Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 27, 2024, 12:12:05 am

Auburn

Started by -Blu, August 24, 2014, 10:29:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gmarv

liars lie and cheaters cheat.aubbie and pearl go togather very well.

-Blu

Quote from: MountieDawg on August 26, 2014, 05:09:01 pm
Because he had a recruit at his house for a cookout???

He also had a recruiting problem when he was an assistant.  Something about he tricked a kid to admit he took an SUV, recorded conversation, then gave it to someone.  I don't all the specifics you'll have to google it.  But, the guy has had multiple recruiting issues, that's a fact.

And as Swinesong said, if you'll go through the trouble of lying about a simple infraction, and telling parents, coaches, and everyone that was at the cookout to lie about it, that brings up character issues of what else have you been lying about and asking others to lie about.  You don't get caught on your first infraction.  And from what I was reading he also had some other violations at Tennessee that were undisclosed, I could have misread, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on August 26, 2014, 06:08:04 pm
And as Swinesong said, if you'll go through the trouble of lying about a simple infraction, and telling parents, coaches, and everyone that was at the cookout to lie about it, that brings up character issues of what else have you been lying about and asking others to lie about.  You don't get caught on your first infraction.  And from what I was reading he also had some other violations at Tennessee that were undisclosed, I could have misread, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The only folks who care about imaginary crimes are the imaginary police. Rumors, possibilities, and such rarely ever paint an accurate picture.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

poloprince

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 25, 2014, 07:46:57 am
Auburn will no longer be a push over as long as Bruce Pearl is there.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you hire a great recruiter. They tend to land top talent.

This reminds of the people that seem to be amazed by the players Calipari land year after year. It shows if you win enough, no one will care about why you have vacated wins at two other programs.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hawg Red

Auburn just got Trayvon Reed, former center committed to Maryland. He could be eligible for the 2nd semester but that has not been decided yet.

Another great get by Pearl. They'll have the talent.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 28, 2014, 03:13:16 pm
Auburn just got Trayvon Reed, former center committed to Maryland. He could be eligible for the 2nd semester but that has not been decided yet.

Another great get by Pearl. They'll have the talent.

A good recruiter can turn a basketball program around in a hurry.

Also helps when you have Gus and Pearl, who don't care about bringing in players with this type of character:
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/02/details-of-trayvon-reeds-arrest-released-pending-charges-could-carry-10-years/

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 28, 2014, 03:20:22 pm
A good recruiter can turn a basketball program around in a hurry.

Also helps when you have Gus and Pearl, who don't care about bringing in players with this type of character:
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/02/details-of-trayvon-reeds-arrest-released-pending-charges-could-carry-10-years/

Its not a character issue, the kid has an addiction. Those Twix ice cream bars are the new crack.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 26, 2014, 09:00:29 am
Because he had recruits over for a cookout then lied about it???? You serious Clark?

One time we learned the definition of "we" because some elected official had sex in the Oval Office.

One time we had a winning coach teach us that you "can" do a "reach around" on a Harley with a young blond while negotiating a curve.

One time we thought a country had WMDs.

In the last decade we have learned the term "Ponzi".

Hey "everybody" will now have AFFORDABLE QUALITY health care coverage.

Remember "tattoo-gate"?

How about "I'm not a crook".

So why not excused someone who was caught red handed, then attempt to build a wall of lies. I mean it's obvious today's standards have been lowered to acceptable levels.

So I guess we shouldn't demand honor, excellence, integrity, I mean they are supposedly helping and molding our youth into productive citizens....right?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on August 28, 2014, 11:47:09 pm
So why not excused someone who was caught red handed, then attempt to build a wall of lies. I mean it's obvious today's standards have been lowered to acceptable levels.

So I guess we shouldn't demand honor, excellence, integrity, I mean they are supposedly helping and molding our youth into productive citizens....right?

:razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

z1on

In a brief statement released Friday by the athletic department, Maryland men's coach Mark Turgeon said "Trayvon failed to meet the standards that are required by the university athletics department."

When reached by telephone, Turgeon declined to comment on the charges pending against the 7-foot-1 center, including second-degree assault, second degree assault of a police officer, theft under $100 and resisting arrest.

The officer, who needed the help of his partner to subdue Reed, wound up with two broken fingers.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-08-01/sports/bal-trayvon-reed-dismissed-by-maryland-basketball-team-after-arrest-20140801_1_trayvon-reed-nikki-reed-mark-turgeon

Typical Auburn recruit.

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on August 24, 2014, 11:48:28 pm
That's what I'm saying, he's not even suppose to be talking or having any kind of interaction with the recruits, but he talks to a top 30 player less than a day and he commits? 

Never stopped him before. I have no respect for cheaters..... Auburn in particular. They should have gotten the death penalty a log time ago.

poloprince

Now two players are on  indefinite leave ???
$PoLoPrInCe$

-Blu

Quote from: poloprince on August 29, 2014, 06:41:56 pm
Now two players are on  indefinite leave ???

Just making room for his guys, doesn't have any more available scholarships.  With these 2 guys gone Reed will get 1 of them, and we may see another guy come into the mix before it's all said and done.

Swinesong1

Quote from: -Blu on August 31, 2014, 12:53:59 pm
Just making room for his guys, doesn't have any more available scholarships.  With these 2 guys gone Reed will get 1 of them, and we may see another guy come into the mix before it's all said and done.
Just got a "New" commit.

-Blu

Smithian

Are we really surprised an energetic coach who plays to the media and has been all over ESPN past couple years has hit the ground running in recruiting?

They'll continue recruiting well and by year 2 or 3 Auburn will be battling Arkansas. Get used to it. If we don't like how he recruits, beat him on the court.

East TN HAWG

Pearl had the Bobby Petrino disease.  He lied to the NCAA about recruits being at his house.  You can call him a cheater, but he hasn't done a fraction of what Cal has done. 

Aubbie will be a good team now. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 24, 2014, 11:53:52 pm
I believe communication with recruits when he wasn't suppose too is what got him in trouble the first time.  Now he's probably learned to hide it better.  I bet he would lie again if questioned by the NCAA.  Only problem, auburn has a much more slippery better administration and compliance office than Tenner, they can protect him.

I thought you were being a little generous towards the best cheating program in college sports, so I adjusted your post to the way I feel about them.

Hope you don't mind.