Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How bout a "cool flying pics" thread....

Started by fdx flyer, October 04, 2011, 06:06:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fdx flyer

What do y'all think about having a thread to post some of your cool flying pics? 

I'll start and see if there's any interest.  Here's some from back in my Navy days:

Flying Razorback

Absolutely.  I love flying pictures.  Here's one of me you should appreciate Fed Ex:

The Buffalo River:

Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

Here's one of my favorites on my way up to Alpena Michigan.

And me at St. Louis:

ADAM_713

Nice guys.

Here is my solo back in the day.

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

gotyacovered

those are some sweet pics.

here are a couple pics in my very short pilot life.

dad and i post solo

my kids/hanger rats

You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

here is another, not sure if any of you followed the swepco coal plant vs "the hunting clubs" battle, but if you did, this is the plant they were trying to stop the construction of.

ADAM_713

true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

bvillepig

HawgPilot

This is at Wilson Air in MEM from last night.  A buddy and I flew over and had rbs at rendezvous...

ADAM_713

Quote from: HawgPilot on October 05, 2011, 12:19:13 pm
This is at Wilson Air in MEM from last night.  A buddy and I flew over and had rbs at rendezvous...

That's a pretty plane.
true story...

HawgPilot

Flying Razorback

That is a great looking Cessna.  What avionics set up do you have in it?  Flying in and out of MEM can be a little hectic as well sometimes.

HawgPilot

G1000 coupled with GFC 700 autopilot.  WAAS, Safe Taxi, Terrain, etc

HawgPilot

HawgPilot

HawgPilot

HawgPilot

Getting ready for approach into Dallas Love this past weekend for the game!

gotyacovered

Quote from: HawgPilot on October 05, 2011, 12:19:13 pm

that is sweet. very nice.

bvillepig

October 05, 2011, 02:33:53 pm #18 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:31:52 pm by bvillepig
Between layers going into Rogers
Coming out of KMEM.

Arkie4life

October 12, 2011, 03:55:41 pm #19 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:01:18 pm by Arkie4life
Landing...the best part!

theFlyingHog

theFlyingHog

BE20 a few days after I got my IFR ticket. Going into Mobile for the oil spill.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 12, 2011, 04:13:42 pm

41*F @3500'......

Good old 899CT, that was my very first solo back in the day!!  I've got the shirt tail hanging on my wall.  It was down at 4M3 - Carlisle, Arkansas.  I had a whopping 10.1 hours under my belt.  It's hard to even remember back to those days now.

Good memories!  It's great to see the shared experience we've had!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 12, 2011, 06:02:38 pm

Good old 899CT, that was my very first solo back in the day!!  I've got the shirt tail hanging on my wall.  It was down at 4M3 - Carlisle, Arkansas.  I had a whopping 10.1 hours under my belt.  It's hard to even remember back to those days now.

Good memories!  It's great to see the shared experience we've had!
That's awesome! I took her to Amarillo and Pensacola when nobody else likes to fly it anymore. I solo'd 910CT over at Stuttgart, think I had about 20 hours. lol No matter where I go and what I fly, I really hope I always get to jump in a little plane and scoot around VFR. I used to hate steep turns and stalls and then I got into instrument training and knew I'd always go back out for that stuff every chance I got

Flying Razorback

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 12, 2011, 06:23:11 pm
That's awesome! I took her to Amarillo and Pensacola when nobody else likes to fly it anymore. I solo'd 910CT over at Stuttgart, think I had about 20 hours. lol No matter where I go and what I fly, I really hope I always get to jump in a little plane and scoot around VFR. I used to hate steep turns and stalls and then I got into instrument training and knew I'd always go back out for that stuff every chance I got

That's a long flight from Little Rock to Amarillo in that guy with the head wind below 10k.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 12, 2011, 06:30:40 pm
That's a long flight from Little Rock to Amarillo in that guy with the head wind below 10k.
We always stop in Norman. It may have 4 hours of gas, but I only have 2 hours of ass in that thing!

Tried to get to Oke City one day fighting hellacious headwinds and a cloud deck(pre IFR ticket) and finally made Seminole after 3.5 hours in a 180hp 172

El Guapo

"If I could rest anywhere it would be Arkansaw where the man of the real-horse, half alligator-breed such as grows no where else on the face of the universal earth" Davey Crockett 1834

jonesark™

jonesark™

fdx flyer

These were taken while returning to Memphis on a recent Asia trip.  Mountains and glaciers in western Alaska.  747 passing 1000 ft overhead.  They're kinda grainy, taken with my iPad.  I need to start taking my regular camera more often.  Alaska was amazing that day.

HoggyWayne

I'm not a pilot (although would love to some day) but this is the coolest thread on Hogville.

gotyacovered

my first trip (as PIC) on top of the clouds.

HawgPilot

Congrats!!  Were you as nervous the first time as I was?

gotyacovered

Hogbus320

October 21, 2011, 02:17:41 pm #37 Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:19:17 pm by Hogbus320
ERJ Stuff. One is of the volcano Popocatepatel in Mexico.  One is of Chicago at night.

Hogbus320

The Airbus.  The really dark one is our interior with the "moodlights."

El Guapo

Quote from: Hogbus320 on October 21, 2011, 02:29:38 pm
The Airbus.  The really dark one is our interior with the "moodlights."

SOUL PLANE!
"If I could rest anywhere it would be Arkansaw where the man of the real-horse, half alligator-breed such as grows no where else on the face of the universal earth" Davey Crockett 1834

HawgPilot

Anyone know how to upload pics from iPhone?

gotyacovered

Quote from: HawgPilot on October 24, 2011, 03:09:35 pm
Anyone know how to upload pics from iPhone?

the easiest way is via photobucket app. download it from the apps store, think its free (there is a pro version), upload it from your iphone to photobucket and copy the img code link and paste it into the quick reply box on hogville.

to copy the image code link tap the little 'i' (bottom right) and think click/tap on the 'img' space and itll automatically copy it, then paste it where you want it... easy as light and variable ;D

bvillepig

I was in San Diego last week and took time to visit the USS Midway.  I wish I would have had a little more time but work got in the way.

bvillepig

kingofdequeen

here's me, cosmo and wildhog about to take off.

MDH

A cherry Luscombe and DC-3 in one of our hangars when I was in LA:

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Flying Razorback

Quote from: MDH on October 24, 2011, 06:33:25 pm

Wow!  Those are incredible!

MDH

Yeah, though I rarely worked on the older birds there were quite a few of them out there.  When I first saw that Luscombe I nearly flipped because that is the plane my Dad learned to fly in.  In fact, when my parents came out and visited I made sure I took Dad by to see it, you should have seen the grin on his face.

This is more on the lines of what I was working on out there (picture quality isn't that great)- Gulfstream 450 cockpit:
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on October 24, 2011, 04:15:40 pm
Self Serve 4.59 at KTKX

nice plane... is it as fast as it looks?

you in Missouri? or is that supposed to be ktXk?

gotyacovered

Quote from: MDH on October 24, 2011, 06:33:25 pm

really cool pic