Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breeders Cup Wager Thread

Started by userpick, November 01, 2016, 06:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

userpick

Hopefully some people in here cash some big tickets. I think on Friday I will play the pick 4, races 6-9 and that's it. Saturday is a whole new ball game. Post your selections and multi race wagers in here. Lets make some money on the busiest racing weekend of the year.

cbhawg03

So basically kiss our wagers goodbye? It's the kiss of death posting picks in here

jdelo77

Some of these races look impossible ! Some have standouts that look like they can't lose ...it will either be a great weekend for me or a horrible one ...

cbhawg03

Anybody got a lock?  Who do you think is for sure winner that can't lose? 

For me, Lord Nelson. 

jdelo77

I don't see Dortmund losing , there is no chrome or AP in this race ! I like gun runner a little though ...

I don't see songbird losing either ...the problem is they will both be chalk ...

kingoftherapids

i think songbird/beholder exacta box is the lock. EVERYTHING is going beholder's way right now. throw out the last two races against stellar wind. dont ask why, just do it.... she will not get passed by stellar wind this time. question is can she catch the big 3 year old? look out for a monster performance from the 6 year old henny mare.

userpick

Quote from: kingoftherapids on November 02, 2016, 03:42:33 pm
i think songbird/beholder exacta box is the lock. EVERYTHING is going beholder's way right now. throw out the last two races against stellar wind. dont ask why, just do it.... she will not get passed by stellar wind this time. question is can she catch the big 3 year old? look out for a monster performance from the 6 year old henny mare.

Agreed. I think this is the race songbird goes down.

userpick

Lord Nelson scratched out of the sprint. I hate this as I was going to play many tickets against him and he would for sure take money.

cbhawg03

Quote from: userpick on November 03, 2016, 10:21:11 am
Lord Nelson scratched out of the sprint. I hate this as I was going to play many tickets against him and he would for sure take money.

Well you would have lost on every one of those tickets lol

On to the other two good bets now that he scratched

userpick

$0.50 pick 4 races 6-9 Friday

1-3-4-6-8-9-11-13-14 with 3 with 1-2-3-4-7-10-11-13-14 with 1-5-6-8

$162

Will add more tomorrow. Y'alls turn! KOTR I know you have something brewing.

jdelo77

Friday pick 4 races 6-9

1,2,6,8,11,13 wt 3 wt 1,2,4,5,7,11,14 wt 1

cbhawg03

Quote from: userpick on November 04, 2016, 12:27:16 am
$0.50 pick 4 races 6-9 Friday

1-3-4-6-8-9-11-13-14 with 3 with 1-2-3-4-7-10-11-13-14 with 1-5-6-8

$162

Will add more tomorrow. Y'alls turn! KOTR I know you have something brewing.

Race 6: Leaving off the 2 is dangerous.  Flo and Casse combination in Turf Graded stakes with 2 year olds: 4 horses, 6 races, 5 wins and 1 second. And you leave off the D'Amato horse at SA? 

Race 9:  You already know Rosario will screw up enough to miss the win spot lol  Really like her chances to hit the board though but the more I think about it, the more I will save cost and/or use Gun Runner in Dirt Mile and narrow Distaff down to Songbird and Stellar Wind.  Beholder isn't going to turn the tables now

userpick

Quote from: cbhawg03 on November 04, 2016, 08:53:26 am
Race 6: Leaving off the 2 is dangerous.  Flo and Casse combination in Turf Graded stakes with 2 year olds: 4 horses, 6 races, 5 wins and 1 second. And you leave off the D'Amato horse at SA? 

Race 9:  You already know Rosario will screw up enough to miss the win spot lol  Really like her chances to hit the board though but the more I think about it, the more I will save cost and/or use Gun Runner in Dirt Mile and narrow Distaff down to Songbird and Stellar Wind.  Beholder isn't going to turn the tables now

I'll include 2 on a backup ticket. 9 is my long shot in that race.

userpick

$0.50 pick 4 race 6-9

1-2-3-6-8-9-11-13-14 with 3 with ALL with 8

$63

jdelo77

Chalk so far ...and speed is holding

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jdelo77 on November 04, 2016, 03:26:25 pm
Chalk so far ...and speed is holding
Yep, and I don't expect it to change the rest of the day. I'll keep looking though..
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

jdelo77

I'm going to scale down my pick 4 ticket

userpick

jdelo77

Tamarkuz ?!? Yeah didn't have that one at all ...

userpick

Knocked out. My long shot of the day is taking money but still going to try and make some money on the day.

Win/Place/show #11 race 8

jdelo77

New money honey just bailed me out ...

ghostzapper

Wonder if Baffert got an ass chewing from Dortmund owner?

userpick

Time to start preparing for tomorrow ha

userpick

Quote from: ghostzapper on November 04, 2016, 06:11:44 pm
Wonder if Baffert got an ass chewing from Dortmund owner?

Chrome ripped his heart out. No excuses today

ghostzapper

I agree.  Just wondering if they are second guessing his move to the mile when, arguably, he would have been 2nd choice in the Classic. 

Stevens just said Beholder is best horse he has ever ridden.  Apparently forgot he was on the back of Point Given and Silver Charm.

ghostzapper

Notwithstanding my comments, what a great race.

jdelo77

Damn beholder ran her heart out ...great race !! That's all for me tonight !!! See you tomorrow guys ....

jdelo77

Oneil / Gutierrez at a price again ...

oldman1015

Quote from: kingoftherapids on November 02, 2016, 03:42:33 pm
Nice call
Arkansas, the left lane state.

mckinneyhog5

7th race $1 tri 1,2,3/1,2,3/1,2,3,8,9,10,11,16
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

userpick

8th race win bets on Klimt and Practical Joke

HogFanInBryant

Frosted freaks today in the BCC!  $60 to win and place...come on you gray and silver monster!

mckinneyhog5

Screw it...I'm hoping for a pace meltdown. I'm going with Hoppertunity over a few in ex. Also have an 2/3 ex

HogFanInBryant

Chrome=Toughness
Arrogate=Talent
That was the true definition of a 2 horse race!

Porked Tongue

userpick

Arrogate is a monster. The best horse won today but have to think Chrome's long year took a toll on him. Great weekend of racing.

Oh yeah, I lost my ass.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: userpick on November 05, 2016, 08:41:48 pm
Arrogate is a monster. The best horse won today but have to think Chrome's long year took a toll on him. Great weekend of racing.

Oh yeah, I lost my ass.

Syndergaard running out of gas costs me a LOT of gas money lol...I really thought he'd run better?

jdelo77

Worst breeders cup for me ( betting wise ) that I can remember

holeinthewall

Anyone take advantage of the $20 win bets and if you lost you get your money refunded through Oaklawnanywhere? I played a couple long shots missed them both but WTH it was free money

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on November 05, 2016, 09:51:54 pm
Syndergaard running out of gas costs me a LOT of gas money lol...I really thought he'd run better?

For as good as TAP is with 2 year olds, not good when it comes to the BC.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on November 06, 2016, 07:49:52 am
For as good as TAP is with 2 year olds, not good when it comes to the BC.

I just didn't think he could F&^% this horse up after the last race at Belmont.  The horse HAD to be sharp and have a deep bottom after that performance...but once again I am wrong in a 2 year old stakes race.  I'm pretty sure I am hitting those at less than 2% over the last 20 years!

userpick

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on November 06, 2016, 09:09:34 am
I just didn't think he could F&^% this horse up after the last race at Belmont.  The horse HAD to be sharp and have a deep bottom after that performance...but once again I am wrong in a 2 year old stakes race.  I'm pretty sure I am hitting those at less than 2% over the last 20 years!

Well I missed all weekend besides Beholder, which wasn't exactly hard to get to. I left Syndegaard off all of my tickets because he's not bred to go that far, hadn't ever ran 2 turns, and most importantly, didn't ship out until late. I'm not sure why Pletcher hasn't caught on to that yet.

userpick

I do, however, believe Syndegaard will be a monster in one turn miles, as he's already proven.