Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting read on Urban Meyer

Started by Karma, September 13, 2016, 07:10:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bondhue

What a great article.  A lot to understand and learn from there.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

PORKULATOR

I'm just going to NOT read it so I can 100% passionately think he sucks muckdudder.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Quote from: PORKULATOR on September 13, 2016, 07:50:28 pm
I'm just going to NOT read it so I can 100% passionately think he sucks muckdudder.
😄

Hog N Bama

Does it cover the part of spending more time with family for health reasons?  :puke:

Dwillhog66

Quote from: PORKULATOR on September 13, 2016, 07:50:28 pm

I'm with you.
I was going to read it but read your post first and laughed out loud. Good stuff

AugustaHog

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 13, 2016, 08:05:52 pm
Does it cover the part of spending more time with family for health reasons?  :puke:
I'm taking it the whispers of fondness for co-eds was left out of the whole heart issue story.  He's a slimeball and no fluff piece will change my mind on that. 

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 13, 2016, 08:05:52 pm
You should read the article if you think it's a ruse.

Hog N Bama

onebadrubi

Quote from: Karma on September 13, 2016, 09:42:36 pm
You should read the article if you think it's a ruse.

Cliff notes of article,

Urban takes a loss hard

Sits in dark rooms after a loss

Worries family becaus she wasn't that way when they met and he had shaved ankles

He needed ambien and beer to sleep

He had his "attack"

He sat out and enjoyed family time

Signed family contract so they would approve of him accepting osu job.

Whoopty do article.  Really doesn't shed any light on anything we didn't know. Petrino was known for always being in the Broykes center from sun up to sun down.  Many coaches put in the long hours.

clutch

As a coach, this hit close to home. I've gone through a lot of the same issues that he was going through. Excessive weight loss during season, stress, sleeplessness, extreme fatigue, etc. I realized that I get much the same way he said he was while he was at Florida. Obsessive about the outcomes and only focused on one thing. This really made me think about how to prioritize things and make sure I'm taking care of me first. Good read, fan or Urban or not, for anyone who has a job where they may put too much stress on themselves because of it.

Waldron_Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 13, 2016, 10:22:03 pm
Petrino was known for always being in the Broykes center from sun up to sun down.

Wonder if his extramarital activity had anything to do with the long grueling hours at the office? Lol

onebadrubi

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on September 14, 2016, 09:11:24 am
Wonder if his extramarital activity had anything to do with the long grueling hours at the office? Lol

Haha glad someone caught that, I brought it up because it was at one time mentioned Urban liked the coeds...

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 14, 2016, 12:00:12 pm
Haha glad someone caught that, I brought it up because it was at one time mentioned Urban liked the coeds...

Yet another thing I have in common with Urban.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on September 14, 2016, 04:37:34 pm
Yet another thing I have in common with Urban.

Was the first thing taking ambien with beer?  lol

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 15, 2016, 10:03:49 am
Was the first thing taking ambien with beer?  lol

Lol not quite. The stress levels cause by a season and never being satisfied by my teams performance. Maybe I should try the ambien and beer route.

The Kig

The primary difference between Petrino and Meyer is one of them isn't a very good motorcycle rider and the other is decent enough looking to nail hot coeds. 

He might not have had time for the treadmill,  but he was getting in some cardio...
Poker Porker