Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drones and how they can be used at RRS

Started by twistitup, March 07, 2018, 05:30:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

This drone thing has me thinking....if they can be used in practice - why not for other things.

1- Virtual tours of the new construction / endzone - why are we not getting drone tours, instead you put a tent up and make people come to you....c'mon it's 2018 ----and maybe post a little practice video of this Smashmouth Spread that has us all excited.

2- Concessions Delivery - I see no idea why we can't kick this idea around

3- Up close shots on players, officials and coaches on the field (bad calls? zero in on the ref that threw the damn flag)

4- Memorable moments in the stands - shots of happy fans in the 500's - the salt of the earth sits up there.

5- Waterslide Shots - Why install a new waterslide if we aren't going to get some crazy shots of hog fans going down it.

6- Tailgating photos....nuff said

7- Catch people smoking cigs on the ramp - shame them on the big screen.

8- Have a fleet of them fly over pregame (not as impressive, but it saves tax payer money)

9- Fly little banners when fans become unhappy

10- Go to the visitors seating area and take pics of them unhappy while the hogs are up 28 in the 4th. Put pics on bigscreen w captions like.....'you wasted your money', 'why did you even come'....

Go Hogs -

What are some drone ideas you have for RRS?

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pigsknuckles

Maybe we can fly drones over opponent soutdoor practices.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

rljjr

I do love the waterslide idea as fans plummet into the shark tank.

Dirty

drones with a sniper rifle on it.  What was that call ref?

twistitup

Gap pics ....I mean, the UofA wants to flaunt the gap - we'll take pics of it

FutureMan

Quote from: twistitup on March 07, 2018, 05:30:57 am
4- Memorable moments in the stands - shots of happy fans in the 500's - the salt of the earth sits up there.

Thanks Twist.  I like you, too!
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

99toLife

This drone thing has me thinking....if they can be used in practice - why not for other things.

1- Virtual tours of the new construction / endzone - why are we not getting drone tours, instead you put a tent up and make people come to you....c'mon it's 2018 ----and maybe post a little practice video of this Smashmouth Spread that has us all excited.

3- Up close shots on players, officials and coaches on the field (bad calls? zero in on the ref that threw the damn flag)

5- Waterslide Shots - Why install a new waterslide if we aren't going to get some crazy shots of hog fans going down it.

8- Have a fleet of them fly over pregame (not as impressive, but it saves tax payer money)

10- Go to the visitors seating area and take pics of them unhappy while the hogs are up 28 in the 4th. Put pics on bigscreen w captions like.....'you wasted your money', 'why did you even come'....

Go Hogs -

All pretty good, but #9 is awesome!

Hawgboy64

"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

twistitup

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on March 07, 2018, 10:34:57 am
Looking for hot women in the stands.

That works...

or we could do own version of the kiss cam....where 2 hot women kiss

Talk about the crowd going crazy!!!

Epic use of the drone

Dirty

Quote from: twistitup on March 07, 2018, 10:36:29 am
That works...

Epic use of the drone

#1 on the Drone to do list!

Hawgboy64

Quote from: twistitup on March 07, 2018, 10:36:29 am
That works...

Epic use of the drone
Winner winner, chicken dinner!
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Cotton

THE GAP IS FOR THE DRONES IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

99toLife

Quote from: Cotton on March 07, 2018, 01:12:17 pm
THE GAP IS FOR THE DRONES IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!

HA! it's all clear to me now.. Thanks

Salted Pork

Simple reason why drones can't be used on campus - there is a no-fly rule for drones on the UofA campus. I'm sure they gave football a special pass on this rule because football can get away with anything as long as they win.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/09/university-of-arkansas-drones-on-campus-are-a-safety-and-security-threat/

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Salted Pork on March 07, 2018, 11:07:53 pm
Simple reason why drones can't be used on campus - there is a no-fly rule for drones on the UofA campus. I'm sure they gave football a special pass on this rule because football can get away with anything as long as they win.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/09/university-of-arkansas-drones-on-campus-are-a-safety-and-security-threat/

Thanks for the article. +1

twistitup

Quote from: Salted Pork on March 07, 2018, 11:07:53 pm

perfect....as long as we are winning, drones should be ok on gameday. Now is makes sense why they wouldn't let CBB use drones.

It's all about w's

jjdlc

I wouldn't be surprised if the team can get special permission to use them at practices.  However anytime there is an event going on with large crowds, the safety and security thing makes them a huge no no.  The liability risk of one crashing into the crowd alone would be prohibitive.

The AAA prohibits their use at high school sporting events for the same reason, I've heard of a few HS teams using them to film practices, though I'm not sure what they have to do to get it ok'd.

twistitup

Quote from: jjdlc on March 08, 2018, 07:54:39 am
I wouldn't be surprised if the team can get special permission to use them at practices.  However anytime there is an event going on with large crowds, the safety and security thing makes them a huge no no.

No worries my man, the concession stand drone pilots will be some highly trained individuals. We will be using special drones - they look like cotton candy flying through the air - if they his somebody it's similar to getting hit w large cotton ball.

If they accidentally drop the order high in the sky there is a small parachute attached (emergency landing for nachos and such) sometimes a fan will get a free item from the concession stand. ooops, our drone dropped a snickers, pilot activates parachute.

no tangle parachutes

mevskithog

Go Hogs -

#7 made me laugh. Nice job +1