Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lots of superstars in this year's Breeder's Cup Classic...BUT

Started by HogFanInBryant, August 28, 2016, 09:36:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

We've seen this before.  All the superstars that will run this year like to be close to the lead and nobody will allow a wire to wire winner with soft fractions.  Who is the mop up horse that could come flying at the end?  Doubtful that Exaggerator will get a wet track at Santa Anita...if he even runs...without a wet track he is an automatic toss if you ask me.

cbhawg03

Effinex, not sure if he will even make it to the Classic but he will sit back off pace if they decide to go early

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on August 29, 2016, 08:45:06 am
Effinex, not sure if he will even make it to the Classic but he will sit back off pace if they decide to go early

I didn't realize he wanted to sit that far off the pace?  I guess my thought is it would be a Giacomo type performance to run by all the superstars in the BCC if they go crazy fast up front and the whole thing falls apart.

cbhawg03

He won't sit that far back but will be able to sit back and stick close.

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on August 28, 2016, 09:36:15 pm
We've seen this before.  All the superstars that will run this year like to be close to the lead and nobody will allow a wire to wire winner with soft fractions.  Who is the mop up horse that could come flying at the end?  Doubtful that Exaggerator will get a wet track at Santa Anita...if he even runs...without a wet track he is an automatic toss if you ask me.

Found your horse for you, Mubtahjii.  However it's spelled. That's who will lay back and make a big move in Classic should he run.

Like a different jock than Irad though.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on September 02, 2016, 05:36:49 pm
Found your horse for you, Mubtahjii.  However it's spelled. That's who will lay back and make a big move in Classic should he run.

Like a different jock than Irad though.

He seems to be in pretty good form too!  It'll take something crazy up front but I think you could be onto something...

songofthesword

I just don't see chrome winning the classic. I like chrome. I just don't see it. I want him to. I think Baffert's horse is better (Arrogate). I think Arrogate has Ghostzapper esque potential. If he runs his travers again he smokes this entire field by 5. But he's by unbridled song and i hate unbridled song's they get quarter cracks and darn and they are brittle as Frank and really dont' wanna run 10 furlongs. This is my key upset tho Crhome will be no higher than 2 to 1 and i don't think eh's the best horse in the race.

This is where watching racing all around the world pays off. There are very few sure things in horse racing. Rachel in the oaks. lol Rags in the oaks. Chad Brown blowing a big race. Short of the jockey pulling his dick out and pissing on the lawn in the middle of the race, there is absolutely no way anyone beats found, she's just too good, in the turf. Best filly (in the turf not overall) I've seen come over since Pebbles. Well i was 2 years old when pebbles won the turf lol so I didn't technically see it but she beat strawberry road who was amazing (i think theatrical was in that race as well?) and pebbles was world class and found is probably better. She's not as good as Zarkava was but she's the best filly they've sent over in the turf in 2 decades is going to toy with this field. She won last year so she won't be high odds but she's the type you make your money back on when you have a ** day or double down when you have a good day. you create your wagering strategy around a mare like found.
'

The race of the year might be the ladies classic/ distaff. I think Songbird is the best horse.. period...at the breeders cup. she's never lost. she's never remotely come close to losing. i'm actually quite sure she's never been hit by the jockey. Beholder is good enough to possibly win the breeders cup classic against the boys if she ran her A+ game. It's like when Zenyatta was 5/2 in the apple blossom against round pound and zenyatta was better known as balance's little sister and she destroyed round pound. Songbird is better than Beholder and I hope she goes off at 2/1 or higher

Sherrifs has a beast in Gromley. Same connections as Zenyatta. There are a few trainers who when tehy do certain things you raise your eyebrow. Sherrifs NEVER runs horses this young this hard unless they are GOOD, i.e Zazu or Giacomo. darn Zenyatta didn't make hre first race until she was a month from being 4 years old. He's not a baffert. This horse is [CENSORED] serious.

I am all in on Found, Songbird and Gromley. Kinda in meh on Arrogate. I have absolutely no [CENSORED] clue in any of the other races too many variables and toop much can happen.There are a few aussie sprinters that if they came and ran in the turf sprint would demolish the sprint turfs but they won't of course. There are a few japanese horses that if they came over could make it interesting but i doubt it happens either.

Juve fillies is unusually weak this year

userpick

cbhawg03

Quote from: userpick on October 19, 2016, 11:45:12 am
i just can't see chrome losing

This.  Unless Frosted hooks him like he did AP.  Should find out tomorrow where Frosted will land, Classic or Dirt Mile. 

The horse that will take money and get beat is Runhappy. That's the bet against. 

Key Lord Nelson and Notwithstanding Bear (whatever the name is), and try to stick them with a couple in exotics.

Agree with SOS on Found despite the recent beat, but does like to finish second.

Tepin is the wildcard to me.  I think playing against her is best option and keeping her on smaller tickets.  Sprinkle in some Euros and Ironicus, and hope Ironicus doesn't bounce.

HogFanInBryant

I do have a stone cold winner that I am calling my lock on the BC card.  I am not a big Pletcher fan but Syndergaard is a freak.  Watch his 2nd place run in the Champagne after being on a suicidal 3/4 mile pace...and the SOB dug in and went on with it...rarely do you see a 2 y/o colt doing this on the surface at Belmont.  He will be dead fit and I don't see anyone beating him in the BC Juvenile.  If he is decent odds I have no problem firing a big win bet on him!  Seeing some say he will be 8-1 ML odds...no freaking way!  I do hear that the Zenyatta connections love Gromley, but I say bring it on!  I've got a great feeling about Syndergaard running off with this race!

userpick

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on October 21, 2016, 10:49:43 pm
I do have a stone cold winner that I am calling my lock on the BC card.  I am not a big Pletcher fan but Syndergaard is a freak.  Watch his 2nd place run in the Champagne after being on a suicidal 3/4 mile pace...and the SOB dug in and went on with it...rarely do you see a 2 y/o colt doing this on the surface at Belmont.  He will be dead fit and I don't see anyone beating him in the BC Juvenile.  If he is decent odds I have no problem firing a big win bet on him!  Seeing some say he will be 8-1 ML odds...no freaking way!  I do hear that the Zenyatta connections love Gromley, but I say bring it on!  I've got a great feeling about Syndergaard running off with this race!

I actually got to watch this horse workout this summer before he made his debut and you could tell he was a freak. I'll be against him in this race though. I think he's better off sticking to 1 turn. He'll also be overbet because his race in the Champagne was incredible.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: userpick on October 22, 2016, 02:07:28 am
I actually got to watch this horse workout this summer before he made his debut and you could tell he was a freak. I'll be against him in this race though. I think he's better off sticking to 1 turn. He'll also be overbet because his race in the Champagne was incredible.

I actually think his last race was just the beginning.  I think he puts on a show in the BC Juv simply because he is a freak...and the freaks come out on the big stages lol!  I can't believe some have him as an 8-1 4th choice.  If he is in the 3-1 range my kids might not get anything for Christmas if he bombs out lol.  Who do you like userpick?  I am considering play him in a tri keyed in the 1-2 slots.

BTW here is the race if you haven't seen it...2 y/o horses don't do this...especially at Belmont and the track was pretty fair that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24rKVzUysEU

userpick

As of right now I think I'm leaning towards Gormley, but that can change by tomorrow haha.

holeinthewall

Sucks ass it is at Santa Anita and doesn't kick off until late Friday.