Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how do you download a picture onto your profile

Started by Abominable Hillbilly, August 20, 2008, 04:59:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Abominable Hillbilly

how can i get a picture from my computer as my avi?  thanks.
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

TulsaHogFan

Depends, normally you need to take a screen shot (hit print screen) then go to Paint or Photoshop and paste it.

Save it as a jpg or a bmp. 

Use it as avatar

Abominable Hillbilly

do you click "i have my own pic". if so it says i have to enter url, example http//myspace.com/mypic
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

ArchitectHog

Go you your profile, then select Forum profile on the left hand side.  Select I will upload my own pic and hit the "browse" button.  That will prompt you to select a file that you have saved on your computer.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Abominable Hillbilly

Quote from: ArchitectHog on August 20, 2008, 06:58:06 pm
Go you your profile, then select Forum profile on the left hand side.  Select I will upload my own pic and hit the "browse" button.  That will prompt you to select a file that you have saved on your computer.

for some reason i don't have the upload or browse.

Doug

You will when you have 50 posts.  Gotta earn it, son.  :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Abominable Hillbilly

Qui Gon Jinn

how small does the pic need to be?  I keep trying to load a .gif file as my avatar and it keeps telling me it's too big or not an avatar.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

kingofdequeen

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 22, 2009, 10:55:34 am
that's hardly ever been ur problem, huh?
Who yanked your chain?  If I wanted any sh*t out of you, I'd squeeze your head.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.