Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pharoah's full sis to debut today at Del Mar

Started by heavylifting, July 31, 2016, 12:57:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavylifting

Can't believe I'm the first one to weigh in on this, but

A FULL SISTER TO AMERICAN PHAROAH DEBUTS IN TODAY'S 3RD RACE AT DEL MAR

American Cleopatra, # 5, in a field of eight 2-year-old fillies.

Zayat owns, Baffert trains and -- get this -- STEWART ELLIOTT RIDES.

Co-3rd choice at 4-1 on the morning line.

Fave is another Baffert firster, Jeweled (Tyler Baze), # 8, for Mike Pegram and partners.

Second choice is # 1 She's My First (Santiago Gonzalez) from Jerry Hollendorfer. Ran 2nd first time out on July 1 in Arcadia.

Works on Amer Cleopatra are very good and workmanlike, but no bullets like her stablemate. Doesn't appear as if they've worked in company; many of Jeweled's works were at Los Al; does Baffert keep a string there? if not, may have been under someone else's training until July, when she shows the first of two works at Del Mar

Everybody in this race is on Lasix.

Post time is 3:03 Pacific (5:03 Central), about 15 minutes after the Haskell at Monmouth Park.

FWIW, Victor Espinoza has three mounts at Del Mar today, but not in the 3rd race.

And as far as I've been able to investigate, Jerry Bailey is not flying out to San Diego and coming out of retirement to take a mount on one of the 3rd race longshots just to keep Elliott from winning. But I could be wrong about that. 

ghostzapper

heavylifting

$16.60 to win.

Elliott must be in good standing with Baffert; they also won the seventh race together.

cbhawg03

Baffert had string at Los Al like most others after SA closed and races were ran at Los Al.

Elliot rode only cause Bejarno was at Monmouth and Prat only rode Lord Nelson for Baffert cause Bejarno was at Monmouth.

Went off at 7/1 though, that was the crazy part.  Seems everybody bets Zenyatta foals that run like crap but AP's sis goes off at 7/1?

heavylifting

Tries a Grade 1 stakes race today at Del Mar in the 9th race, going off 7:58 Central time.

5-2 second choice on the ML and Bejarano replaces Elliott in the saddle.