Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville and Lamar Jackson

Started by Pig In The City, September 09, 2016, 08:37:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

Quote from: rtr on September 09, 2016, 11:44:10 pm
I am, I just don't like the revisionist and inaccurate history being spouted.

unles its the posters that you agree with. youre ok with that revisionist and innacurate fact spouting.

rtr

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:47:58 pm
unles its the posters that you agree with. youre ok with that revisionist and innacurate fact spouting.
You are not an intelligent person.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

orvillesghost

He is a great coach but firing him was absolutely the right thing to do.

rtr

Quote from: orvillesghost on September 09, 2016, 11:49:05 pm
He is a great coach but firing him was absolutely the right thing to do.
The only spot on post of the night.  It is truly a tragedy.  The history of Arkansas Football is so Shakespearean.

factchecker

Quote from: rtr on September 09, 2016, 11:48:43 pm

There was some absolute lies spouted about Petrino recruiting better than Bielema.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

wachhog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2016, 09:35:20 pm
Will our fans ever get over this?
Not until somebody else gets us in the top 10, so doesn't look like it.

gchamblee

Quote from: rtr on September 09, 2016, 11:48:43 pm

so you call out people on both sides of the argument when they spout inaccurate nonsense? or, do you only do it to the people who sit on the side of the argument that dont agree with. also, personal attacks are generally the last resort of those that feel they are losing the argument.

thebignasty

Quote from: rtr on September 09, 2016, 11:44:10 pm
I am, I just don't like the revisionist and inaccurate history being spouted.

I don't have a problem with pointing he was successful here- just with all the "why did we fire him" and sarcastic #integrity bs.

rtr

Quote from: gchamblee on September 09, 2016, 11:52:09 pm
so you call out people on both sides of the argument when they spout inaccurate nonsense? or, do you only do it to the people who sit on the side of the argument that dont agree with. also, personal attacks are generally the last resort of those that feel they are losing the argument.
I am done with you.  You are not worth one more word.

gchamblee

Quote from: rtr on September 09, 2016, 11:54:24 pm
I am done with you.  You are not worth one more word.

Please NO!!! Im Sorry!!!

gchamblee

If you watch the play where Lamar jumps over the defender, notice how he used perfect hurdle jumping form? Dude is a badass athlete.

WorfHog

I'm going to leave this here.

http://uoflalumni.teamfanshop.com/

You guys can  buy a T-Shirt and become real fans. Bobby Petrino's a snake and he'll burn down Louisville again before it's all said and done.

factchecker

Quote from: gchamblee on September 10, 2016, 12:05:45 am
If you watch the play where Lamar jumps over the defender, notice how he used perfect hurdle jumping form? Dude is a badass athlete.

Glad he didn't go to Auburn.  I dislike Gus more than I do Bobby but you give him an athlete like that at QB and it would be scary.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rtr

Quote from: factchecker on September 10, 2016, 12:11:15 am
Glad he didn't go to Auburn.  I dislike Gus more than I do Bobby but you give him an athlete like that at QB and it would be scary.
No doubt.

jcbville

Wow. Leave you kids alone for five minutes...

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: WorfHog on September 10, 2016, 12:10:08 am
I'm going to leave this here.

http://uoflalumni.teamfanshop.com/

You guys can  buy a T-Shirt and become real fans. Bobby Petrino's a snake and he'll burn down Louisville again before it's all said and done.

If by "burn down" you mean get them competing for national championships, then yeah.

He was the best coach we've had since Lou. CBB will never get our program that high, though I wish he could

870hogfan

Looks like we have more Bobby Petrino fans than we do Hog fans. Go cheer for Louisville if you love him that much....

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 870hogfan on September 10, 2016, 01:10:38 am
Looks like we have more Bobby Petrino fans than we do Hog fans. Go cheer for Louisville if you love him that much....

Grow up, Son.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: daprospecta on September 09, 2016, 10:48:58 pm
The BCS was around for about 18 years. We played in one BCS bowl and Bobby delivered that. I understand why he was fired but don't try to downplay the significance of that Sugar Bowl.

"The Significance"...? How so? Quick, without google, name the teams in the 2013 Fiesta Bowl? How about the 2012 Orange Bowl?
Yeah, those where significant too. Right?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 10, 2016, 12:43:41 am
If by "burn down" you mean get them competing for national championships, then yeah.

He was the best coach we've had since Lou. CBB will never get our program that high, though I wish he could

If competing for the National Championship,means losing to both Bama & LSU by 24... Then so be it.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

JaketheSnake

Quote from: AirForceHog on September 09, 2016, 10:50:49 pm
Y'all are out for blood tonight. I love it. Where's the popcorn? You guys do realize there is a razorback game tomorrow, right?
Nah, their team played last night!

Pulled(PP)pork

bunch of BP jock suckers up in here

PP

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on September 09, 2016, 11:47:49 pm
This^^. And let's be honest, this only comes up because CBB hasn't produced and doesn't appear ready to produce any time soon, equal results that BP did while he was here. You can excuse it any way you choose, but those are the facts as it stands right now.
I agree...win 10 games this year and all that stuff goes away. I really like CBB and the way he is doing things but at the end of the day it all boils down to wins.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Danny J on September 10, 2016, 08:09:51 am
I agree...win 10 games this year and all that stuff goes away. I really like CBB and the way he is doing things but at the end of the day it all boils down to wins.
I doubt it, he will then be compared to how long it took him or he still hasn't been to a BCS game.  The guy is recruiting off the charts, is 2-0 in bowl games, blanked Ole Miss and LSU in the same season, then beat those two again and it still doesn't win him any favor.

PP

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 09, 2016, 08:51:00 pm
Why did we fire him?

because Gus-loving local media led the charge doing FOI's on the situation, and held out veiled threats of releasing nude pics from his cell phone

and I'm talking local media who really does see everything through Gus Colored Glasses. It's all about Gus to them.

they were the ones who fanned the flames so much that Jeff Long had to think about the health of our entire athletics department in regards to attacks by these douchebags

THIS is the part of the story no one talks about

ATU HOG

My whole issue with the BP things is, I have a hard time believing that nobody else in the athletic department knew about what was going on.  The things that were going on, people must have known, and I'm sure they did... just turned the cold shoulder because of who he was and because we were winning.

Now I have no problem with firing him for what he did.  My issue is, how did nobody else get fired?  Nobody in the entire athletic department knew about what he was doing??  Yeah right....  but we preach about "Integrity" and "doing it the right way."  Where was all this talk before 2012?    You shouldn't have to sell people on "Integrity."  Integrity is doing right thing when nobody is looking.  We do the right thing apparently and have to tell everyone about it.  That's what makes me sick.

Our athletic department seems like a bunch of salesmen to me.  Let's cut the chatter out, lets cut out the constant TALK of doing it the right way, and lets see some results that a fan base can rally around.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ATU HOG on September 10, 2016, 09:37:27 am
My whole issue with the BP things is, I have a hard time believing that nobody else in the athletic department knew about what was going on.  The things that were going on, people must have known, and I'm sure they did... just turned the cold shoulder because of who he was and because we were winning.

Now I have no problem with firing him for what he did.  My issue is, how did nobody else get fired?  Nobody in the entire athletic department knew about what he was doing??  Yeah right....  but we preach about "Integrity" and "doing it the right way."  Where was all this talk before 2012?    You shouldn't have to sell people on "Integrity."  Integrity is doing right thing when nobody is looking.  We do the right thing apparently and have to tell everyone about it.  That's what makes me sick.

Our athletic department seems like a bunch of salesmen to me.  Let's cut the chatter out, lets cut out the constant TALK of doing it the right way, and lets see some results that a fan base can rally around.
how have we not backed up what we are preaching......increasing win totals, wins against better established programs home and away.  We aren't being investigated nor are our student athletes being arrested for assualt/rape.

PP

ATU HOG

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 10, 2016, 09:44:46 am
how have we not backed up what we are preaching......increasing win totals, wins against better established programs home and away.  We aren't being investigated nor are our student athletes being arrested for assualt/rape.

PP
I'm just ready to see us compete on a national level again, and not just get wins against better established programs.  We win against "better established programs" but lost to Tech, Toledo, and State...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ATU HOG on September 10, 2016, 10:00:30 am
I'm just ready to see us compete on a national level again, and not just get wins against better established programs.  We win against "better established programs" but lost to Tech, Toledo, and State...
it's progress man, be patient. 

PP

Silver Hog

Silver Hog

Quote from: wachhog on September 09, 2016, 11:52:07 pm
Not until somebody else gets us in the top 10, so doesn't look like it.

Top 3, only ranked behind the only two teams to beat us that year.

Silver Hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 10, 2016, 08:46:57 am
I doubt it, he will then be compared to how long it took him or he still hasn't been to a BCS game.  The guy is recruiting off the charts, is 2-0 in bowl games, blanked Ole Miss and LSU in the same season, then beat those two again and it still doesn't win him any favor.

PP
Toledo

ATU HOG

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 10, 2016, 11:54:13 am
it's progress man, be patient. 

PP
I'm trying man... I really am.  I'm hopeful, but we can't lose games where we are favored heavily.

WorfHog

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 10, 2016, 12:43:41 am

We just beat a Top 15 team on the road. Petrino's best road win was at #19 South Carolina in 2010. We have the better coach now.

BTW UofLo is going to hit a buzzsaw next week called FSU.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Buff on September 09, 2016, 09:10:39 pm
#Integrity and #Mediocrity.  You guys eat it up like candy.

Thats for sure.
Let's make some waves.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 09, 2016, 09:05:02 pm
I don't miss BP and all the baggage.  not envious at all of anything Louisville is doing.
Yeah, right, like we wouldn't take Lamar Jackson. Dude is doing Vick darn right now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

gchamblee

Lamar Jackson is the truth. BP has a solid football team this year. I think Clemson is watching this game shakin in their shoes.

bigred223

This is like when cam was at auburn. Impossible to stop a player like that.

The Kig

Seriously don't understand why people on both sides take this kind of nonsensical position. 

Is CBP a snake?  Absolutely.
Is he a complete Dick?  Absolutely.
Should he have been fired for riding his girlfriend, paying his girlfriend with University funds, lying... Etc?  Absolutely
Does ANY of that make him a bad coach?  Absolutely not.

He is currently completely dismantling and embarrassing the #2 team in the country.  Dude can coach and we saw that first hand. 

Does anyone that make me not a Hog fan?  No.
Do I think we are on the right track with CBB?  Absolutely.

Some people need to get their heads out of their arses.
Poker Porker

Ben

some of you guys can continue to sound like butthurt ex-girlfriends, but truth of the matter is petrino is a good coach, and deep down, every single one of you are putting up a front that you could careless about him leaving. Each and everyone of you wish Arkansas was looking as good as Louisville is right now and get frustrated when Louisville does look good.

Don't forget petrino gave us our 3rd ever back to back 10 win seasons, a BCS bowl appearance, our 2nd ever 11 win season, and only 2 losses in 2011 was to literally the 2 best teams in the nation. All in a 4 year span.

So keep acting like bitter exes...
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

10thPlanet

Hogs don't play till 6:30pm. Can we not watch other top 25 teams play? Only thing that makes me sick is the Lewisville U fans chanting, "Bobby's back!"

Bebop

Quote from: Ben on September 17, 2016, 02:29:09 pm
some of you guys can continue to sound like butthurt ex-girlfriends, but truth of the matter is petrino is a good coach, and deep down, every single one of you are putting up a front that you could careless about him leaving. Each and everyone of you wish Arkansas was looking as good as Louisville is right now and get frustrated when Louisville does look good.

Don't forget petrino gave us our 3rd ever back to back 10 win seasons, a BCS bowl appearance, our 2nd ever 11 win season, and only 2 losses in 2011 was to literally the 2 best teams in the nation. All in a 4 year span.

So keep acting like bitter exes...

Exactly. People can't find a balance in their opinions on him. He is/was a good coach that has had personal problems. There is a balance between seeing the good and bad.

10thPlanet

The damn announcers are back to loving him.

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: WorfHog on September 11, 2016, 12:55:12 am
We just beat a Top 15 team on the road. Petrino's best road win was at #19 South Carolina in 2010. We have the better coach now.

Any more prognostications of note?

BP is a helluva coach. Even Mr Sunshine Pumper Rick said he never believed Arkansas could get to 10 wins in just three seasons as they did when BP took over from Rick's beloved Nutt. I don't recall ten wins last year.

The hatred for BP astounds me. He was the best coach since Holtz, at least, as mentioned above and had us in the limelight. Nobody else beat Alabama and LSU that year, and no one else across the country would have either. 21-5 people 21-5.

As for your outrage over integrity and so on I'm sure you were equally outraged over Bill's White House escapades... oh that's right he just the President not the football coach at Arkansas. How foolish of me.

CFB_Fanatic

BTW, how'd that work out??? LOL

Im not sayin we have a bad coach at all. We have a good one.

Petrino is just better. Not a better person, a better coach.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 10, 2016, 04:37:30 am
If competing for the National Championship,means losing to both Bama & LSU by 24... Then so be it.

If it means being #3 in the nation going into the final game of the regular season, sign me up.

If it means losing to Toledo, not so much.

And you were saying?
Let's make some waves.

jbcarol

Mark Ennis ‏@MarkEnnis 11h11 hours ago

Announcers just confirmed College Gameday will be in Clemson for Louisville/Clemson next week.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Thank god Arkansas fired him.  Lmao would never live it down. Winning trumps all.
Let's make some waves.