Cupid having surgery at Rood and Riddle

Started by kingoftherapids, April 18, 2016, 12:21:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

Entrapped epiglottis.  Off derby. Will train towards preakness

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: kingoftherapids on April 18, 2016, 12:21:48 pm
After the Akansas Derby I figured he would not be heading to Churchill for the KD.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on April 18, 2016, 12:21:48 pm

He is too talented to not have an excuse for his bad race.  Those fractions wouldn't have made him back up that bad.  I don't know if he'd won with no physical ailments, but it would have been right by the wire when someone passed him.  He'll be heard from again very soon if he recovers smoothly from this.  I still don't think the Ark Derby was too salty and I'm officially off SBN because he had everything his way other than being wide in the final turn...if he doesn't win against that pace with Cupid out of the picture I don't see him winning anything of importance...sad but true!

userpick

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on April 18, 2016, 08:35:12 pm
He is too talented to not have an excuse for his bad race.  Those fractions wouldn't have made him back up that bad.  I don't know if he'd won with no physical ailments, but it would have been right by the wire when someone passed him.  He'll be heard from again very soon if he recovers smoothly from this.  I still don't think the Ark Derby was too salty and I'm officially off SBN because he had everything his way other than being wide in the final turn...if he doesn't win against that pace with Cupid out of the picture I don't see him winning anything of importance...sad but true!

Luis Q told some people after the race that SBN was hating the track on the backstretch and he thought he was done until he shifted him outside.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: userpick on April 18, 2016, 10:24:26 pm
Luis Q told some people after the race that SBN was hating the track on the backstretch and he thought he was done until he shifted him outside.

If that is true then maybe he comes flying late at Churchill, but I won't be financially sponsoring him.  He's a very nice colt but I just don't think he can run with the cream of the crop after what I saw Saturday.  We'll see in less than 3 weeks :)

kingoftherapids

Right now it looks like Nyquist with an edge on about 15 other horses. seems like most years you can narrow the winner down to 4 or 5... this year outside of nyquist it seems so wide open.

jdelo77

I think whitmoore had a strong chance to hit the board !!! But still riding the nyquist train !! 

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on April 19, 2016, 03:45:53 pm
I think whitmoore had a strong chance to hit the board !!! But still riding the nyquist train !!

Whitmore in the AR Derby or in KY Derby?

Moquette sure does burn a lot of money at Oaklawn.  Last year I was behind a guy that dropped $100 WPS on Far Right. This year I'm behind a guy that drops $300 on Whitmore with WP, Exactas and DD bets. Poor fella, Whitmore never had a chance to win that race.

userpick

Quote from: cbhawg03 on April 19, 2016, 04:27:34 pm
Whitmore in the AR Derby or in KY Derby?

Moquette sure does burn a lot of money at Oaklawn.  Last year I was behind a guy that dropped $100 WPS on Far Right. This year I'm behind a guy that drops $300 on Whitmore with WP, Exactas and DD bets. Poor fella, Whitmore never had a chance to win that race.

Rosenblum said after the race that there's no doubt Whitmore was the best horse in the race and that the trip cost him--AGAIN....what color is the sky in his world?

jdelo77

He runs hard and with a good trip he could be there in the derby ! He looks like he clips heels or gets bumped badly , then about the 1/2 way point he starts moving , the derby is longer which could help him ...

cbhawg03

Quote from: userpick on April 19, 2016, 06:35:30 pm
Rosenblum said after the race that there's no doubt Whitmore was the best horse in the race and that the trip cost him--AGAIN....what color is the sky in his world?

I need his money and his mind lol but I'd probably go broke in a week cause if I didn't win there would be a reason so I would keep firing even though it may just be me that ain't good enough lol

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on April 19, 2016, 06:50:26 pm
He runs hard and with a good trip he could be there in the derby ! He looks like he clips heels or gets bumped badly , then about the 1/2 way point he starts moving , the derby is longer which could help him ...

If u bet him in KY Derby, please let me book your bet. I pay you double whatever he pays W P or S.

Sorry man but Whitmore isn't going to run that far and just flat out ain't good enough. Just think of Far Right but a little better. Whitmore needs to run at Churchill or New York where you get these one turn 7F or mile races and he could do some damage, but it's not happening against good horses going 2 turns.

jdelo77

Win maybe not but ,  in the money ? I don't see why he couldn't be ...

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on April 19, 2016, 09:51:00 pm
Win maybe not but ,  in the money ? I don't see why he couldn't be ...

Just a couple reasons, not good enough and flat out doesn't want to run that far. Why you think he always gets passed late or never catches the leader?

jdelo77

Aside from nyquist , who else fills out the tri ? It could be anyone at this point ?

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on April 20, 2016, 07:57:44 pm
Aside from nyquist , who else fills out the tri ? It could be anyone at this point ?

I agree to an extent, don't like anything from Tampa, the Wood Memorial, Turfway, and throw out Whitmore as well.

jdelo77

I agree lots of tosses but , the show slot will be an all button for my tri ...

cbhawg03

Seen yesterday that it's like $174 for a single all all tri, which if you let a horse in first and then again in second with all in the other legs, that's not really bad considering what the payoffs usually return. Just I would go all except Whitmore, he can't and won't do it.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on April 21, 2016, 10:23:06 am
Seen yesterday that it's like $174 for a single all all tri, which if you let a horse in first and then again in second with all in the other legs, that's not really bad considering what the payoffs usually return. Just I would go all except Whitmore, he can't and won't do it.

You do know that Whitmore will now win the Triple Crown since you said he "can't" and "won't" lol...isn't that how it usually works in horse racing haha?

cbhawg03

Really not one for booking bets, but I will book WPS bets on Whitmore for the Triple Crown. It's not he needs a better jock, better trip, etc., he has hit the board due to others failures and bad trips at Oaklawn otherwise he isn't even in the field in Kentucky. He just isn't good enough and always flattens out due to pedigree catching up with him.

cbhawg03

Also, take a look at Jon Whit's rules for winning the Kentucky Derby, Whitmore would have a lot of stokes, especially being in front with 1/8th to run at some point to prove that he doesn't like to be passed.

jdelo77

To hit the board ? He isn't good enough ?

jdelo77

Quote from: cbhawg03 on April 21, 2016, 05:54:44 pm
Really not one for booking bets, but I will book WPS bets on Whitmore for the Triple Crown. It's not he needs a better jock, better trip, etc., he has hit the board due to others failures and bad trips at Oaklawn otherwise he isn't even in the field in Kentucky. He just isn't good enough and always flattens out due to pedigree catching up with him.
He won't hit the board in any triple crown race ? Are you located in NWA ? Do you drink beer ? If so and he never hits the board in a triple crown race I will deliver you a case of your preferred beer ! If he does you do the same !

cbhawg03

I'm in Fort Smith.

But yes, Whitmore isn't good enough. He is a 1 turn horse at heart and has hit the board due to lesser competition or horses having bad trip.

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on April 21, 2016, 06:42:40 pm
He won't hit the board in any triple crown race ? Are you located in NWA ? Do you drink beer ? If so and he never hits the board in a triple crown race I will deliver you a case of your preferred beer ! If he does you do the same !

Drop off my case of beer at the Vivian Young Law Library on UA campus lol

Hopefully you had Whitmore at Aqueduct though, only paid $4.20 but he won.  The thing is though, he was sprinting.

jdelo77