Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Made My Day

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, February 19, 2010, 12:48:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Since 40 is just around the corner I decided to give myself an early present and head down to Fayetteville to the Sam's Club to get a signed copy of Nolan's book.  Coach was looking great, very fit, in good spirits, smiling, and the white hair really suits him.  The signing was not supposed to start until noon, but he and author Rus Bradburd got there about 30 min early and just started signing and talking to people.  I was also able to get my pic with him and get 4 additional copies for friends.  The book was only $14 at Sam's.  Bradburd said the B&N in El Paso where they did a signing was charging full price. 

It was good to see Nolan and get the book but very sad as well.  I don't care what coach we bring in and what success we have there will never be another period like there was with Nolan.  In a perfect world he would have gotten things back on track with Iguodola and others then handed it off to MA and rode off into the sunset.

Still made my day though.  On a side note Nolan must go to Sam's alot.  All the workers there knew him.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

luvmesomehogs

Do you know of any other Sam's Club or B & N stores that he may be signing at? Or was it a one time deal? I wish he would come to Little Rock.

Porkem

Very nice post Dwight.  I miss Nolan too.  We need to bring Mike Anderson home.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: luvmesomehogs on February 19, 2010, 01:10:20 pm
Do you know of any other Sam's Club or B & N stores that he may be signing at? Or was it a one time deal? I wish he would come to Little Rock.
I haven't heard of any, may just need to try googling it to see.  I had heard about this one a week or two ago on the radio.  I think Bo was interviewing Rus Bradburd, very nice guy by the way.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.