Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisiana Quarintine

Started by holeinthewall, January 05, 2017, 07:15:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

Anyone know how this might effect field sizes the first couple weeks?  I was hoping to see some 14 horse fields to increase the exotic payouts. It should improve WPS payouts to in real competitive races.

userpick

Well I know one barn in particular has the majority of his horses at Evangeline Training Center or Fair Grounds. He won't have many entries the first couple of weeks. I read where Asmussen has a lot of his in Louisiana as well. I imagine the fields will still be pretty full, but there are a few trainers who won't have their best horses here for a few weeks.

heavylifting

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 05, 2017, 07:15:28 am
Anyone know how this might effect field sizes the first couple weeks?
Guesswork at this point, but look at it this way -- horses that might have thought of shipping to New Orleans sure as hell won't be going there now. In other words, shouldn't be a negative effect and might positively affect entries.

OaklawnCapper

I don't think it will have a huge impact on the field size at Oaklawn, but it has hurt those trying to get one more race in LA before shipping in.  The guys I am partners with on a few horses had two of their other horses that were supposed to ship up to Oaklawn that are now stuck in Louisiana.  Luckily one is at the Fair Grounds so she can run, but the other horse is at Evangeline Training Center.

jdelo77

Doesn't Brett Calhoun and Karl Broberg run a lot of horses in Louisiana ? I would think that would affect them ...wonder if we don't see more shipping from Hawthorne ?

kingoftherapids

its good for the ones who stable here starting early. it also isn't a bad deal if you are stuck at the fairgrounds right now. you can be running in 4 horse allowance races for the simple reason nobody can ship in from an evangeline or delta.