Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miami men's basketball program under FBI investigation, president acknowledges

Started by MrKnowItAll, September 28, 2017, 06:36:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKnowItAll

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/miami-president-acknowledges-his-mens-basketball-program-is-under-fbi-investigation/

In court documents, Miami reasonably appears to be so-called "University-7" with specific connections to an unidentified coach "Coach-3" and recruit "Player-12." University-7 is identified as a private university in Florida with approximately 16,000 students and one of the state's largest universities, among other details that match Miami's profile. There are accusations from the FBI that Jim Gatto, a prominent Adidas employee, was working with an assistant coach from University-7 in an effort to move $150,000 to the family of a high-profile 2018 prospect.

theFlyingHog

Off topic, for some reason I always thought Miami was a much larger school. I had to look up the 16,000, I assumed they were double that

Paul

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 28, 2017, 06:46:09 am
Off topic, for some reason I always thought Miami was a much larger school. I had to look up the 16,000, I assumed they were double that
Miami is an expensive private school with a great academic reputation & beautiiful campus in Coral Gables

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

holeinthewall

Quote from: Paul on September 29, 2017, 04:16:07 pm
  Miami is an expensive private school with a great academic reputation & beautiiful campus in Coral Gables

Most kids can't get in there even with an ACT score above 30. 55K a year it will cost you.

husker71

They dropped mens  basketball for 12 years at one time I think back in 1972 to 1984.