Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

road hogs showed up today, no heart

Started by masonselby, March 23, 2008, 05:59:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogdomer

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 23, 2008, 07:15:28 pm
I'll question your fanhood every single time when you fail to recognize that a decade is NOT a "few short years."

Are you saying you didn't expect this team to win a tournament game two years ago in Dallas (mostly Hog crowd) against Bucknell with Ronnie Brewer?  You didn't expect at least one win when Joe Johnson and Janerro Pargo were here and we lost in the first round to Georgetown? 

You're right, it's been almost ten years since we won a game in the tournament, but there was no reason for the EXPECTATION level not to be higher given our facilities and tradition (other than Heath's first two years, when he deserved some slack).

umpqua

FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.....can this be over already!!!!!!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hogdomer on March 23, 2008, 07:21:51 pm
Are you saying you didn't expect this team to win a tournament game two years ago in Dallas (mostly Hog crowd) against Bucknell with Ronnie Brewer?  You didn't expect at least one win when Joe Johnson and Janerro Pargo were here and we lost in the first round to Georgetown? 

You're right, it's been almost ten years since we won a game in the tournament, but there was no reason for the EXPECTATION level not to be higher given our facilities and tradition (other than Heath's first two years, when he deserved some slack).

Expectations are fine..but you fairweather fans crying and whining over the fact we dont turn the corner as fast as you'd like doesn't change anything.

it just shows we have fans who aren't true fans. You like the great Hogs, but you hate the Hogs that aren't elite. And to me, that's pathetic.

This program has made strides since Heath took over Nolan's bare cupboard. Life is to short to act so silly.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

31to6

Quote from: masonselby on March 23, 2008, 05:59:53 pm
the "other" hog team showed up today, this one will get ugly
we will lose by 20 or more
I don't think so. I think they are just totally over-matched at every position.

Throwback1

all of a sudden they got no heart.....God....

www.mapquest/olemiss.com/edu

don't let the door hit ya in the ass...
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

nyk350

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 23, 2008, 07:13:36 pm
I'm saying that you claim these are easy fixes. You can outcoach Roy Williams is what you were saying.

Yes, I have before, and I can do it again. 

Hogdomer

March 23, 2008, 07:50:21 pm #56 Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 07:54:35 pm by Hogdomer
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 23, 2008, 07:35:19 pm
Expectations are fine..but you fairweather fans crying and whining over the fact we dont turn the corner as fast as you'd like doesn't change anything.

it just shows we have fans who aren't true fans. You like the great Hogs, but you hate the Hogs that aren't elite. And to me, that's pathetic.

This program has made strides since Heath took over Nolan's bare cupboard. Life is to short to act so silly.

Fairweather fans don't post on message boards during blowout losses.  They only care about a team if it is good.  I am a Hog fan win or lose, it's in my DNA.  In fact, I'm flying a Hog flag on my house in Dallas right now (and have been since August).

I think message board criticisms were effective in the football program, and were not "crying and whining" that "didn't change anything."  Obviously, there shouldn't be any talk of coaching changes in basketball, but making negative observations about our play shouldn't be off limits. 

So far, you've sarcastically questioned whether I am a true "fan," called my behavior pathetic and silly and told me I don't have a clue about our team.  I've said nothing personal, but the temptation is there.

br_hawg

All you guys really need to relax. I am one of the most rabid fans and cannot take losing at all. When we had a 18 point lead over Alabama in Alabama and lost in over time I about lost it. But having said that, you have to take the whole thing in perspective. As much as we would like to think that this batch of seniors were under achieving, they did something valuable to the program - Kept the program in the news when we could ve folded after everything that happened with the program when Nolan left. They never had the extra bit to win the big one, but they ve left the program in the best light possible. They ve represented well and have generally kept out of trouble and have brought back a measure of respectability. We did not have a chance in this game. What we do have is a good coach and a tradition for this decade where he can go recruit saying Arkansas expects to not only be in the tournament but also Win. Cheer this team for what they have done. Hope for better times and forget about this loss. We will be fine.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: hSv on March 23, 2008, 06:26:07 pm
North Carolina is the best team Arkansas has played this year.  The Razorbacks are outmanned at every position

I agree that we were waaay overmatched.  However, it could have been less than the total butt beating it turned out to be had we not have made so many boneheaded mistakes. 

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to next year.  I'm hoping Coach Pel will put together a more consistent team.

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hogdomer on March 23, 2008, 07:50:21 pm
Fairweather fans don't post on message boards during blowout losses.  They only care about a team if it is good.  I am a Hog fan win or lose, it's in my DNA.  In fact, I'm flying a Hog flag on my house in Dallas right now (and have been since August).

I think message board criticisms were effective in the football program, and were not "crying and whining" that "didn't change anything."  Obviously, there shouldn't be any talk of coaching changes in basketball, but making negative observations about our play shouldn't be off limits. 

So far, you've sarcastically questioned whether I am a true "fan," called my behavior pathetic and silly and told me I don't have a clue about our team.  I've said nothing personal, but the temptation is there.

Good for you.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Throwback1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 23, 2008, 07:35:19 pm

Africkin'MEN
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

hogsailor

Quote from: Hogdomer on March 23, 2008, 07:07:24 pm
How many of those teams have six seniors, with three who will get a chance to play in the NBA?  Zero. 

It's amazing that having high standards for the basketball program will get your fanhood questioned.  At the same time, pointing out the extreme obstacles we face to be an elite football program in the SEC will also get your fanhood called into doubt.  I'll figure out this board one day.

Being a senior doesn't automatically make you a good player.

And if our seniors were that good they wouldn't be here.

Think Brewer.

I agree asking more of the program or complaining about them today will get your fanhood questioned.

But, we all knew this wasn't our season, we wanted it to be as always, but we knew it wasn't.

It's impatience. After we got Pel we wanted a miracle. We knew it wouldn't happen this year but being Hogs fans that's want we wanted.

Will it be next year, who knows. We're still gonna b!tch if it doesn't.

The year after, maybe.

As fans, we go from year to year, as a program you look years into the future.

If Pel stays around I think our future looks bright...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: Razorhog2006q on March 23, 2008, 06:09:49 pm
We're a 9 seed. UNC is the #1 overall seed and by far the best team we've played all year. This isn't Tennessee where all we have to do to score is to get the ball into the paint. This is a complete, deep team. The only chance we had is if they came out cold and we played perfect. Neither of that is happening. They're hitting everything, even with hands in their faces.

You are correct about that. No one could help us today the way we came out so cold and scared. The #1 team came out with confidence and played like it. They should win it all if they play like that the rest of the T.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: hogsailor on March 23, 2008, 08:13:01 pm
Being a senior doesn't automatically make you a good player.

And if our seniors were that good they wouldn't be here.

Think Brewer.

I agree asking more of the program or complaining about them today will get your fanhood questioned.

But, we all knew this wasn't our season, we wanted it to be as always, but we knew it wasn't.

It's impatience. After we got Pel we wanted a miracle. We knew it wouldn't happen this year but being Hogs fans that's want we wanted.

Will it be next year, who knows. We're still gonna b!tch if it doesn't.

The year after, maybe.

As fans, we go from year to year, as a program you look years into the future.

If Pel stays around I think our future looks bright...

The future does take time and patience is of virtue. With that we can build a strong team from top to bottom and be very successful. One day at a time.

Throwback1

Well, I, for one, am proud of this team, proud of what they did in the SEC tourney and against the Hoosiers, especially, and most importantly, am still a proud member of the Razorback Nation!!!

Good luck, kids.

WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pig_Lebowski

Whoop my Ass?  Don't have to move to Tennessee, I am already here.  Where can I find you?