Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

broadband internet satelite?

Started by Anthony McReynolds, November 02, 2007, 09:43:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony McReynolds

Ok I had wildblue for two months and it worked for about 5 weeks the time that we had it.Service sucks we never knew when we came home if it was going to work or not so we finally got it disconnected yesterday,customer service rude to but we are getting back are two month charge of $100 but lose $289 for the equipment price.Just a warning do not buy this.I want to know what is good service to get because we live in rural area internet is slow liked the speed but no service just was not cutting it.Thanks for any advice.

Baghdadhawg

I switched from WildBlue to Hughes.  It seems to be much more stable and it has a much higher upload speed.  WildBlue never performed as advertised on the upload side.  The only issue I have with Hughes is the fair use policy.  If you download more than 450M in a 24 hour period they really restrict your download speed for the next 24 hours.  They have a 3 hour window that they don't count but I'm not up and about on the internet at that time of morning to do anything.

Anthony McReynolds

What is the  fair use policy?I would like to know how long you have had hughesnet service what is the download policy.On wildblue you had to do the samething as me right lost $289 for equipment.I just don't want to switch do hughes then the samething happen as wildblue I tell everyone I can about wildblue to not use it.Are you in arkansas or oklahoma.Rate your service 1-10.Thanks.

Slacker

What county do you live in hogfan22?

Anthony McReynolds

Doug

First, it's "you", not "u".  Second, to get you paired up with a company that has strong cell tower presence, perhaps?
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Slacker

Quote from: hogfan22 on November 09, 2007, 11:03:04 am
why do u want to know that?

I work for an ISP. Depending on your location, I maybe able to assist. Don't need a street location. Just what county, and what part of the county (North, South, East, West)

Anthony McReynolds

I live in oklahoma in adair county.

Slacker

Quote from: hogfan22 on November 11, 2007, 02:55:23 pm
I live in oklahoma in adair county.

Can't help ya unless you are in extreme Eastern Adair. Sorry.

Anthony McReynolds

I am not to far from the arkansas state line.

Anthony McReynolds

November 11, 2007, 07:13:01 pm #10 Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 07:16:49 pm by hogfan22
Hey man what ISP do work for and what can you do for me. I guess I would say I live in eastern adair county give me pm when you read this thanks.

rbbarker

I had Hughes for 2 years,It cost like $75 per mo... everytime it rained...No service...Glad DSL finally got out to us...
de NUTT ed

Anthony McReynolds

rbbarker how far do you live from the Telephone central office?They told me I was 7 miles for them.

rbbarker

About 3 miles from the office in Waldron...
de NUTT ed

nlrwildcat1

I hated hughes it nevered worked and when i called and canceled after 2 months i still had 600 to pay for the equipment i said come get it and they never did now i  owe diretv like 800 they won't get a dime from me the worst service ever next to comcast