Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gulfstream yesterday

Started by holeinthewall, January 05, 2017, 07:13:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

Anyone catch the 4 horse in maybe the 4th race (can't remember which race) 50-1 morning line got bet down as low as 12-1 that I saw.  Came running late and won by a length. Paid $31.40. Someone knew something on the horse. I didn't have past performances I was just watching the races yesterday.

heavylifting

Do you mean Wednesday's 5th race at Tampa Bay Downs?

That's the only race yesterday that remotely comes close to what you're describing.

The 4 won it by a length and paid $31.20.

The winner is a 4-year-old first-time starter that was risked in a maiden claiming race for $8,000 first time out by the owner, who is also the breeder. The morning line odds were 10-1, not 50-1.

Which lets me mount by soapbox to say that the first race belongs to the barn and deservedly. If you disagree, i suggest you do this -- get a job on the backside, show up every day by 6 am, muck out stalls, haul that out to a muckpit and repeat 2 or 3 times. EVERY DAY!

FWIW, the trainer had a low percentage with first time starters -- 4% -- but a high ROI, over $4.00. And he had Victor Lebron in the saddle, who is a cut above most of the guys in the room at Tampa.

By the way, does anybody know why Lebron didn't follow through with his plans to go to southern California after the Monmouth Park meet? Was he going out with Gallardo and his then-agent (Mike Moran), only to have that fall through when Gallardo shifted course to jettison Moran for Matt Muzikar (the former Mr. Julie Krone) when Javier Castellano and Muzikar parted ways? Tangled webs and all that, I know.

holeinthewall

QuoteThe winner is a 4-year-old first-time starter that was risked in a maiden claiming race for $8,000 first time out by the owner, who is also the breeder. The morning line odds were 10-1, not 50-1.

I was looking at Oaklawn anywhere on my phone swore it said 50-1.