Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frosted is the best horse in America right now

Started by ghostzapper, August 06, 2016, 05:22:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostzapper

Impressive Whitney win going opening 6f in 1:09 and change

jdelo77

Got into a heated argument about American Pharoah a few days ago , guy said he beat no one on his way to the triple crown , I told him frosted will turn out to be a good horse ...then he won easily ...

ghostzapper

Would have been. Fun to watch those two and CC go at it this year.

cbhawg03

Quote from: ghostzapper on August 07, 2016, 06:40:44 pm
Would have been. Fun to watch those two and CC go at it this year.

AP would trounce CC and it wouldn't be close.

Vote Tepin as best though for now

kingoftherapids

we are sort of an a golden era of horse racing right now. so many horses that are on the verge of being great if not already.

Iwastherein1969

Arrogant says, "not so fast on who's the best horse in this country, my friend"   .....Arrogant went Secretariat in the Travers today, well as far as time for a 1.25 miles goes
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ghostzapper

He made me 3 grand in pick 4 but there is no way in hell he deserves the mantle of stakes and track record at SAR.  That was one souped up track on the front end

cbhawg03

Quote from: ghostzapper on August 27, 2016, 06:15:20 pm
He made me 3 grand in pick 4 but there is no way in hell he deserves the mantle of stakes and track record at SAR.  That was one souped up track on the front end

Agree completely but man come on, you know that was a freak show today.  He could have hit 1:58 something based upon Mike Smith comments and just if he got after him more.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on August 27, 2016, 07:25:40 pm
Agree completely but man come on, you know that was a freak show today.  He could have hit 1:58 something based upon Mike Smith comments and just if he got after him more.

Not taking anything away from the monster performance...BUT...Mike Smith is a drama queen when it comes to doing interviews.  If this horse freaks again then I'll consider the bandwagon.  But...for now I am going to say show me more.  However...BB didn't look overly surprised honestly, or maybe the years have taught him how to have a poker face no matter what happens.

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on August 27, 2016, 07:59:16 pm
Not taking anything away from the monster performance...BUT...Mike Smith is a drama queen when it comes to doing interviews.  If this horse freaks again then I'll consider the bandwagon.  But...for now I am going to say show me more.  However...BB didn't look overly surprised honestly, or maybe the years have taught him how to have a poker face no matter what happens.

Think Baffert knew he was sitting on go.

Mike just said he didn't get after him until he started wondering off.  Mike didn't get after him much so not like comments don't match what he said.

And man, met Mike couple times, not really sure your words match Mike, at least last couple of years. 

You want to meet an [CENSORED] of a hockey? Go talk to Ricardo, or Corey Nakatani.  Want to meet really nice guys that are jocks? Go meet Mike Smith or Alex Canchari.  Those two by far the nicest guys you could meet.

cbhawg03

Quote from: cbhawg03 on August 27, 2016, 10:38:43 pm

Mike just said he didn't get after him until he started wondering off.  Mike didn't get after him much so not like comments don't match what he said.

And man, met Mike couple times, not really sure your words match Mike, at least last couple of years. 

You want to meet an a-hole of a jockey? Go talk to Ricardo, or Corey Nakatani.  Want to meet really nice guys that are jocks? Go meet Mike Smith or Alex Canchari.  Those two by far the nicest guys you could meet.

ghostzapper

What do you want me to say?  He ran out of his skin.   

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on August 27, 2016, 10:38:43 pm

You want to meet an [CENSORED] of a hockey? Go talk to Ricardo, or Corey Nakatani.  Want to meet really nice guys that are jocks? Go meet Mike Smith or Alex Canchari.  Those two by far the nicest guys you could meet.

I am not saying anything negative about Mike other than he LOVES the camera and can embellish a story better than most politicians.  Meaning...if he was riding a horse than won a $75k stakes race at Oaklawn he'd make it sound Breeders Cup bound if he got a microphone in front of him.

GoHogs1091

I would like to see the Breeders Cup Classic field be the following.

Frosted
California Chrome
Arrogate
Songbird
Exaggerator  (if the track turns out to be a wet, off track, then watch out)
Dortmund
Nyquist
American Freedom
Melatonin  (a dangerous, underrated horse; he has already won a 1 1/4 mile race at Santa Anita)
Effinex
Sharp Azteca  (a dangerous, underrated horse)
Mohaymen

That would be a lot better than last year's field, which was basically just a 1 horse high-level field.

userpick

ghostzapper