Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 10, 2024, 09:32:32 pm

username

Started by Acehawg, November 13, 2012, 07:39:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Acehawg

Douglas, I would like to change my username as well.  I originally signed up years ago to read only and now I want to post.  ace123 just doesn't have much MB cred.  I would like to change to Acehawg or Riceman/Riceman1.  I do post on other MB's but don't want to go forward here as ace123.  Any help you can provide is much appreciated!  Waiting until after the basketball season is not so great.

Worse case scenario, can I cancel my account and open another one?

Another dumb question, why do I have verification letters and words that must be spelled before I can post?

ArchitectHog

Quote from: ace123 on November 13, 2012, 07:39:55 pm
Douglas, I would like to change my username as well.  I originally signed up years ago to read only and now I want to post.  ace123 just doesn't have much MB cred.  I would like to change to Acehawg or Riceman/Riceman1.  I do post on other MB's but don't want to go forward here as ace123.  Any help you can provide is much appreciated!  Waiting until after the basketball season is not so great.

Worse case scenario, can I cancel my account and open another one?

Another dumb question, why do I have verification letters and words that must be spelled before I can post?

I think you will have to wait.  Changing a name, any name right now effects the pick'ems...even if you aren't involved in it.  It's a coding thing I think?

I wouldn't advise creating a new user account.  That is generally frowned upon and will most likely end up getting both new and old accounts zapped.

The verification letters are there to keep bots out.  Once you reach a minimum number of posts, that will go away.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Acehawg

Quote from: ArchitectHog on November 15, 2012, 06:33:33 am
I think you will have to wait.  Changing a name, any name right now effects the pick'ems...even if you aren't involved in it.  It's a coding thing I think?

I wouldn't advise creating a new user account.  That is generally frowned upon and will most likely end up getting both new and old accounts zapped.

The verification letters are there to keep bots out.  Once you reach a minimum number of posts, that will go away.

Thanks for the response and answers ArchitectHog.  What you're saying makes sense and I understand.  Do you know if I can delete my own user account and open a new account?