:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggie Smalls

To some degree I believe the U of A owes Petrino a debt of gratitude for what he was able to accomplish here in a short period of time. Yes he is a jerk but so is Nick Saban, Petrino just hasn't won a national title yet. If he was still here we might've won a national title by now. Don't get it twisted though, I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired. That's what he gets for being so careless, and frankly, so cheap. Basically he was just trying to pay off his jump off, which I understand, but you can't make the university foot the bill for that, you gotta reach into your own funds. Back to Petrino, because he brought us back to prominence he put us in a position to go after Bielema (if you believe in him- I'm still on the fence). The whole fiasco also brought attention to Jeff Long, and by extension the football program as well. So while I don't actively root for Louisville, I have no ill will towards Petrino, and neither should any Hog fan IMO. I wouldn't even be made if their QB won the Heisman, and unless they play us somewhere down the road, I'll be happy for them. On top of all that they're underdogs anyway, and I like to root for the little guy too.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on September 14, 2016, 08:25:45 pm
To some degree I believe the U of A owes Petrino a debt of gratitude for what he was able to accomplish here in a short period of time. Yes he is a jerk but so is Nick Saban, Petrino just hasn't won a national title yet. If he was still here we might've won a national title by now. Don't get it twisted though, I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired. That's what he gets for being so careless, and frankly, so cheap. Basically he was just trying to pay off his jump off, which I understand, but you can't make the university foot the bill for that, you gotta reach into your own funds. Back to Petrino, because he brought us back to prominence he put us in a position to go after Bielema (if you believe in him- I'm still on the fence). The whole fiasco also brought attention to Jeff Long, and by extension the football program as well. So while I don't actively root for Louisville, I have no ill will towards Petrino, and neither should any Hog fan IMO. I wouldn't even be made if their QB won the Heisman, and unless they play us somewhere down the road, I'll be happy for them. On top of all that they're underdogs anyway, and I like to root for the little guy too.

You are one very confused individual...

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

hawganatic

Seriously???  His selfish behavior led directly to one of the worst periods of Razorback football, ever...

We landed Bielema because of Jeff Long, not because of Petrino. .

Ypu.can't be serious with this..

sickboy

Petrino is a [CENSORED] on an entirely different level than Nick Saban, at this point. Maybe there are some major skeletons in Saban's closet. But Petrino is a scumbag.

But yeah. He did some good things for Arkansas. And probably helped us inch toward where we are today. I don't know. He's probably also responsible for the major dip we took with John L and those years. And made it infinitely harder for Bielema to rebuild the program.

But hey. He did win some games. Sure.

26.2Hog

To some degree I believe the U of A owes Petrino a debt of gratitude for what he was able to accomplish here in a short period of time.

Good grief.  The university of Arkansas did a hell of a lot more for that scumbag than he ever did for the U of A.

Yeah, he's a scumbag.  Always has been. Always will be.

Good by.  Good riddance.

gchamblee

you guys are being trolled lol. guy has 19 posts and creates a pro petrino thread. think it through people.

IllinoisRazorbackFan

A lot of people with the ex girlfriend syndrome.  Petrino wins. Period.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: IllinoisRazorbackFan on September 17, 2016, 11:37:58 am
so does Briles....Nutt...Gus...and many others, guess you would take this a$$hats back too

PP

gchamblee

a lot of people with such low self esteem they would stay with the hot chick that cheats on them all the time simply because they think they cant do better. youll either grow out of it or youll be someones bitch for the rest of your life. the path is yours to choose man. im pullin for ya.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: gchamblee on September 17, 2016, 11:41:52 am
a lot of people with such low self esteem they would stay with the hot chick that cheats on them all the time simply because they think they cant do better. youll either grow out of it or youll be someones bitch for the rest of your life. the path is yours to choose man. im pullin for ya.
hahahahaha

PP

ronmahony

Smith was Petrinos mentor. You ever stop to think that Smith might have made that fiasco of a season on purpose? Because we fired his boy? Makes me wonder.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

10thPlanet

I don't care about his personal life, it's none of my business, never has been. Louisville is well coached, play calling is exciting and brilliant. No, I am not a Louisville fan, never will be, but I do appreciate good college football.

BillyHog53

Boarcephus

Don't plan on getting caught up in this but Louisville has FSU down 21-10 and has the ball on the FSU 23 hardline and looking very easy doing it. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: 10thPlanet on September 17, 2016, 12:16:14 pm
I don't care about his personal life, it's none of my business, never has been. Louisville is well coached, play calling is exciting and brilliant. No, I am not a Louisville fan, never will be, but I do appreciate good college football.
says a lot about your moral compass. As a college coach, it's a part of the package, because they are entrusted by the players parent to teach these kids.....more than football.
He brought his personal life into the limelight by lying, attempting to get a state official to cover up his accident, and not being truthful to his boss. So, excuse away his personal life, it's a "just win baby" attitude that's sad

PP

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

gchamblee

Quote from: 10thPlanet on September 17, 2016, 12:16:14 pm

as a fan of college football i absolutely appreciate how good Louisville is. Lamar Jackson is a Heisman quality QB

bigred223

10thPlanet

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 17, 2016, 12:26:02 pm
says a lot about your moral compass. As a college coach, it's a part of the package, because they are entrusted by the players parent to teach these kids.....more than football.
He brought his personal life into the limelight by lying, attempting to get a state official to cover up his accident, and not being truthful to his boss. So, excuse away his personal life, it's a "just win baby" attitude that's sad

PP
Romans 2:1, Matt 7:1-7:5...
I better check my windows to make sure someone's not peeking in tonight.

10th P

alohawg

Quote from: gchamblee on September 17, 2016, 11:41:52 am

lol, grow a pair!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: alohawg on September 17, 2016, 01:11:55 pm
lol, grow a pair!

She cant. Believe me. Been reading that soft crap he or she rolls out over and over again.
Let's make some waves.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: 10thPlanet on September 17, 2016, 12:45:29 pm

10th P
sorry, don't know verses or own a bible. Not worth my time to google

PP

Foozzball

Lets be honest.  Arkansas football has been in a tail spin ever since Frank fired Ken Hatfield!  There have been moments over the past 25 years but never anything sustained, nothing long term, nothing program building!  Frank thought he could do anything he wanted and when he fired Hatfield and then later Nolan, he screwed the pooch!  Now we all suffer all suffer because the great Frank Broyles, and he was a great coach,  couldn't get out of his own way long enough to let the other coaches have their own success!  Hatfields last 2 years at Arkansas 88-89 were the best back to back years in Arkansas football since the 1960's!  And Frank thought the answer was to FIRE the man who had put us back on the college football map!   We've been screwed ever since!  I hope Bielema is the Answer, and I hope they leave him alone long enough to actually build something worth having!

phadedhawg

We don't own him anything. Yes there was some exciting moments but we paid dearly for them

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: 10thPlanet on September 17, 2016, 12:45:29 pm

10th P

If you have no idea what the proper exegesis of the Bible actually is, do everyone a favor.....don't use it.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

10thPlanet

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 17, 2016, 01:39:08 pm
sorry, don't know verses or own a bible. Not worth my time to google

PP
Trying to help you Pulled. You would be a lot happier understanding we all suck, including you, and I. Google and the Bible are your friends.

gchamblee

Quote from: Foozzball on September 17, 2016, 01:43:25 pm
Lets be honest.  Arkansas football has been in a tail spin ever since Frank fired Ken Hatfield!  There have been moments over the past 25 years but never anything sustained, nothing long term, nothing program building!  Frank thought he could do anything he wanted and when he fired Hatfield and then later Nolan, he screwed the pooch!  Now we all suffer all suffer because the great Frank Broyles, and he was a great coach,  couldn't get out of his own way long enough to let the other coaches have their own success!  Hatfields last 2 years at Arkansas 88-89 were the best back to back years in Arkansas football since the 1960's!  And Frank thought the answer was to FIRE the man who had put us back on the college football map!   We've been screwed ever since!  I hope Bielema is the Answer, and I hope they leave him alone long enough to actually build something worth having!

you didnt use enough"!" nerd

The Kig

Poker Porker

10thPlanet

HogFansReunited

This, wow. Petrino did something stupid and got him a side piece. A lot of other people do the same thing. Petrino never should have pushed to have her on payroll but I highly doubt Long didn't know what was going on. The man is a damn good coach and his personal life should be his business.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

You arse clowns bagging on Bobby sure did love him during the sugar Bowl run, but hey who ever said hog fans are smart and intelligent.   No one
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

JOKERHOG

this game reminds me of Nutt's USC thumping in the LA Colosium.   70-17 I believe
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Dr. Starcs

3kgthog

It's not like BP was left a bed of roses when he took the UL job the second time. Look at them today as they are completely rolling over a top 5 team.

Sure, we've improved our social media street cred and graduation rates under BB, but that's not the reason the UA fields a football team. It's to help market the school, make money, and win games. I still remain doubtful we'll ever reach the heights we were at just a few short years ago.

Ben

some of you guys can continue to sound like butthurt ex-girlfriends, but truth of the matter is petrino is a good coach, and deep down, every single one of you are putting up a front that you could careless about him leaving. Each and everyone of you wish Arkansas was looking as good as Louisville is right now and get frustrated when Louisville does look good. Same with Malzahn in his seasons at Tulsa and Auburn.

Don't forget petrino gave us our 3rd ever back to back 10 win seasons, a BCS bowl appearance, our 2nd ever 11 win season, and only 2 losses in 2011 was to literally the 2 best teams in the nation. All in a 4 year span. You guys were sure in his crotch during those seasons because we are used to being mediocre.

Acting like bitter exes wont make the hogs any better, make you any better of a fan, won't erase the success petrino had in only 4 years, and won't stop him from being successful at Louisville, as seen now. If anything, some of you need to blame your lord and savior frank broyles for Arkansas' karma-caused mediocrity. His disdain towards black QBs is why Ken Hatfield got forced out with grovey, why Malzahn didn stand a chance coaching there, and helped petrino get the boot since he utilizes athletic black QB's.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

DLUXHOG

Could have been the Hogs if BP could have kept his pants zipped....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

IllinoisRazorbackFan

September 17, 2016, 02:47:25 pm #40 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:00:49 pm by IllinoisRazorbackFan
Quote from: Ben on September 17, 2016, 02:42:19 pm
some of you guys can continue to sound like butthurt ex-girlfriends, but truth of the matter is petrino is a good coach, and deep down, every single one of you are putting up a front that you could careless about him leaving. Each and everyone of you wish Arkansas was looking as good as Louisville is right now and get frustrated when Louisville does look good. Same with Malzahn in his seasons at Tulsa and Auburn.

Don't forget petrino gave us our 3rd ever back to back 10 win seasons, a BCS bowl appearance, our 2nd ever 11 win season, and only 2 losses in 2011 was to literally the 2 best teams in the nation. All in a 4 year span. You guys were sure in his crotch during those seasons because we are used to being mediocre.

Acting like bitter exes wont make the hogs any better, make you any better of a fan, won't erase the success petrino had in only 4 years, and won't stop him from being successful at Louisville, as seen now. If anything, some of you need to blame your lord and savior frank broyles for Arkansas' karma-caused mediocrity. His disdain towards black QBs is why Ken Hatfield got forced out with grovey, why Malzahn didn stand a chance coaching there, and helped petrino get the boot since he utilizes athletic black QB's.
Yup. Lots lots of people on here pulling the ex-girlfriend syndrome and then hurling personal insults when you call them out.

The keyboard warriors are in full force today.

Dr. Starcs

hoglady

Well - I sure enjoyed watching Petrino put the beatdown on Jimbo.
Petrino's team is a whole lot better than I thought.
Jackson and the offense are getting all the pub right now - but Louisville's defense was absolutely fantastic, too.
As Petrino said post game, total team win.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

KY Hog Man

Bobby gave Arkansas 11 wins.  Most of you will be retired before that happens again.

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: KY Hog Man on September 17, 2016, 03:19:32 pm
Bobby gave Arkansas 11 wins.  Most of you will be retired before that happens again.

Sadly you are probably correct