Bielema undefeated vs. Texass.

Petrino 0-1.... 52-10  :puke:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: factchecker on September 09, 2016, 09:58:52 pm
If we are gonna go full idiot here than I'm gonna join in.

Bielema > Petrino

Why?

Bielema is undefeated vs. Nutt

Petrino got beat TWICE by Nutt.

Wow
This is my non-signature signature.

factchecker

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 09, 2016, 10:00:47 pm
Welcome to the club!!

Can't beat..... join em.

I know Petrino is darn good coach.  But if they're gonna lie and start spewing idiotic statements then I'm gonna hit em right back with the same.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: factchecker on September 09, 2016, 10:03:26 pm
Can't beat..... join em.

I know Petrino is darn good coach.  But if they're gonna lie and start spewing idiotic statements then I'm gonna hit em right back with the same.

At least you haven't started name calling.

bondhue

That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

MojaveJoe

I don't get this - why is it a pissing contest? I enjoyed BP's years here - highest final ranking since 77 so why hate him - but he screwed up and had to go. Just because you liked BP doesn't mean you hate BB.

Glad to see BB's recruiting ranking are higher, hopefully they'll start translating to wins.

The Boar War

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2016, 09:35:20 pm
Will our fans ever get over this?

Probably not.  People still talk about 40 minutes of hell.  What happened, happened.  I choose to remember the best couple of years the hogs have had in my lifetime.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bondhue on September 09, 2016, 10:06:10 pm
Uh, that QB can really scoot.

His WR's have let him down multiple times.  This game isn't close if they'd just caught half the drops.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MojaveJoe on September 09, 2016, 10:06:27 pm
I don't get this - why is it a pissing contest? I enjoyed BP's years here - highest final ranking since 77 so why hate him - but he screwed up and had to go. Just because you liked BP doesn't mean you hate BB.

Glad to see BB's recruiting ranking are higher, hopefully they'll start translating to wins.

Now you've gone and done it, mister!!
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 09, 2016, 09:25:58 pm
They haven't played anyone with the coaching, talent or discipline to take away any phase of their offense.

It may be somewhat of an interesting game for around 3 Quarters.  The last 2 seasons, Robert Petrino's team has played FSU somewhat tough, but Robert ultimately got out-coached by Jimbo Fisher both times.

They may play FSU tougher than did Ole Miss (who only played FSU tough for 2 Quarters). 

factchecker

We all just want to Razorbacks to win.

If you were to ask my honest opinion on who has been the best Razorback coach over the past couple of tenures it would be:

Petrino>>>>Bielema>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>John L. Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Janitor Houston Nutt.

Petrino isn't here and no matter how much you miss him he isn't coming back.  I want Bielema to do well because he is here.  I'm a Razorback fan.  I hope Petrino loses every game for the rest of his life.  I felt the same about Holtz, Hatfield, Ford, Nutt any other coach when they were fired/left/forced out.  When Bielema leaves he'll get the same from me.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

Good post. I don't know. The Petrino-apologizers are typically pretty sensitive about their hero. Agreed they were good years.

Hopefully they will turn into wins. who knows? I'd like to think they will. We need to get better at recruiting cornerbacks and safeties, seriously.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: swineology on September 09, 2016, 09:56:58 pm
And yet again, Bob couldn't get the big win.
who has at Arkansas?  since joining the sec who has done the best at Arkansas?  We have been a mediocre program for over two decades except for 3 years total where we won 10 or more games in a season.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 09, 2016, 10:09:36 pm
It may be somewhat of an interesting game for around 3 Quarters.  The last 2 seasons, Robert Petrino's team has played FSU somewhat tough, but Robert ultimately got out-coached by Jimbo Fisher both times.

They may play FSU tougher than did Ole Miss (who only played FSU tough for 2 Quarters). 

And out talented too.  Usually way out talented.  BP is showing something just keeping it close for 3 quarters.  FSU should win going away just on talent alone.  Jackson is the only guy that can keep it respectable.

factchecker

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 09, 2016, 10:12:06 pm
who has at Arkansas?  since joining the sec who has done the best at Arkansas?  We have been a mediocre program for over two decades except for 3 years total where we won 10 or more games in a season.

3 SEC championship appearances but most of which were in down periods for the West.  Ole Miss has never been.  AnM has never been (short period).  Miss State has been once.  The cream of the crop has been Bama with LSU and Auburn trailing behind.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 09, 2016, 09:51:48 pm
How.  He had us in the Sugar Bowl

It is too complicated for you to understand

3kgthog

Like him or not, he's a darn good coach that showed you can win in this era at Arkansas. No one was beating the LSU and Bama teams he lost to. Two of their teams had the best defenses I've seen in my lifetime and they had them during the same season.

Let go of the hate, especially if you're content with what we have now.  You've got no reason to still be upset.

HiggiePiggy

But you talk about winning the big game.  When have we won a big game?  We lost every sec championship game. We lost a sugar bowl game. Our biggest win is probably the Cotton bowl to finish our season 11-2.

HiggiePiggy

The nice thing so far is our last 2 coaches at least had winning records in bowl games.  Petrino 2-1 and Beliema is 2-0 so far.  Considering how crappy we have as history in bowl games. 

factchecker

Seriously though if ya'll want to fix Razorback football then get out and become a coach.  The number one problem for us dating back to forever is the lack of in-state talent.  Funnel all your kids to football.  No baseball.  No basketball.  Football.  Make them live the sport like they do in Texas and in Louisiana.  Move them over to defense and teach them how to hit and wrap up.  If you kid is a little squirt then teach him how to kick.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 09, 2016, 09:54:19 pm
That was two years before wrecked it.

They are more approving of Bobbys regression than CBB's progression. Bobby went from the Sugar to the cotton, 2nd in the west to 3rd in the west and would have gone to an even lesser bowl had he not been fired, which they are fine with. The petrino huggers are consistently inconsistent.

gchamblee

Quote from: swineology on September 09, 2016, 09:56:58 pm
And yet again, Bob couldn't get the big win.

They claim wins are all that matter, but loved CBP losses.

gchamblee

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 09, 2016, 09:57:12 pm
Louisville WR's are really stinking it up tonight.  It's Hollister x 10.  Lamar is single handedly beating Syracuse.

Lamar is really impressive.

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on September 09, 2016, 09:58:52 pm
If we are gonna go full idiot here than I'm gonna join in.

Bielema > Petrino

Why?

Bielema is undefeated vs. Nutt

Petrino got beat TWICE by Nutt.

lol its a troll party, glad you decided to join us :)

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 10:28:34 pm
They are more approving of Bobbys regression than CBB's progression. Bobby went from the Sugar to the cotton, 2nd in the west to 3rd in the west and would have gone to an even lesser bowl had he not been fired, which they are fine with. The petrino huggers are consistently inconsistent.

This is always funny.  Do you know who played for the national championship in 2011?  Seriously. We lost 2 games to both of the teams that played in that National championship game.  I guess if you want you should say our best coach since joining the SEC is Houston Nutt because he was the last coach to beat Alabama.

Hawghiggs

Better hope that LSU doesn't hire Petrino.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 09, 2016, 10:34:24 pm

I don't see that happening, but I could see them getting the Houston head coach and that would be just as bad for us.  Man I hope Less wins enough to keep his job there.

factchecker

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 10:28:34 pm

The fact that this thread was created on MMQB shows there is a problem.  Then someone comes out and flat out lies about the recruiting classes.  How can anyone let the past go when revisionist history is being perpetuated throughout the board.

Ask me if Petrino was/is a darn good coach.  I'll tell anyone that he is one of the best.  He would rank higher than Bielema, probably in the top 20.  He isn't top ten b/c of his inability to win the big one.  He only has two conference championships (Big East and Conference USA).  That might change this season.  He might win the ACC and he might win it all.  He's got some good teams on his schedule and it's gonna be tough.  I hope he loses the rest of them.  Why anyone would be a fan of a man instead of their team or alma mater is beyond me.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on September 09, 2016, 10:09:44 pm
We all just want to Razorbacks to win.

If you were to ask my honest opinion on who has been the best Razorback coach over the past couple of tenures it would be:

Petrino>>>>Bielema>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>John L. Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Janitor Houston Nutt.

Petrino isn't here and no matter how much you miss him he isn't coming back.  I want Bielema to do well because he is here.  I'm a Razorback fan.  I hope Petrino loses every game for the rest of his life.  I felt the same about Holtz, Hatfield, Ford, Nutt any other coach when they were fired/left/forced out.  When Bielema leaves he'll get the same from me.

Ya but you arent dishonest with the data you use to state your case. I respect your opinion even when I disagree with it.

bondhue

Petrino + FSU or LSU = Saban + Alabama
l loved watching the Hogs when he was coach.  I thought he was a royal jerk.  Would not drink a beer with him.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

factchecker

Herman (Houston) is much scarier than Petrino.  Character, recruiting ability, and coaching.  He also has a beautiful wife so he won't be jumping on motorcycles.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 09, 2016, 10:12:37 pm
And out talented too.  Usually way out talented.  BP is showing something just keeping it close for 3 quarters.  FSU should win going away just on talent alone.  Jackson is the only guy that can keep it respectable.

Why does CBP get credit for moral victories, but CBB does not? Asking for a friend.

hobhog

factchecker

Herman also beat Petrino last season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 09, 2016, 09:37:53 pm
Destroyed it by getting us to our only BCS game? 

Wrong. We have played in the Sugar & Orange Bowls several times before Bobby. They just weren't known as "BCS" bowls at the time.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Why? If they do, their defense will suck.

gchamblee

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 09, 2016, 10:42:55 pm
Why? If they do, their defense will suck.

I dont think its possible to have a bad defense at LSU

Großer Kriegschwein

hobhog

Watched some of the game in bar while here in DFW. Amazing how universally hated BP is......

Then again, not really surprised at all.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 10:44:36 pm
I dont think its possible to have a bad defense at LSU

With a coach who doesn't value defense, it is quite possible.

daprospecta

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 09, 2016, 10:41:49 pm
Wrong. We have played in the Sugar & Orange Bowls several times before Bobby. They just weren't known as "BCS" bowls at the time.
The BCS was around for about 18 years. We played in one BCS bowl and Bobby delivered that. I understand why he was fired but don't try to downplay the significance of that Sugar Bowl.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 10:38:58 pm
Why does CBP get credit for moral victories, but CBB does not? Asking for a friend.

He does get credit for that close game against LSU in his first year.  He has gotten credit the last couple of years on close games with Alabama. So he has gotten credit for many games where he lost.  Games he should have won but lost are a different story though.  Toledo last year, Texas tech, Texas A&M last year and 2 years ago.  Those were games he should have won.

bondhue

For a minute there I thought Louisville scored 62 points. :P

gchamblee

Quote from: daprospecta on September 09, 2016, 10:48:58 pm
The BCS was around for about 18 years. We played in one BCS bowl and Bobby delivered that. I understand why he was fired but don't try to downplay the significance of that Sugar Bowl.

proud of that loss are ya?

AirForceHog

Y'all are out for blood tonight. I love it. Where's the popcorn? You guys do realize there is a razorback game tomorrow, right?
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

gchamblee

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 09, 2016, 10:49:14 pm
He does get credit for that close game against LSU in his first year.  He has gotten credit the last couple of years on close games with Alabama. So he has gotten credit for many games where he lost.  Games he should have won but lost are a different story though.  Toledo last year, Texas tech, Texas A&M last year and 2 years ago.  Those were games he should have won.

He didnt coach skipper to trip someone 20 yards away from the play. In fact, nobody coached skipper to do that. Sometimes, your players take the win from you even when you did everything right as a coach. CBB didnt lose last years game against A&M, skipper did.

gchamblee

Quote from: AirForceHog on September 09, 2016, 10:50:49 pm
Y'all are out for blood tonight. I love it. Where's the popcorn? You guys do realize there is a razorback game tomorrow, right?

Yes and I bet we are the only team in FBS where a vocal portion of our fan base wants us to lose.

daprospecta

Quote from: hobhog on September 09, 2016, 10:45:46 pm
Watched some of the game in bar while here in DFW. Amazing how universally hated BP is......

Then again, not really surprised at all.
I hate to say it but who cares.The man put up 62(and still playing) at Syracuse which is a team that usually gets up for the big home games.  You're either a winner or a loser.  Which side you want to be on?  Don't listen to me, let Sean Connery explain it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 10:53:44 pm
Yes and I bet we are the only team in FBS where a vocal portion of our fan base wants us to lose.

4th dumbest fan base in college football

bondhue

Quote from: AirForceHog on September 09, 2016, 10:50:49 pm
I hope RWIII and DW each rush for 100+.  If so, we win.